Politcal Party Quiz

I wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread but I thought it would be interesting to see where some of you fit.

It is a very basic test (12 questions) but it shows where moderates, independents etc. fit and where you fit compared to race, age, sex, religion and Obama and Romney.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2012/quiz/

Note: I had trouble doing it on my mobile. The last question wouldn't appear and I couldn't click the button to get my result.

PS. I ended up exactly where I thought I would be--a moderate Democrat. I was very slightly to the right on economic issues and past the liberal Democrat on social issues (I attribute this mostly to the fact that the gay marriage question was one of the few--or only--questions I answered with completely agree.)

I'd like to see people post their results.

Guest American Woman

I was surprised by my "overall" results. I consider myself a moderate liberal, more conservative in fiscal matters, but I came out "liberal Democrat," smack between the "liberal Democrat" and "very liberal" end of the bar. I was "average Democrat" on economic issues and "very liberal" on social issues.

I was surprised by my "overall" results. I consider myself a moderate liberal, more conservative in fiscal matters, but I came out "liberal Democrat," smack between the "liberal Democrat" and "very liberal" end of the bar. I was "average Democrat" on economic issues and "very liberal" on social issues.

With such a short quiz I bet one or two slight changes in answers could make a difference.

It seems all the tests I see are pretty short. Usually 20 or so questions at most. If anyone comes across a longer (and decent) one I would love it if they could post it. And I would love to see a really detailed one with specific policy questions.

Guest American Woman

With such a short quiz I bet one or two slight changes in answers could make a difference.

I bet it would make a difference, too - and in fact, one might get a different reading on a different day, though I doubt it would put someone in the other political spectrum.

It seems all the tests I see are pretty short. Usually 20 or so questions at most. If anyone comes across a longer (and decent) one I would love it if they could post it. And I would love to see a really detailed one with specific policy questions.

I get called for political polls all the time - and of course there are specific policy questions and questions about leaning towards this candidate "strongly, somewhat strongly, etc" and the question "who would you vote for if the election were today" - and I find that a lot of the questions aren't as easy to answer as one would think. I'm thinking such a detailed political party poll might be more difficult to answer, too - but the results would be very interesting, and perhaps a little more telling.

Edited by American Woman

Try this one, you can expand it beyond questions shown for additioal questions.

http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz

:rolleyes:

Good quiz. I came out sort of half way between moderate Republican and average Republican, closer to average Republican. Some of the questions were a little to vague, like the abortion question which I had to disagree with. A question aksing if you're ok with outlawing abortion in all or some cases is way too unspecific. I had to disagree with it. I'm not in favour of outlawing abortin in all cases. I am in some cases, but it depends on what those cases are. Those types of questions just aren't detailed enough.

Good quiz. I came out sort of half way between moderate Republican and average Republican, closer to average Republican. Some of the questions were a little to vague, like the abortion question which I had to disagree with. A question aksing if you're ok with outlawing abortion in all or some cases is way too unspecific. I had to disagree with it. I'm not in favour of outlawing abortin in all cases. I am in some cases, but it depends on what those cases are. Those types of questions just aren't detailed enough.

Yeah, I agree. It is a little vague. I just wanted to get some results from people. To see if my guess and their results were close.

Plus, the built in results from other focus groups was nice.

The more in depth test that was posted was great. You should give it a shot too, Shady.

The break down and comparison to candidates was nice.

Overall, I'm nearly exactly an "Average Democrat"

On economic issues I'm quite a bit to the right of a "Moderate Democrat" nearing the centre

And on Social issues I'm nearly off the "Very Liberal" end of the scale

I'm closer to my own age group on all the issues

I'm closer to the opposite sex on all the issues

On Social issues and Economic issues I'm closest to the Hispanic voter, but overall, to Black voters. Read for more on how this can happen.

On Religion, I'm closest to unaffiliated

And on Social issues and Overall, I'm closest to Certain Obama, but on Economic issues, only Lean Obama.