Romney’s voters are not moochers or victims

Good plan. Even though he said that nearly half the population of the U.S. "believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it" and that these people "pay no income tax" and will never believe "they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives", I can see your best line of attack would be to get into an argument of semantics about whether or not he thinks they're "deadbeats."

The worst thing, if you ask me, is the line where he said "My job is is not to worry about those people." What kind of president would that be?

I have no 'line of attack'. That would be for people that hang around here making many posts per day and are political junkies. I am simply pointing out that Romney did not use any terms like deadbeat. Surely you have enough ammunition from what the man's said and done that you don't need to put words in his mouth? And if in context you can't get the meaning of the phrase, "My job is is not to worry about those people", and can't discuss with integrity of some sort, then there is no point in bothering to respond to your intentional smears.

Edited by sharkman

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no 'line of attack'. That would be for people that hang around here making many posts per day and are political junkies. I am simply pointing out that Romney did not use any terms like deadbeat. Surely you have enough ammunition from what the man's said and done that you don't need to put words in his mouth? And if in context you can't get the meaning of the phrase, "My job is is not to worry about those people", and can't discuss with integrity of some sort, then there is no point in bothering to respond to your intentional smears.

What is the context and meaning of "My job is is not to worry about those people"? He brought them up, he must be worried about them in some fashion. And, if he's not worried about people who earn so little money they don't pay taxes, what does that say about his agenda? Shouldn't he be promoting ideas that have everybody pay lots of taxes, because they're earning so much?

Guest American Woman

Then he should have said "federal income taxes" instead of "any taxes." Durr.

When his comment was clearly in reference to what Romney was speaking of - which is federal income taxes - it speaks for itself.

At this point I would point out how stupid and hypocritical it is of Romney to be down on those who pay 0% federal income tax. 60% of those who paid no income taxes have jobs and because they have job they pay 16% pay roll tax (a tax Romney does not pay) so their effective tax rate is at least 16%. Romney's is 13% HE PAYS LESS TAX THEN THOSE HE PRETENDS ARE DEADBEATS!!!

So after we cut the 50% pie in half because those people pay more taxes then Romney we also have to remember that a third are seniors who live only off of SS. So after we take those people out there is about 10% left.

Romney is such a piece of work and the people defending him have no excuse. You are being ignorant criticizing people who pay MORE TAXES THEN ROMNEY while at the same time pretending like Romney's taxes aren't an issue. Romney talks out of both sides of his mouth and neither tells the truth.

At this point I would point out how stupid and hypocritical it is of Romney to be down on those who pay 0% federal income tax. 60% of those who paid no income taxes have jobs and because they have job they pay 16% pay roll tax (a tax Romney does not pay) so their effective tax rate is at least 16%. Romney's is 13% HE PAYS LESS TAX THEN THOSE HE PRETENDS ARE DEADBEATS!!!

So after we cut the 50% pie in half because those people pay more taxes then Romney we also have to remember that a third are seniors who live only off of SS. So after we take those people out there is about 10% left.

Romney is such a piece of work and the people defending him have no excuse. You are being ignorant criticizing people who pay MORE TAXES THEN ROMNEY while at the same time pretending like Romney's taxes aren't an issue. Romney talks out of both sides of his mouth and neither tells the truth.

Payroll tax, FICA is 5.6% not 16.

True , but I think you are being disengenuous because he did say.....

And a deadbeat is...

Mitt should have used deadbeat, it is apparent thats what he meant.

Please, dont pull a shady sharkman.

Just like the gaffe from when Obama said about the if you own a business you didn't build that.

Romney made a dumb statement that when running for office could cause problems. However given how polarized the USA is right now, I can't see the numbers shifting too much. I think Romney's campaign team messed up the campaign. Instead of playing hard to his base and pissing off independents, it should have been playing to the independents and telling his base to get their ass in line.

Romney pays more dollars, creates wealth and jobs. He's contributing more to society than those other people, why shouldn't he enjoy a lower rate?

Guest American Woman

I don't know, but I sure wish deadbeat Mitt would GET A JOB!

He's 65, which is retirement age, so just out of curiosity, do you refer to all people of retirement age who no longer have a job as "deadbeats?"

Just like the gaffe from when Obama said about the if you own a business you didn't build that.

No, because if you listen to Obama in context, you realize it wasn't really a gaffe. When you listen to Romney in context, he just digs the hole deeper for himself.

Romney pays more dollars, creates wealth and jobs. He's contributing more to society than those other people, why shouldn't he enjoy a lower rate?

Maybe because he is criticizing people who pay more then he does for not paying enough? I know if he had his way no one would pay taxes and the US would be Free Marketland with no police or educators but that really isn't how it works.

Hmmm do I believe you or the unbiased news source? Oh I believe the unbiased new source. have fun reading and learning.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/18/here-s-why-mitt-s-100-wrong-on-the-47.html

AFAIK, payroll taxes cover social security and medicare, together those add up to 5.6%. You could look it up yourself. Sure would like to know where the other 10% goes if what you say is true.

AFAIK, payroll taxes cover social security and medicare, together those add up to 5.6%. You could look it up yourself. Sure would like to know where the other 10% goes if what you say is true.

All I know is payroll taxes are 16% and Mittens doesn't pay them. He pays less in tax then 60% of the people he is pretending are deadbeats.

Guest American Woman

All I know is payroll taxes are 16% and Mittens doesn't pay them. He pays less in tax then 60% of the people he is pretending are deadbeats.

Romney is 65, retirement age. No one who has reached retirement age and no longer has earned income is paying payroll (social security and medicare) taxes. To criticize him for this is really no better than what he has done.

Oh, I didn't realize that Romney had released his tax records, just what has he been paying the last few years?

13% according to his only tax return release. Unless he wants to prove otherwise he has paid less then those "deadbeats" that don't pay taxes. I agree though Romney looks like a dummy for talking about other people with out releasing his own taxes.

Really. He's never had a job in his life? Never had earned income? That's quite the news flash. Quite the "fact." <_<

It is a very real fact because the Jobs Romney had, those people don't pay payroll taxes. You better go check your facts because in the job he had he would have never paid those taxes.

Let's no forget to that payroll taxes are capped at 200,000 dollars.

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

It is a very real fact because the Jobs Romney had, those people don't pay payroll taxes. You better go check your facts because in the job he had he would have never paid those taxes.

Really? And your source for this is .... ??