Breivik: victims betrayed Norway by embracing immigration

jacee

Sane.

He trained himself to kill, and did it.

He trained himself to ignore his sane voices.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/norway-killer-had-voices-in-his-head-saying-dont-do-it-dont-do-it-court-hears/article2408586/?service=mobile

The 33-year-old Norwegian left out no detail from his rampage, explaining how he shot panicked youths at point-blank range. Sixty-nine people, mostly teenagers, were killed on Utoya island.

“Some of them are completely paralyzed. They cannot run. They stand totally still. This is something they never show on TV,” Mr. Breivik said. “It was very strange.”

Mr. Breivik has admitted to setting off a bomb in Oslo, killing eight people, before opening fire to the governing Labor Party's annual youth camp on Utoya island. But he has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges, saying his victims had betrayed Norway by embracing immigration.

"My whole body tried to revolt when I took the weapon in my hand. There were 100 voices in my head saying ‘Don't do it, don't do it,“’ Mr. Breivik said.

But he did.

He said he pointed his gun at Mr. Berntsen's head and pulled the trigger. He shot Ms. Boesei as she tried run away. Then as they lay on the ground, he shot them both twice in the head.

Mr. Breivik said he was deliberately using “technical” language as a way to keep his composure.

“These are gruesome acts, barbaric acts,” he said. “If I had tried to use a more normal language I don't think I would have been able to talk about it at all.”

... (O boo hoo. <_< )

Earlier, Mr. Breivik said he took to the Internet to learn how to carry out a bombing-and-shooting rampage, studying attacks by al-Qaeda, Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.

He called the Islamist group “the most successful revolutionary movement in the world” and said it should serve as an inspiration to far-right militants, even though their goals are different.

“I have studied each one of their actions, what they have done wrong, what they have done right,” Mr. Breivik said of al- Qaeda. “We want to create a European version of al-Qaeda.”

He claims to belong to an alleged anti-Muslim“Knights Templar” network. Many groups claim part of that name, but prosecutors say they don't believe the group described by Mr. Breivik exists.

If declared sane, Mr. Breivik could face a maximum 21-year prison sentence or an alternate custody arrangement that would keep him locked up as long as he is considered a menace to society. If found insane, he would be committed to psychiatric care for as long as he's considered ill.

Do all those who vilify "immigrants", have such gruesome fantasies?

Is he a hero to some?

Edited by jacee

I don't care what he thought of the victims. Or frankly their parents since the victims had nothing to do with any embrace of immigration. And in any case one has no right to murder people, in cold blood, to make a point.

I don't care what he thought of the victims. Or frankly their parents since the victims had nothing to do with any embrace of immigration. And in any case one has no right to murder people, in cold blood, to make a point.

I find it interesting how he mocks the 22-year maximum sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the exact same thing if he ever sees freedom again.

I find it interesting how he mocks the 22-year maximum sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the exact same thing if he ever sees freedom again.

This option has promise:

...face a maximum 21-year prison sentence or an alternate custody arrangement that would keep him locked up as long as he is considered a menace to society. If found insane, he would be committed to psychiatric care for as long as he's considered ill.

Clearly he's too arrogant and convinced of his righteousness to 'play the system' for sympathy or mercy. Once he's inside, sane or insane, he'll never get out unless he shows remorse for his crimes.

Clearly he's too arrogant and convinced of his righteousness to 'play the system' for sympathy or mercy. Once he's inside, sane or insane, he'll never get out unless he shows remorse for his crimes.

I pray that you're right but this is the kind of crime that the death penalty, followed by a descent to hell, is made for.

I pray that you're right but this is the kind of crime that the death penalty, followed by a descent to hell, is made for.

This is the kind of crime rotting in prison for the rest of your life in obscurity is made for. He would prefer the death penalty. That's why you don't give it to him.

You can't rely on the mythical faerieland of hell to do your punishing for you.

This is the kind of crime rotting in prison for the rest of your life in obscurity is made for. He would prefer the death penalty. That's why you don't give it to him.

Ya the death penalty would be too good for him.

He planned to suicide on the island but didn't.

I don't think life in jail is what he envisioned for himself.

Guest Manny

killing children in cold blood may be too much for the white supremacist groups to take him in and protect him in prison. he may not survive prison.

No doubt about it, he would have to be kept in a special wing to protect him from other prisoners. It's common for child killers and rapists to be in danger in most prisons.

One problem is this abomination of a person wrote a manifesto of some kind and it was published. It got the attention of certain people who have like-minded hatred for other races. I remember we even had one guy here who tried to argue that Breivik was "right" in his ideas. Such Xenophobia should be defined as a mental illness, and such people identified as a potential danger to others. We have the security infrastructure to watch people who are threats, let's at least get it right and identify the right kind of people.

Hope they won't make a media circus of his trial. He needs to be dealt with, then quietly "disappeared".

killing children in cold blood may be too much for the white supremacist groups to take him in and protect him in prison. he may not survive prison.

I checked it out at stormfront (not linking to it here though) and the WS's are distancing themselves from Breivik because he's a supporter of Israel and Jews. At least that's their excuse. <_<

I checked it out at stormfront (not linking to it here though) and the WS's are distancing themselves from Breivik because he's a supporter of Israel and Jews. At least that's their excuse. <_<

I suspect doitwell (Lictor) will be along shortly to tell us that there is no such thing as white supremacy...

There is only right and wrong and Eurocentric advancement is historically (and probably by God Himself) ordained...

Anyone who is seen as assisting Jews is...well...no...no...NO!!!!

Not qualified to be an "Ethnosupremacist"!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

:) I have read some of their little debates, and it's interesting watching them get tied into ideological knots.

They have the same issue with Israel/Palestine: yes, the Jews are evil, & co. & co.....on the other hand, the Arabs are subhuman inferiors...so what's a poor WS supposed to think? :)

Guest American Woman

"Prison for the rest of one's life" is never a given. It's never a guarantee that a killer will never kill again. Death is the only guarantee, which is why I would support the death penalty if I were so inclined - regardless of what he wanted.

Conditions in a Norwegian prison are very far from hell, aside from the lack of freedom it is easy time by all accounts.

I hope he does not kill too many guards, staff or other inmates while he is there. They'd have to tack a extra few months to his sentence then.

The main reason he attackd these children in particular is that they were attending a camp sponsored by the ruling Labour Party. Quite likely that he murdered a few future Norwegian leaders, people who would have endosed the immigration policies he hated.

I hope he does not kill too many guards, staff or other inmates while he is there. They'd have to tack a extra few months to his sentence then.

He's an effete little radical, with pretensions to intellectualism, and all his physical strength laid in his weapons. In prison, he'd be more apt to be in danger than to be dangerous.

The main reason he attackd these children in particular is that they were attending a camp sponsored by the ruling Labour Party. Quite likely that he murdered a few future Norwegian leaders, people who would have endosed the immigration policies he hated.

That's possible. Another reason for his secretive fanboys to cheer a little more.

Breivik used to belong to the right-wing Progress-Party, the country's second largest party, which is known for its anti-immigration views but he quit the party because he thought it was far too moderate.