Government to revoke the citizenship of 4,700 people

And you have a better suggestion like perhaps OHIP, who insure ANYONE, illegal or legal who sets foot in Canada. Hey--- no premiums there--- just for taxpaying citizens

Quote (From Guyser)

OHIP...insure anyone?

DOUBLE LOL !!

Try and get facts next time will you?

I assume that OHIP "insures anyone because the I in OHIP is the word "INSURANCE"

And--- immigrants, refugees and all claimants are insured with OHIP from day 1 entry into Ontario. No premium is charged to refugees and immigrants with low income.

Taxpayers are charged OHIP Premiums based on their income.

And it's 6700. To start. Boot them. ASAP, then start in on the tens of thousands of other so-called Canadians who need to be evicted.

Letters are currently being sent to the 6,500 people from 100 countries indicating that Canada is revoking their citizenship or permanent resident status due to fraud.

Make it 100,000, still dont care.

Do it right or dont do it at all

I'm pretty sure I heard on the radio the other day that the government expects to process 40 cases a month.

Oh well who cares how many years and billions it'll take, crackin' down and gettin' tough is always worth it no matter how much it costs. Git 'er done!

Edited by eyeball

Guest American Woman

Oh well who cares how many years and billions it'll take, crackin' down and gettin' tough is always worth it no matter how much it costs. Git 'er done!

Are you saying that cost should determine whether or not cases of fraud should be investigated? If it's too expensive, letting the fraud continue is a better alternative?

For the record, thousands of fraudulent citizenships costs the taxpayers too. Personally, I'd rather have my money go towards investigating fraud than supporting those committing fraud.

I'm pretty sure I heard on the radio the other day that the government expects to process 40 cases a month.

There's some screwed up logic.

Far more cost efficient for government to prosecute crimes that involve the government being defrauded than those involving crimes against private citizens like robbery and murder. Those crimes cost the state very little in comparison but are very expensive to prosecute.

Don't you think that not prosecuting people for defrauding the government might actually encourage more people to do so?

I am opposed to fraud, and don't disagree with revoking citizenship obtained fraudulently.

However ... I have some discomfort wondering whether it might not be implemented fairly for Con vs other supporters.

I would be curious to know how many of these non-resident Canadians voted.

I am opposed to fraud, and don't disagree with revoking citizenship obtained fraudulently.

However ... I have some discomfort wondering whether it might not be implemented fairly for Con vs other supporters.

I would be curious to know how many of these non-resident Canadians voted.

How many voted or how they voted? Either way, you or anyone else is not allowed. We have secret ballots in this country.

Were they actual Canadians,

taxpayers,

or looking for something for nothing?

I don't care if the skin color was green, pink or blue--- if they are in the group whose Canadian citizenship is only a passport to handouts & health benefits and have not paid taxes, don't live here or haven't served in Canada's armed forces--- they don't deserve a damn cent for any reason.

Let me explain a little factoid that might help disperse the disquieting fog that is your ignorance.

There is a vast difference between a Canadian citizen and a Canadian resident. Please stop confusing the two, you are embarassoing yourself repeatedly. People can be either, or both.

Canadian citizens in general are not required to pay Canadian taxes as part of their citizenship. In general, Canadian residents are required to pay taxes.

Candian citizens have no right to health care, welfare or any of the handouts you are raving about this time. Only Canadian residents are eligible for these things, which are typically provided by each province, all with residency requirements. You do not have to be a citizen to get them, you do have to be resident and that generally means that yes you are paying taxes and have earned those benefits.

Candian citizens have no such rights, and there are about half a million Candian citizens living outside Canada, most of them working and living in other countries.

Serving in the armed forces is not a requirement of citzenship in this country nor is it mandated by any law. This applies to white and brown people alike.

Resding in Canad is not a requiremnt of being a citizen either, once you have your passport any of us can come and fgo from this counhtry as we please, without restiction.

That is called equality, somehting you do not seem to support. Why do you hate freedom?

Residency is the issue here. More to the point, how many falsified their records to meet residency requirements they didn't have in order to gain citizenship or permanent resident status. And subsequent to that, how many obtained benefits to which they were not entitled because they falsified those records.

Let me explain a little factoid that might help disperse the disquieting fog that is your ignorance.

There is a vast difference between a Canadian citizen and a Canadian resident. Please stop confusing the two, you are embarassoing yourself repeatedly. People can be either, or both.

Canadian citizens in general are not required to pay Canadian taxes as part of their citizenship. In general, Canadian residents are required to pay taxes.

Candian citizens have no right to health care, welfare or any of the handouts you are raving about this time. Only Canadian residents are eligible for these things, which are typically provided by each province, all with residency requirements. You do not have to be a citizen to get them, you do have to be resident and that generally means that yes you are paying taxes and have earned those benefits.

Candian citizens have no such rights, and there are about half a million Candian citizens living outside Canada, most of them working and living in other countries.

Serving in the armed forces is not a requirement of citzenship in this country nor is it mandated by any law. This applies to white and brown people alike.

Thanks for the clarity on this, ft.

Maybe we should pay more attention to WHO is pleading for a ride "home" next time a dust-up happens in Lebanon. Of the 15,000 "Canadians" who were in Lebanon last time ---- how many were actually legal Canadian citizens?

Maybe they were trying to spread professional hockey to Lebanon. There are sure enough fights there, even if they don't occur on rinks.

His "use for absenteeism" is within the law; within the legal requirements of being granted Canadian citizenship.

It makes complete sense. What makes no sense it desiring citizenship in a country one does not plan to live in. What's the purpose of obtaining citizenship under such circumstances?

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111215/canadian-citizens-syria-evacuation-111215/

Clear enuf?

How about NO and you spell it out.

I'll grab some kleenex to wipe the tears of laughter when reading the reply.

Ok-- dumbass, so you can't figure it out for yourself.

When the evacuation bill for these "Convenience Canadians" comes in are you willing to pay it just because, 10 years ago a Syrian came here to either legally or fraudulently, to obtain a Canadian passport? And having done so, left the country never to return until now, when Syria is facing revolt, he needs a safe haven to which his only claim is a questionable "citizenship" which he has neither earned by paying taxes or being a resident and helping to grow this country.

Now his ass is in danger & he is bleating for a bailout Like the Lebanese-- (can't call them Canadians because they haven't earned it) did to the tune of 100 million bux.

By the way, if you're getting Kleenex use it to cry when you have to pay the taxes for this (another) bailout.

Edited by Tilter

No tears, I am still laughing.

Ok-- dumbass, so you can't figure it out for yourself.

When the evacuation bill for these "Convenience Canadians" comes in are you willing to pay it just because, 10 years ago a Syrian came here to either legally or fraudulently, to obtain a Canadian passport?

Sure, I will pay, and so will you ! Dumbass?

By the way, your link suggests it was our govt doing the pleading to get them out, not the other way around.

The federal government is again urging Canadians to get out of Syria while they still can.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird says it is becoming increasingly difficult for Canadian diplomats and consular officials to do their jobs under restrictions imposed by President Bashar Assad.

"We are declaring a voluntary evacuation of all Canadians in Syria," Baird said. "We will provide specialized consular services to those who wish to leave.

and

...The Canadian government has laid out its plans to get its citizens out of troubled Syria.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird and Minister of State Diane Ablonczy detailed the voluntary evacuation plan in a news conference on Thursday morning, following an escalation of violence in that country as its government tries to quell an ongoing uprising.

"If Canadians stay in Syria we cannot guarantee services at our embassy… will remain available," he said. "We strongly encourage Canadians in Syria to apply for travel documents... The time to leave Syria is now.

All normal Canadian visa requirements, including admissibility rules and fees, remain in place, said a release from the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111215/canadian-citizens-syria-evacuation-111215/#ixzz1gdgLZX2c

You must be all knowing , all seeing and able to get inside the head of anyone to know that...

And having done so, left the country never to return until now, when Syria is facing revolt, he needs a safe haven to which his only claim is a questionable "citizenship" which he has neither earned by paying taxes or being a resident and helping to grow this country.Now his ass is in danger & he is bleating for a bailout Like the Lebanese-- (can't call them Canadians because they haven't earned it) did to the tune of 100 million bux.

Man what a crapload of fail on your part.

You have absolutely no idea ,not a single shred of knowledge about...

1)if any of them ever returned

2) what any of them were doing in Syria (Might be Suncor employees...what???

3)Questionable citizenship....you mean like jumbo shrimp or just a bit pregnant?

4) What taxes have they paid.

5) Nowhere in your link was mention of $100M bux, but then like the rest of your post, pulled from your own 'dumbass'

6)What are you the arbiter of what makes a Canadian?

So....yea dumbass was the wrong name for me, apropos obviosuly, but only for one of us.

By the way, if you're getting Kleenex use it to cry when you have to pay the taxes for this (another) bailout.

Tears of joy! Paid with pride !

What a country!.

Resding in Canad is not a requiremnt of being a citizen either, once you have your passport any of us can come and fgo from this counhtry as we please, without restiction.

That is called equality, somehting you do not seem to support. Why do you hate freedom?

While some of the facts you state are correct where you err is:

little factoid that might help disperse the disquieting fog that is your ignorance

I am quite aware of the difference between a resident & a citizen and am also quite aware of the difference in value of a citizen and a resident.

remember, just because some people's opinions differ from yours doesn't make them wrong--- it just makes their opinions different.

Resding in Canad is not a requiremnt of being a citizen either

but it does question the reason for being a Canadian citizen.

The Question will be clarified when the present government does make some different requirements for remaining a Canadian citizen for ex-patriots. That "ex-patriot" is a neat word--- it implies exactly what the people in question stand for--- they used to be patriotic to Canada (for those precious 5 minutes when they swore the oath to become citizens) and are again now patriotic to another entity-- the country they momentarily left to hoodwink Canada into an unearned sponsorship.

By the way

Candian citizens have no right to health care, welfare or any of the handouts you are raving
Bullshit.

If any ex-pat Canadian citizen steps off the plane in ANY Ontario destination and breaks their leg OHIP will step forward & fix his injury on the house and if he can't afford to live in his convalescent, the Welfare people will gladly legally pick up the tab for that. (ever wonder how much welfare was paid to the "Canadian/Lebanese" refugees?)

As a matter of fact, if any citizen of any country in the world does the same he can immediately for any or no reason at all, claim refugee status and the same applies as it does if he is actually an immigrant top Canada. He is covered from the first minute he enters Ontario.

Convenience Canadians is a poor label. It suggests that anyone who asks for citizenship gets it. While you may argue that the qualifications are too lax, I hardly think anyone that has citizenship is a "convenience Canadian". You don't just walk into an office, sign the paperwork and you're done.

Bullshit.

Please give us more of the above....

oh wait here it comes now...

If any ex-pat Canadian citizen steps off the plane in ANY Ontario destination and breaks their leg OHIP will step forward & fix his injury on the house and if he can't afford to live in his convalescent, the Welfare people will gladly legally pick up the tab for that. (ever wonder how much welfare was paid to the "Canadian/Lebanese" refugees?)

As a matter of fact, if any citizen of any country in the world does the same he can immediately for any or no reason at all, claim refugee status and the same applies as it does if he is actually an immigrant top Canada. He is covered from the first minute he enters Ontario.

Really?

You really want to think this ?

Wow! A whole lot of silly in this post.

You could provide, you know , links and stuff to back you up. But......that would be hard, in fact impossible to do so I wont ask.

Sleep tight deary. Dont look under the bed. Bad things there.....

Edited by guyser

Please give us more of the above....

oh wait here it comes now...

Really?

You really want to think this ?

Wow! A whole lot of silly in this post.

You could provide, you know , links and stuff to back you up. But......that would be hard, in fact impossible to do so I wont ask.

Sleep tight deary. Dont look under the bed. Bad things there.....

Wow, I'm glad I skipped over that post.

I guess my buddy that was living in Japan for a year was dreaming when he came back to Ontario and couldn't get OHIP for 3 months because there's a waiting period. Another friend of mine moved from the Maritimes back to Ontario and also had to use her coverage from NS for 3 months until it expired and the Ontario waiting period was over.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like Tilter is just making crap up to push a xenophobic agenda: the foreigners are leeching off us! Hate them! Hate them all!

Edited by cybercoma

Wow, I'm glad I skipped over that post.

I guess my buddy that was living in Japan for a year was dreaming when he came back to Ontario and couldn't get OHIP for 3 months because there's a waiting period. Another friend of mine moved from the Maritimes back to Ontario and also had to use her coverage from NS for 3 months until it expired and the Ontario waiting period was over.

Unsurprisingly, it looks like Tilter is just making crap up to push a xenophobic agenda: the foreigners are leeching off us! Hate them! Hate them all!

How long ago did these (ahem) buddies have these dirty things done to them?

The Ontario government announced within the last 6 months that these rules were in effect. Your bud from NS was covered--- only by the province in which he was last insured.

The guy from Japan would have had his whatever disease fixed under the new rules.

Check it out.

How long ago did these (ahem) buddies have these dirty things done to them?

The Ontario government announced within the last 6 months that these rules were in effect. Your bud from NS was covered--- only by the province in which he was last insured.

The guy from Japan would have had his whatever disease fixed under the new rules.

Check it out.

This was last year. Regardless, the Ministry of Health link in my post says there's still a three-month waiting period for coverage if you've been out of the province for any length of time (in most circumstances). Where's your evidence that this has changed?

Edited by cybercoma