Canada closes embassy in Iran, expels diplomats.

This seems like irresponsible policy to me. The idea that you are going to solve any of these problems by reducing the extent to which countries communicate with each other is really stupid.

Its a big victory for folks that want to watch a whole lot of people die on TV.

Its also a big victory for hardliners in Iran.

Edited by dre

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UN orders only mean something when certain players are involved. Otherwise, I view the UN as a defunct entity that needs to be abolished.

What about the US/Isreali cyberwarefare on Iran's nuke site? Stuxnet.

What about the multiple incidents at several of the military bases in Iran housing the elite guard?

What about Iranian scientists who were killed.

Canada also closed the embassy in Syria just as the violence there was ramping up. I expect other countries to follow suit and close their embassy in Iran. Actually looking back, after the UK embassy in Iran was attacked, many other countries did close their embassy in Iran.

Have we not learned a damn thing regarding Iraq? Do we really want to screw up another country?

The Iranian people don't want war, just as most Canadians don't want war. However our leaders are psychopaths and seem to want war.

I would bet the Iranian people want to live normal lives , they are the most educated bunch over there. Iraq should never had happened, but Iran is a different game, and the attollyas must go. I expected after the girl neda(sp) was killed that would have set it off. IMO The people need a little help to get thier country back, but not a invasion.

And you think our leaders give a damn about what we think here in Canada? That would make us irrelevant as well.

Hey GH, YOU were the one who said the Iranian people don't want war, as if what they want matters. Then YOU said as much that OUR leaders were crazy!

Now you attack our leaders again! News flash! Our leaders are not building atom bombs! Our leaders have not threatened to wipe another country off the face of the Earth!

I just can't see the logic in your argument at all.

Hey GH, YOU were the one who said the Iranian people don't want war, as if what they want matters. Then YOU said as much that OUR leaders were crazy!

Now you attack our leaders again! News flash! Our leaders are not building atom bombs! Our leaders have not threatened to wipe another country off the face of the Earth!

Neither have theirs. And the only proof we have any Iranian atom bomb is a bunch of guesses from the same retards that sent us on a 3 trillion dollar wild goose chase in Iraq.

Edited by dre

If the Iranian people don't want war, and Canadian people don't want war, and yet the leaders of Canada and Iran are BOTH gearin up for some war, then it does not matter what the people think in either country. We don't matter to them.

Our leaders (well not Canada anymore but at one time did have nukes) already have nukes, LOTS of them. Through our allies, we we have access in a way to a few thousand nukes.

If the Iranian people don't want war, and Canadian people don't want war, and yet the leaders of Canada and Iran are BOTH gearin up for some war, then it does not matter what the people think in either country. We don't matter to them.

Obvious Canadians DO want war. I mean... they gave a majority government to a guy that believed it was a huge mistake to not invade Iraq. What the *&*% did people expect?

Stupid things happen to stupid people, and Canada is jam packed full of them apparently.

I would bet the Iranian people want to live normal lives , they are the most educated bunch over there.

IMO The people need a little help to get thier country back, but not a invasion.

Oh boy, here we go again...the last time we tried this we created the trail of dots that connect us to where we are today.

I'd like to hope Einstein would be furious.

Edited by eyeball

I would bet the Iranian people want to live normal lives , they are the most educated bunch over there. Iraq should never had happened, but Iran is a different game, and the attollyas must go. I expected after the girl neda(sp) was killed that would have set it off. IMO The people need a little help to get thier country back, but not a invasion.

Does that mean the Monarchy of Saudi Arabia has to go? The Monarchy of Kuwait?

Iran is a democratic theocracy just as we are from a Democratic Monarchy.

Our Monarch eventually lost real power, but in Iran, its Theocracy does have power, however, the fact that the public has been electing the Far Right, means that conflict is on the horizon unless someone tones it down.

I agree with your last sentence, and the left in Iran was stronger around 8 to 10 years ago.

The Problems started when Bush put Iran in the target zone and once the "Axis of Evil" was created, Iran choose to ramp up vs Ramp down, seeing what happened to their enemy Iraq when it ramped down, it made the invasion easier.

Iran believes it will be invaded for its oil resources.

Iranians believe this as well.

Our leaders (well not Canada anymore but at one time did have nukes) already have nukes, LOTS of them. Through our allies, we we have access in a way to a few thousand nukes.

At least we get to change our leaders! Unlike Iran, which has a facade of elections for what are essentially faceless bureaucrats. The real power is with the mullahs and always has been.

Meanwhile, what do you think would happen if we tried to get access to ONE nuke, let alone a few thousand?

"Hey Obama! We want to nuke somebody! Give us a couple, why don't cha?"

Not a chance in Hell!

At least we get to change our leaders! Unlike Iran, which has a facade of elections for what are essentially faceless bureaucrats. The real power is with the mullahs and always has been.

Sure we change our leaders out for other leaders who will continue the status-quo.

Meanwhile, what do you think would happen if we tried to get access to ONE nuke, let alone a few thousand?

If Canada wanted to obtain nukes (like build our own) we would have much trouble at all, and very little backlash from Canada's allies.

Israel asks, and receives. Canada would have no problem getting them from the US.

Well if Israel is getting ready to attack Iran, I feel sorry for the foreigners in the jails here. They probably will killed one way or another. Also, what would the International Court say if Israel makes the first move to war?

What was said when they blew up Iraq and Syria's nuclear facilities? Same thing will happen here, unfortunately. A direct strike on Iran by anyone is an act of war. I think that in defense you can counter attack, but a first strike option is an act of war.

and that's none of our business it's for them to change...I despise our system of government with our welfare queen and fptp electoral system but it's for us to change or not and the concern of no else but canadians...

if it wasn't for american and british backed coup Iran would likely have a democratic government today, the theocracy was a backlash a direct result of the shah's dictatorship...

Not a chance in Hell!

we've signed on to the NPT so we to withdraw from that which we can if we wish...and we don't need help with nukes, of all non-nuclear armed countries canada is rated the most capable, I recall reading time estimates of 6 months for constructing a canadian nuclear weapon should we choose to do so...there wouldn't be any penalty for canada building it....

our leaders are crazy, all of this could've been avoided but we have idiots that buy into the zionist propaganda, unless the palestinian crisis is dealt with fairly and Israel not forced to obey international law we'll continue having problems indefinitely...

and as long as you and others keep buying into that zionist lie nothing will change...no one threatened to wipe israel off the map, the accurate translations of the "notorious quote" are available on the web for anyone to look up...

:rolleyes::blink: and it's that kind of brilliance that created the situation we find ourselves in today...

Except that isn't possible unless we want to break off relations with half the countries on the planet. You have to pick your causes and you will never get unanimous agreement on which causes those should be. This is as good as any and will have the least repercussions for us.

I wouldn't mind breaking off relations with a lot more dictatorships. I can see where that isn't practical with the bigger ones like China and Russia, but we don't need to have any sort of relationship with Iran, or for that matter, Syria, or Saudi Arabia.

I wouldn't mind breaking off relations with a lot more dictatorships. I can see where that isn't practical with the bigger ones like China and Russia, but we don't need to have any sort of relationship with Iran, or for that matter, Syria, or Saudi Arabia.

Iran yes, Syria not for awhile...but Saudi Arabia? Most definitely, over $3B in trade between us

The Iranian people don't want war, just as most Canadians don't want war. However our leaders are psychopaths and seem to want war.

It's so nice you can read the minds of an entire people, a people who have, as their leaders, religious fanatics that think anything they want is God's will.

I'm sure there are some people in Iran who don't want war. I'm equally sure there are some people in Iran who dream about a war so they can martyr themselves and sit at the right hand of God.

The important thing, from the perspective of a lot of countries, is whether we want to deal with the religious nut jobs of Iran when they've got nuclear weapons or not, and who they might pass those weapons to to blow up in a port city somewhere, say in Israel or the US or UK.

In the end, few here realize that Iran is a democracy and that the people are not as harsh as the right wing government that gets elected.

Iran is not a democracy.

As for Canadians in Iran, if they want to go there, they can take their chances. I don't care what happens to them.

I would bet the Iranian people want to live normal lives , they are the most educated bunch over there.

There are some educated people in urban Iran.

There are also a whole lot of people who think toilets are magical wells and cars are pulled by invislble oxen.

Iran yes, Syria not for awhile...but Saudi Arabia? Most definitely, over $3B in trade between us

So we support one brutal oppressive dictatorial government which are the Saudis, but we can't support this other brutal oppressive dictatorial government? Goes back to one of BC_2004's lines 'Economics trumps virtue'. You do understand that makes us look quite hypocritical in that sense right?

Also, why no complaints about Russia ad China's support of Syria?

We see complaints by the west that Iran sent troops into Syria, while the west is financially supporting the rebels which again seems to have elements of Al-queda in them as we saw in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. Are we supporting terrorists and committing terrorism by doing the same things that Iran is doing? Soon the west is going to attempt no fly zones over Syria. This way we can kill the people we are trying to save by slapping sanctions and no fly zones on them. That worked out pretty well right? How many Iraqi's died because of the sanctions?

Baird called Iran a state sponsor of terrorism. And yet when Canada is involved in terrorism against other countries, it is made to think we are doing good while they are doing bad, when we are both doing the exact same thing, using really the same methods.

Edited by GostHacked

Our Monarch eventually lost real power, but in Iran, its Theocracy does have power, however, the fact that the public has been electing the Far Right, means that conflict is on the horizon unless someone tones it down.

I love it how you people never EVER put any blame on the other guy. It's always all the West's fault, no matter how beligerent and nasty the other guy is.

The public has been electing the far right where? Not in the West. As for Iran, the public doesn't get to elect anyone the Mullah's don't approve of first. It's a sham democracy.

The Problems started when Bush put Iran in the target zone

No, the problems started when Iran started sponsoring terrorists to attack western interests. Or had you forgotten that?

Iran believes it will be invaded for its oil resources.

Iranians believe this as well.

I'm sure they'll be relieved then, when they're simply bombed back to the stone age.

It is, after all, an era most of them are more comfortable in anyway.