the lucrative international organ transplant market

bud

*updated*

the article below is sensationalized and is misleading.

Israel has admitted to unlawfully taking organs from dead people, including Palestinians, in the 1990s without the prior permission of the families of the donors.

The revelation comes in a newly-released interview by the former head of the country's Forensic Institute, given in 2000, and has been confirmed by the Health Ministry of Israel.

The initial investigation was flatly denied by Israel and branded anti-Semitic.

“I have a computer list containing 133 Palestinians murdered by Israelis without trial,” says Swedish journalist Donald Bostrom, “And out of those there were 59 taken to Israel against international law and the autopsies performed on them against international law.”

While Donald Bostrom says further investigation is necessary, Raanan Gissin, a former adviser to Ariel Sharon in 2001-2006, says the reports have gone completely over the top.

link

the black market organ transplant industry is a highly lucrative industry. a kidney transplant can go for as much as $60,000 and a heart for over $120,000.

Edited by bud

I wonder how much the Palestinians got for harvesting 3 month old Hadas Fogel's head?

Well, thanks to bud, we are kept up on the evil Jewish bankers, lobbyist, organ harvesters, well poisoners, plague bringers and the like. He deserves...praise? No that's not the right word...

:lol:

from article (link in initial post "Published: 22 December, 2009, 10:09"

This entire agitprop anti-Semitic bull was discounted years ago when it originally came up.

Bravo to the poster for his exposing his agenda and resolve to do what ever he can to demean Jews.

Yeah I'm doubtful about this one too. I remember there was that big scandal when Israeli blood banks were freezing and then throwing out the blood of Ethiopian donors because they were African. I don't see a lot of Israelis taking Arab organs or even blood, maybe if they were selling the organs to other countries like Kosovo did during the war.

"We fight and die in the army, go on to study, but that is not enough. It's inconceivable that a person comes to donate blood and is tricked into thinking that he is saving another life," says Gadi Yevrakan, a member of the Ethiopian community from Rehovot.

"He sits, a needle enters his body, a considerable amount of blood is drawn from him, and yet the minute he turns his head they toss his blood to the garbage."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3322247,00.html

a huge industry. this isn't just a big industry in israel. it's thriving in china, south america and even in south africa:

South African hospital firm admits 'cash for kidney' transplants

South Africa's biggest private hospital group has admitted receiving R3.8m (£342,000) from an illegal organ trafficking syndicate in a scam that included the removal of kidneys from five children.

Netcare, which also runs hospitals in Britain, took part in an international scam that allegedly saw poor Brazilians and Romanians paid $6,000 (£3,840) for their kidneys to be transplanted to wealthy Israelis.

link

this story involves israelis as well.

South Africa's biggest private hospital group has admitted receiving R3.8m (£342,000) from an illegal organ trafficking syndicate in a scam that included the removal of kidneys from five children.

Netcare, which also runs hospitals in Britain, took part in an international scam that allegedly saw poor Brazilians and Romanians paid $6,000 (£3,840) for their kidneys to be transplanted to wealthy Israelis.

Edited by bud

then of course, there was this:

A two-year corruption and international money-laundering investigation stretching from the Jersey Shore to Brooklyn to Israel and Switzerland culminated in charges against 44 people on Thursday, including three New Jersey Mayors, two state assemblymen and five rabbis, the authorities said

link

one of the rabbis, an israeli, will be sentenced today.

Since this is about Israel, do you think that Baird is going to bring peace to the two nations? Baird told Israel that Canada would alwys be there for them and in front of them. Is he saying that our military would take the bullet for Israel, if attacked, or Baird would, yeah right! BTW, anyone know what Flahery was doing there? How much money is going to Israel is any? http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/01/30/pol-cp-baird-mideast-israel.html

This has more to do with the Protocols of the Elders of Zion than Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

This particular websites treats it as fact:

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

Doesn't somebody going on and on about Jews controling the planet via banking, media, medicine, politics, etc, set off ANY warning bells in your head?

http://www.adl.org/main_Anti_Semitism_International/blood_libel_algeria.htm

The false and malicious report in a Swedish newspaper that Israeli soldiers abducted and killed Palestinians, including children, to harvest their organs has mushroomed into a global conspiracy theory. Within months, the story has generated several conspiracy theories about various Jewish plots to harvest organs from victims around the globe, including from kidnapped Algerian and Ukrainian children and from Haitians pulled from the rubble of the earthquake that devastated their nation.

The conspiracy theory related to the Israeli rescue teams in Haiti reached all the way to the British House of Lords, where Baroness Jenny Tonge called on Israel to launch an investigation into the conduct of its military in Haiti.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I listended(awful slow video link BTW) to the whole video of the original link Bud. What you have are some accusations that are denied, and a Swedish journalist that says he has a list of bodies transported. I guess that's enough for you, but certainly not enough for the rule of law.

from article (link in initial post "Published: 22 December, 2009, 10:09"

This entire agitprop anti-Semitic bull was discounted years ago when it originally came up.

Bravo to the poster for his exposing his agenda and resolve to do what ever he can to demean Jews.

I'd like to agree peeves, but a denial and blaming it on "Western media" and the "film industry" is not evidence to "discount", so find something I can support.

I spoke to dozens of families and do not believe there is a conspiracy to fool journalists,” retorted Bostrom.

The fact is you killed those young men without taking them to court – we call it murder – then brought them away, made an autopsy against their mothers’ will, and you brought them back in the middle of the night. Whatever happened – you have been conducting a lot violations of international law to these men,”

You were misled like many other western journalists and you do not speak Arabic to go and check their words,”

Do you mean those men were never killed and there was no autopsy?” questioned Bostrom.

Kedar categorically rejected this, saying car accident or from something else. They opened his chest, stitched it again and you believe that Israeli did it. There is no way you can check it.”

I saw the guy and you did not, take a look at the pictures,” answered Bostrom. The Palewood [Palestinian Hollywood], the film industry of the Palestinians, sometimes use living persons to film “dead” people. Western media falls into this trap again and again,” his trap again and again,” responded Kedar.

It is well documented that Israeli army violate international laws daily in many different ways, that was just one example, ... If I were you, I would take those twenty dozen family allegations very seriously – just because they are serious. I do not think they are liars. They just have the right to know the truth.”

Edited by jacee

Jacee, what you have presented is just accusations of Bonstrom. He says people were killed. He has a list to prove it. That is not proof. There is no proof anywhere in you post, just empty accusations by somebody with a list.

If they were killed, he provides absolutely no data showing what the facts were surrounding each death. Were they criminals, were they armed combatents, were they innocents that looked like they owned a great pair of kidneys? Nothing.

fact remains that organ theft in israel has been documented and a person who was partly responsible for it and had admitted was removed from his job by the israeli government (only to be re-instated a few years later).

n December 2009, Nancy Scheper-Hughes, an anthropology professor at the University of California at Berkeley and founder of a newsletter called "Organs Watch", released the tape of an interview she had conducted in 2000 with Yehuda Hiss, then director of Israel's L. Greenberg Institute of Forensic Medicine (known colloquially as the "Abu Kabir" Forensic Institute). In the interview, which appeared on Israel's Channel 2 television, Hiss stated that he had harvested organs in the 1990s. "We started to harvest corneas ... Whatever was done was highly informal. No permission was asked from the family."[70] Hiss was fired from his position as director of the forensic institute in 2004 for "repeated body-part scandals”.[71] Hiss was later reinstated and still retains the director's position.[72] Israeli officials acknowledged that incidents like that had taken place

Scheper-Hughes said the organ harvesting took place with the "sanction and approval" of the military establishment and that the "body parts were used by hospitals for transplant purposes - cornea transplants. They were sent to public hospitals [for use on citizens].. and the skin went to a special skin bank, founded by the military, for their uses", such as for burns victims.

link

I'd like to agree peeves, but a denial and blaming it on "Western media" and the "film industry" is not evidence to "discount", so find something I can support.

I spoke to dozens of families and do not believe there is a conspiracy to fool journalists,” retorted Bostrom.

The fact is you killed those young men without taking them to court – we call it murder – then brought them away, made an autopsy against their mothers’ will, and you brought them back in the middle of the night. Whatever happened – you have been conducting a lot violations of international law to these men,”

You were misled like many other western journalists and you do not speak Arabic to go and check their words,”

Do you mean those men were never killed and there was no autopsy?” questioned Bostrom.

Kedar categorically rejected this, saying car accident or from something else. They opened his chest, stitched it again and you believe that Israeli did it. There is no way you can check it.”

I saw the guy and you did not, take a look at the pictures,” answered Bostrom. The Palewood [Palestinian Hollywood], the film industry of the Palestinians, sometimes use living persons to film “dead” people. Western media falls into this trap again and again,” his trap again and again,” responded Kedar.

It is well documented that Israeli army violate international laws daily in many different ways, that was just one example, ... If I were you, I would take those twenty dozen family allegations very seriously – just because they are serious. I do not think they are liars. They just have the right to know the truth.”

That I even responded to such anti-Semitic years old filth goes well beyond my usual act of ignoring hate speech and the like.

Such crap as this certainly deserves no refuting.

Edited by Peeves

Jacee, what you have presented is just accusations of Bonstrom. He says people were killed. He has a list to prove it. That is not proof. There is no proof anywhere in you post, just empty accusations by somebody with a list.

If they were killed, he provides absolutely no data showing what the facts were surrounding each death. Were they criminals, were they armed combatents, were they innocents that looked like they owned a great pair of kidneys? Nothing.

Yes you're right. The accusations are unsubstantiated.

My apologies.

http://rt.com/news/israeli-organ-palestinian-scandal/

Edited by jacee

i'm reading more into this particular story and organ harvesting in general and i have to admit, that the title of the article is sensationalized and i will have to change the title of the thread since it's misleading.

there is evidence that organs were harvested from not just palestinians, but israelis as well to be used both for transplanting and for medical tests/research. these palestinian and israeli organs were used without the consent of their family and of course, illegally.

but there isn't enough evidence to show that dead palestinians are frequently targeted for their organs and that the israeli government is behind it. from the information i've seen, it's quite possible that it is only individuals, who are out to make money, may be behind the reported cases.

Edited by bud