US Ambassador to Libya killed in attacks

I think the reference to the feelings of Muslims is the most disturbing. I'm still waiting for their apology of Piss Christ, or Good Christian Bitches, South Park, or Dan Brown, etc, etc, etc. Oh that's right, there were none. Because only Muslims seem to be whipped into a murderous frenzy by the exercising of free speech. Everyone else seems to be able to handle it, disagree, maybe even feel offended, but go on with their normal lives.

Not only do you not understand the word "condemn," you also don't understand "as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions"?

Wow. This election campaign has been one long effort to misunderstand the obvious. :lol:

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore, who decided to show this film in the ME?

see interweeb

- and I fear you are saying that they brought that on themselves, rather than defending their right to free speech and having complete outrage for violent killers - and only killers, rather than people who were only expressing free speech - no different from what is directed at other non-violent religions/groups.

again, and again, and again... making the distinction between (apparently) non-violent video protestors and those others that (are suspected) to have coincidentally attacked the embassy, doesn't fit your narrative, hey?

and again, you're most willing and quite accepting to apply a more localized video creators "American free speech", via a border-less internet medium, to a global reach... whether or not all world countries/peoples recognize/accept that same tenet.

What would you guys say if I told you that Terry Jones was not the film maker but an Israeli-born Jew real estate developer in California made the film?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/anti-muslim-film-director-in-hiding-following-libya-egypt-violence/2012/09/12/72a6eda0-fcdc-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html?hpid=z2

What would you guys say if I told you that Terry Jones was not the film maker but an Israeli-born Jew real estate developer in California made the film?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/anti-muslim-film-director-in-hiding-following-libya-egypt-violence/2012/09/12/72a6eda0-fcdc-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html?hpid=z2

brought this forward earlier... but the threads fairly fast/dynamic:

please allow the waldo to interject facts and more pertinent 'speculation':

- the video was not created by 'Terry Jones'; rather,
... a California American who claims to be an "Israeli Jew". The only Jones association is one where he purports to promote the Bacile video. Bacile is now being described as, "in hiding"!

- protests directly associated with the video, in both Egypt and Libya, are being described as "minimal"... crowds shouting, flag raising - nothing more.
that leveraged the initial video protest.

Doesn't make any difference to my argument.... People are allowed to make critical (even crazy and offensive) films. They should not be condemned to die for it and others should not be killed due to their nationality. THat is backwards thinking.

making the distinction between (apparently) non-violent video protestors and those others that (are suspected) to have coincidentally attacked the embassy, doesn't fit your narrative, hey?

Of course it makes a difference.... it makes this whole conversation hypothetical in nature, doesn't it?

Edited by The_Squid

brought this forward earlier... but the threads fairly fast/dynamic:

Sorry, Waldo, I missed that. But I see that it makes no diffence in the opinion of some....I find it curious in the light of the other news of the day....Bibi wants the US to draw a 'red line' in regard to Iran or else. The opposition party in Israel even asked Bibi "Who do you want replaced, [iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad or [uS President Barack] Obama?"

Can I just be the first to point out to Shady that statement was made by people ON THE GROUND inside the embassy who thought a situation was getting out of hand. People who were trying to peacefully diffuse the situation to save lives. This is disgusting. If words can save lives sometimes they really should be used.

Mitt Romney saw a dead American and didn't even wait till the body was cold before exploiting the death for his own personal gain.

Here are just some pictures out of Benghazi today. Hundreds attended Pro-America Rallies while Mitt was cheering for more Americans deaths.

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

Another punked lie. Romney's response was to the embarrassment of a response by the embassy. I'm getting really tired of this administration apologizing to the world's worst actors.

So if this attack was planned before this movie was released online, then Jones has really nothing to do with the situation in Libya, but does not explain the violence in Egypt.

So this is getting a little confusing. More information is going to come out.

it's quite heeelarious to see the Republican infighting - a veritable implosion! I mean... would you like me to start a more detailed quote free-for-all? "Bungle… utter disaster…not ready for prime time… not presidential… Lehman moment.” And that's just the Republicans." :lol:

Not true. The embarrassment of an apology from the embassy and the Obama administration needed to be criticized. So should Obamas disastrous foreign policy. It's Jimmy Carter all over again. Instead of replacing the shah with the mullahs, he's given us the Muslim brotherhood instead.

Not true. The embarrassment of an apology from the embassy and the Obama administration needed to be criticized. So should Obamas disastrous foreign policy. It's Jimmy Carter all over again. Instead of replacing the shah with the mullahs, he's given us the Muslim brotherhood instead.

You are an embarrassment to this board. If you want to blame Obama for the current foreign policy, then I hope you criticize Bush for the same actions, and if your puppet Romney gets in, I expect you to call out the wrongs when they happen. Chances of that happening with you ??? Zero.

You have proven time and time again that you are nothing more than a partisan hack. I don't think I am the only one on this board that can see it. Calling me ill-informed while you still think that polls and balloons matter.

Hack. Leave the discussion to the big kids.

So if this attack was planned before this movie was released online, then Jones has really nothing to do with the situation in Libya, but does not explain the violence in Egypt.

So this is getting a little confusing. More information is going to come out.

You still don't get it. Jones or anyone else can exercise their freedom of speech, and yes, offend. That doesn't give anyone the right to murder. At least, it doesn't with everyone else in the world. You still think we need to "watch what we say" because some people can't control themselves. So if other groups of people, Catholics, Jews, etc, started acting in the same violent manner, would you also suggest we watch what we say about those groups too? You just don't get it.

You are an embarrassment to this board. If you want to blame Obama for the current foreign policy, then I hope you criticize Bush for the same actions, and if your puppet Romney gets in, I expect you to call out the wrongs when they happen. Chances of that happening with you ??? Zero.

You have proven time and time again that you are nothing more than a partisan hack. I don't think I am the only one on this board that can see it. Calling me ill-informed while you still think that polls and balloons matter.

Hack. Leave the discussion to the big kids.

No, you're the partisan hack. It's Romney, Romney, Romney, when he's not even in any position of power. Yet your kisser remains silent when it comes to Obama. Even though you say Romney is just like him. Well, Obama is him, yet literally silence or blaming other people instead of criticizing the actual person in charge. Complete political hackness.

You still don't get it. Jones or anyone else can exercise their freedom of speech, and yes, offend. That doesn't give anyone the right to murder.

No one here is saying they have the right to murder because of what Jones said or did. That much is obvious, but you keep riding the train of lies because your narrow myopic view of this situation.

At least, it doesn't with everyone else in the world. You still think we need to "watch what we say" because some people can't control themselves.

Words and actions have consequences.

So if other groups of people, Catholics, Jews, etc, started acting in the same violent manner, would you also suggest we watch what we say about those groups too? You just don't get it.

Absolutely not. Say whatever you want, but beware of the consequences, not everyone will simply ignore it and leave it be.

This is the crux of this whole thread in my view in which BubberMiley help clarify for me is that we can do what we want. But take into account that every action has a reaction. And some of the reactions you may not like. And yes the violence should be condemned, but does that change the current situation?

i couldn't help but comment on shady's profile, including his signature that quotes gandhi of all people and this:

"Voted Maple Leaf Web's 'Most Outstanding Poster' 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

he seems to be his number one fan.

a bizarre but interesting poster. his choice for his profile photo is quite fitting, considering it's of james o'keefe, a liar and a law breaker who used whatever means possible and mislead people with the material he presents to drive home his agenda.

No, you're the partisan hack. It's Romney, Romney, Romney, when he's not even in any position of power. Yet your kisser remains silent when it comes to Obama. Even though you say Romney is just like him. Well, Obama is him, yet literally silence or blaming other people instead of criticizing the actual person in charge. Complete political hackness.

Geeze, even when I told you 4 years ago that Obama would be worse than Bush. That much is clearly evident. But you keep ignoring that I said it. So I don't need to keep pointing out Obama's crimes, you do a great job of just that while supporting Romney and ignoring his troubles with his finances and Bain Capital.

And I'll say it again. IF Romney gets in, the current status quo will continue, because you fail to understand something called foreign policy. The Bush Admin went into Iraq based on a long standing foreign policy of regime change within Iraq. Long before Bush Jr got into power. So whatever current foreign policies are in place will just be carried out by the puppet Romney when he gets in.

If Romney is in line with the policies, he will be given the green light. If they go against those policies, he will be shot down at every turn.

Ill informed right?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/thanks-obama-the-terrorists-you-used-to-topple-regimes-in-egypt-and-libya-are-now-attacking-our-embassies?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=thanks-obama-the-terrorists-you-used-to-topple-regimes-in-egypt-and-libya-are-now-attacking-our-embassies

URL might not show up, quite long so try this .....

http://tinyurl.com/8bnq3zx

Many of us tried to warn Barack Obama that using militants from al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations to overthrow governments in the Middle East would not end well. The Obama administration was so determined to get rid of Mubarak and Gaddafi that they didn't even really stop and think about who would be replacing them. Our leaders assured us that those opposed to Mubarak and Gaddafi were "freedom fighters" that just wanted "liberty" and "democracy" in those countries. Well, of course it turns out that the folks that took control of both Egypt and Libya bear no resemblance to George Washington whatsoever. They have simply replaced one form of tyranny with an even worse form of tyranny. Sadly, the last couple of days have been a huge wake up call for all of us. Radical Islamic militants stormed the U.S. embassy in Cairo, Egypt and replaced the American flag with the al-Qaeda flag. In Benghazi, Libya the U.S. consulate was attacked by a crowd equipped with guns, homemade bombs and rocket-propelled grenades. They torched the consulate, looted it, and killed the U.S. ambassador and three other U.S. officials. Apparently they are not as grateful for our help in "liberating" their homelands as the Obama administration thought they would be. Unfortunately, our politicians fundamentally misunderstand what is going on in the Middle East, and this is going to continue to lead to more policy errors.

For years, our politicians told us that "al-Qaeda" was the big enemy in the "War on Terror".

But then during the "Arab Spring" the U.S. government was openly working with "al-Qaeda" and a bunch of other similar organizations all over the Middle East to overthrow established governments.

To say that our approach to the Middle East has been "inconsistent" would be a massive understatement.

Not true. The embarrassment of an apology from the embassy and the Obama administration needed to be criticized.

If you're going to keep saying it was an apology, you should have the integrity to explain how condemning something is apologizing for it.

Maybe you should go and try and figure out what "random sampling" means again. :lol:

Another punked lie. Romney's response was to the embarrassment of a response by the embassy. I'm getting really tired of this administration apologizing to the world's worst actors.

Yah a response to the embassy tweeting hours before the event. Yes Shady they apologized for something before it even happened. No they were trying to diffuse a situation. You know cause they were trying to save their lives.

Edited by punked

Hard to imagine what can be done about him, without violating free speech. Do we curtail free speech because some looney toons might violently overreact?

The criminals who perpetrated the crimes are the problem.

Legally , not much nor should there be but justifying his actions merely on the grounds of free speech is absurd.

Yah a response to the embassy tweeting hours before the event. Yes Shady they apologized for something before it even happened. No they were trying to diffuse a situation. You know cause they were trying to save their lives.

Then why did the White House also distance itself from the statement?

Actually, no he doesn't. He is free to be offensive. No one should be killed because of it. The offended do not have a right to be violent.

So should Salman Rushdie never have written the Satanic Verses because extremists would be offended?

Rushdie is an Indian born Muslim scholar who wrote a critically acclaimed novel. Jones is a self serving scumbag who doesn't care who gets hurt as long as he stays in the news. Any comparison is absurd.