Google "Santorum"

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you guys know, but that Dan Savage guy is probably the most hateful person in media today. This is a guy that's joked about raping Republican women and wishing for the death of several Republican politicians. He gives Ernst Zundel a run for his money! :)

So it's not really suprising to me.

Edited by Shady

Not sure if you guys know, but that Dan Savage guy is probably the most hateful person in media today. This is a guy that's joked about raping Republican women and wishing for the death of several Republican politicians. He gives Ernst Zundel a run for his money! :)

rhetoric ratcheted up, hey? I actually heard the Savage 'death wish' comment on Bill Maher's show... for what it's worth, Savage issued a formal apology the next day. Never heard/read any suggestion about his, 'joking about raping Republican women'... it would be helpful to read a reference to that, hey?

I actually heard the Savage 'death wish' comment on Bill Maher's show... for what it's worth, Savage issued a formal apology the next day.

So what? He keeps saying the same type of stuff. He just apologizes so that he can say he's apologized.

Never heard/read any suggestion about his, 'joking about raping Republican women'... it would be helpful to read a reference to that, hey?

Yep, he's said a lot of things in that regard. Like I said, the most hateful person in media today. I'd reference it, but what does it matter. You'll just brush it aside anyways. Let's face it, you don't really care what he's said. :)

So what? He keeps saying the same type of stuff. He just apologizes so that he can say he's apologized.

Yep, he's said a lot of things in that regard. Like I said, the most hateful person in media today. I'd reference it, but what does it matter. You'll just brush it aside anyways. Let's face it, you don't really care what he's said. :)

no - I've acknowledged his formal apology for the single statement he made on the Bill Maher show. I spoke directly to the statement, the reference forum where it originated, and the subsequent apology. It's too bad you're not comfortable providing contextual citations to support your claims. Is Savage controversial and abrupt? Yes, certainly... clearly his creating the very successful anti-bullying campaign, "It Get's Better", has raised the concerns of a certain segment opposed to him. I guess that would be you, as well, hey?

He gives Ernst Zundel a run for his money! :)

Yes yes we know, such selective outrage. Horrible, terrible , I cant believe it!

Look, here comes Ann Coulter.....oh she never says anything about wanting people dead or ya know, stupid stuff like that. Why....shes just likeable....nowhatimean?

Yes yes we know, such selective outrage. Horrible, terrible , I cant believe it!

Look, here comes Ann Coulter.....oh she never says anything about wanting people dead or ya know, stupid stuff like that. Why....shes just likeable....nowhatimean?

"Coulter says it" doesn't excuse stupid statements made by "the left". They're both assholes and should be ignored.

Yes yes we know, such selective outrage.

I am by no means outraged. Quite the opposite. I couldn't care less what decides to say. But that doesn't discount what he's said, and that he's the most hateful person in the media. He just gets a pass because he's a liberal. While people like Ann Coulter get jumped on by the same media that says absolutely nothing when it comes to him. :)

I remember this story when it first hit, when Rick was a nobody not running for Prez. Now it's even more hilarious. I'm also reminded what an ass Santorum is when it comes to homosexuals.

So for the GOP we have left a crazy Christian homophobe, an angry old white guy, a hardcore libertarian, and Ted Danson. Go Danson!

And so the gay community, taking the high road, decides to fling pooh.

the gay community took the funny road.

what they did is quite funny since the person they're targeting has no shame in comparing them to subhumans.

"SANTORUM" as defined by Dan Savage and hysterically supported by his like-minded fellow gays is their breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

No wonder they know so much about it.

hysterical? Like-minded fellow gays? Is yours a personal anecdote; one sprinkled with your own familiarity? You know what they say about those who criticize the most/loudest...

hysterical? Like-minded fellow gays? Is yours a personal anecdote; one sprinkled with your own familiarity? You know what they say about those who criticize the most/loudest...

do tell. what do ted haggard and larry craig say?

Edited by bud

And so the gay community, taking the high road, decides to fling pooh.

If Santorum didn't want to get into a pooh-flinging contest, he shouldn't have flung the first nugget.

First, I think it should be pointed out that Dan Savage isn't "the gay community", he's just an outspoken gay guy with a column. I don't know much about him, but I do know that he has not been elected as a representative of "the gay community" or have any official capacity to represent gay people. Referring to the "santorum" thing as if it were something endorsed by "the gay community" is simply false. Dan Savage posted it, and it went viral on the internet. End of story (for everybody except Rick, of course.) It went viral because millions of people on the internet thought it was hilarious, not because some secret cabal of gay men thought they could ruin Rick Santorum.

Second, Dan Savage isn't running to be President. Rick is. That you're criticizing Dan Savage for lowering himself to the level of a US Senator who wants to be President says plenty about Santorum. I wouldn't vote for Dan Savage. Would you vote for Rick Santorum?

Third, I'm puzzled as to why you feel sorry for Rick at all. He picked this fight. This is the high horse he rode in on. He's quite proud of his bigotry, and he knows that a lot of people who support him feel the same way. So why would you feel bad for him, when he's clearly quite pleased to be known as an enemy of gay people? I would think he would wear his santorum as a badge of honor.

Finally... I have to point out: Stockwell Day never demanded that Rick Mercer stop calling him Doris... Sarah Palin never demanded that Tina Fey stop impersonating her on TV... George Bush Sr never blew up on Dana Carvey... I could go on, but I think you get the point. And yet... here's Rick Santorum, going to Google trying to make them remove Santorum from santorum. I would think that a guy who wants to be president could be the bigger man... but clearly Rick can't.

-k

If Santorum didn't want to get into a pooh-flinging contest, he shouldn't have flung the first nugget.

Third, I'm puzzled as to why you feel sorry for Rick at all. He picked this fight. This is the high horse he rode in on. He's quite proud of his bigotry, and he knows that a lot of people who support him feel the same way. So why would you feel bad for him, when he's clearly quite pleased to be known as an enemy of gay people? I would think he would wear his santorum as a badge of honor.

I generally am not on Santorum's side of the gay rights or any issue but in what way did he "pick a fight" with Savage?
It went viral because millions of people on the internet thought it was hilarious, not because some secret cabal of gay men thought they could ruin Rick Santorum.
Exactly. Being happily married (to a woman) and having two children I am not part of some "secret cabal of gay men" trying to ruin Rick Santorum. I thought it was hilarious, and not because Rick Santorum's name was involved. It would have been equally hilarious if it was a coincidence. Does the fact that Islamists are savages make calling them out as "savages" a play on his name?

Second, Dan Savage isn't running to be President. Rick is. That you're criticizing Dan Savage for lowering himself to the level of a US Senator who wants to be President says plenty about Santorum. I wouldn't vote for Dan Savage. Would you vote for Rick Santorum?

I can't fathom voting for either.
And yet... here's Rick Santorum, going to Google trying to make them remove Santorum from santorum. I would think that a guy who wants to be president could be the bigger man... but clearly Rick can't.
I can understand why a serious candidate for office wouldn't want, at least, a serious result from a Google search. If someone googles for, say, weather in Toronto because they're catching a flight do most want to get a joke site?