Happy Jesus Death Day

Boges

Shouldn't everyone be an environmentalist?

Being an environmentalist is a good thing in my view. However most of the 'authority' is only concerned with AGW and CO2, without ever looking at toxic pollution overall. The products we buy and use, the packaging, the waste... the insane amount of WASTE that our society creates. If it was not for plastic I probably would not have much waste at all.

{I can only imagine what their Christmas ad is going to look like. :ph34r: }

Hahahahaha.. I think this is the funniest thing I have EVA read.... My spleen actually hurts from laughing, or it could just be nausea from the imagined visual.

Well done Kimmy... Well done.

Guest American Woman

OMG NOT CHRISTMAS!!! The most commercially exploited 'Christian Holiday' on the planet!! Not getting the latest in blender technology makes baby Jesus cry.

And that little outburst has what, exactly, to do with the idea that most Christians would likely take Christmas off if offered "cultural holidays" - likely resulting in too low of a work force for businesses to stay open? :huh:

OMG NOT CHRISTMAS!!! The most commercially exploited 'Christian Holiday' on the planet!! Not getting the latest in blender technology makes baby Jesus cry.

Walmart would only hire Muslims since they would happily work through the spending season (ie Xmas). And all the self-professed Christians would be there Xmas day to get a good bargain!

This is the future of Xmas as I see it......

Edited by The_Squid

Walmart would only hire Muslims since they would happily work through the spending season (ie Xmas). And all the self-professed Christians would be there Xmas day to get a good bargain!

This is the future of Xmas as I see it......

Sounds pretty good.

Guest American Woman

Because that's what Good Friday is.

You're seriously offended by that? :rolleyes:

Good Friday is a day of mourning the death of Jesus, not a day of celebration of his death. The celebrating comes on Easter, the day he arose, hence the "happy" is inappropriate; people don't generally go around wishing others a "happy" Good Friday.

Good Friday is a day of mourning the death of Jesus, not a day of celebration of his death. The celebrating comes on Easter, the day he arose, hence the "happy" is inappropriate; people don't generally go around wishing others a "happy" Good Friday.

Kay.

It was just a joke. Lighten up.

Guest American Woman

Kay.

It was just a joke. Lighten up.

You came across to me as if you were sincerely puzzled as to why anyone would be offended by your wishing people a "Happy Jesus Death Day," so I explained why it would be considered inappropriate. Had I known you were simply being an ass, I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Edited by American Woman

Another example of the rampant christian bashing that takes place daily here, as posted by certain leftist liberals.

I agree. I pointed that out in the other thread regarding passover. Apparently, happy passover is fine. But happy easter has to be happy Jesus death day. On it's own, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But it just re-inforces the same type of thing that goes on and on in this forum. Christianity gets treated one way, and everything else another.

I agree. I pointed that out in the other thread regarding passover. Apparently, happy passover is fine. But happy easter has to be happy Jesus death day. On it's own, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But it just re-inforces the same type of thing that goes on and on in this forum. Christianity gets treated one way, and everything else another.

Would it make you feel better if I called passover "God Murdering Egyptian Children Day" :rolleyes:

Edited by Boges

If Jesus had died and stayed dead and Good Friday was a day to remember him like we remember veterans on Remembrance Day I would see all your points.

But the belief is that Jesus sacrificed himself and conquered death, so I don't see it as such a solomn day.

To pretend to be sad about what happened to Jesus when it was all in the cards from the time of Isiah would be kind of faking it wouldn't it?

Edited by Boges

• 4 years later...

I am not agree with you. Jesus was a real.

We don't actually know for sure. If there are any real aspects at all, it is highly unlikely that the myths were based on one person. However, it seems that theory that best fits the historical evidence is that the Jesus as a person story is a Euhemerism. That is mythological tales were turned into fictitious historical events over time. This was a popular practice for the many gods and prophets being created at the time.