General Motors: The money pit

Shady

For the same reason Pierre Elliot Trudeau used his middle name; to bifurcate his heritage. Obama wants to pander to the leftists and Arabists among the population.

nice try... the question wasn't asking for your skewed/misplaced interpretation; rather, the question was asking you why... you... used Obama's middle name... why... you... highlighted it, pointedly and purposely, with a html font size tag? Why did... you... do that?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice try... the question wasn't asking for your skewed/misplaced interpretation; rather, the question was asking you why... you... used Obama's middle name... why... you... highlighted it, pointedly and purposely, with a html font size tag? Why did... you... do that?

I did that as a compliment. I assume Barack Hussein Obama takes great pride in his heritage much as Pierre Elliot Trudeau took pride, when convenient, in the Anglophone parts of his heritage.

For the same reason Pierre Elliot Trudeau used his middle name; to bifurcate his heritage. Obama wants to pander to the leftists and Arabists among the population.

Obama never uses his middle name, other than when he's being sworn into office.

But I see you still don't know how to use a semi-colon. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

Obama never uses his middle name, other than when he's being sworn into office.

But I see you still don't know how to use a semi-colon. :lol:

I've never seen Obama use his middle name, other than swearing in.

Perhaps jbg can provide us with some proof...

Leftists like his middle name? That's news.... and he panders to Muslims? How's that?

I've never seen or heard of anyone using Obama's middle name other than the far right.

I'm just curious why you do that? It's not a difficult or a trick question.....

But how is my using his middle name different from PM Trudeau using his middle name? I'm totally confused.

He was sworn in (with an error in the oath no less) with his middle name, if I recall correctly.

Um, so did William Jefferson Clinton (

).

Dwight D. Eisenhower just used the D.

).

Ronald Reagan didn't use any initial (in 1981 not sure about 1985).

I note that Richard Nixon did go with Milhous (here).

George Walker Bush used his middle name (here).

I could go on but don't think it is necessary.

The only exceptionalism going on here is not whether or not a President is sworn in with or without his middle name or middle initial.

No, what is exceptional is jbg's hypocritical use Obama's middle name.

Edited by msj

But how is my using his middle name different from PM Trudeau using his middle name? I'm totally confused.

You can't be that stupid that you would be confused about my question. The question was really simple.

Why do you use Obama's middle name when you mention him?

I don't find it offensive.

Do you use Romney's middle name too? Why not?

Everybody uses Willard's middle name.

But let's ignore jbg's distraction and get back to discussing what a stupid argument Shady came up with in this thread.

Although GM is posting big profits, they're running their company into the ground because they haven't made a profit on one particular model yet.

And if the model in question was the Truckeroo SUV, nobody would have said much about it. But because the model in question is an electric car, and the idea of electric cars makes right-wing cranks wet their pants with rage, this is a Major Indictment of GM, the Auto Bailout, and Barack Obama.

Yep. That's about how much sense it makes.

-k

Well, apparently GM is not in that great a shape but it isn't anything that cannot, with good management, be overcome. Government owns quite a few shares and if it sold them now would take a loss of about 18 billion. A good question is that as long as government owns shares equal to about 20% of the company can we say its management will be good? Government also owns about 74% of Ally as well, which is the financing arm of GM.

In my view, the health of GM will always be in question as long as government has their fingers in the pie. But why should GM be so special as a corporation for government to bail out? Aren't corporations evil and greedy? The left seems to love it dearly now that it has been rescued by Obama? Maybe they realized that big corporations provide lots of jobs? And some even union jobs.

Well, apparently GM is not in that great a shape but it isn't anything that cannot, with good management, be overcome. Government owns quite a few shares and if it sold them now would take a loss of about 18 billion. A good question is that as long as government owns shares equal to about 20% of the company can we say its management will be good? Government also owns about 74% of Ally as well, which is the financing arm of GM.

In my view, the health of GM will always be in question as long as government has their fingers in the pie.

Oh, I did not know that GM was owned by the government during the past 30 or 40 years of decline prior to them effectively going bankrupt... and prior to the government taking its ownership stake to bailout the failed publicly owned company.

But, no, I'm sure all that is past and any current problems are all the governments fault.

have you ever shown any critical thinking capability... ever? Even if one accepted your parroting of the Reuters article, you've applied your bluster against one single car/model to the whole of GM. Last I read, GM was once again profitable... as the world's number one automaker again. Hey did you hear: Osama Bin Laden is dead, and General Motors is alive!!! :lol:

but really, critical thinker Shady... have you ever heard of start-up R&D/development costs; costs that gradually diminish over time as sales increase? The formal GM response:

Like the F-35 right? :lol: