Fox News Viewers Know Less Than Those Who Don't Watch Any News

cybercoma

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet - O'Reilly was clearly in over his head... Uygur nailed it with the underlying FoxNews premise of 'getting all radical and black together'. Not to outdone by the recent weeks manufactured nonsense railing against Michelle Obama as the, "stereotypical angry black woman'!

Do you have cite?………I watch FNC nightly and have yet to see anything suggesting that viewpoint.

My link

I didn't explicitly attach that to FNN; granted, it immediately followed a sentence that specifically referenced FNN. My implication was towards Right-Wing media, at large... the biggest offender this past week being the bellicose Limbaugh.

however, since you asked and I feel inclined: in relation to this past weeks Michelle Obama interview concerning her "stereotypical angry black woman" labeling, Fox Nation (the news website operated by FNN), covered that Michelle Obama interview/story, by titling it "Damage Control" within a large bold-type header. My googly also shows a history: a few months back, Fox Nation decided to re-run an opinion piece from another online news site, one titled, "The Very Angry First Lady".

continuing that history and speaking to FNN proper, in the last months of the 08 campaign, in 3 separate instances, on the O'Reilly Factor, on Hannity's America and on America's Newsroom, O'Reilly, Hannity and Williams, respectively, all had stories with a similar theme: "Michelle Obama Looks Like An Angry Woman"; "Michelle Obama Sounds So Bitter And Angry"; "Michelle Obama Sometimes Uses A Kind Of Militant Anger". In the upcoming campaign, I expect FNN won't disappoint it's loyal viewership... I expect we'll see another like painting of Michelle Obama from the usual FNN suspects.

Guest Derek L

I didn't explicitly attach that to FNN; granted, it immediately followed a sentence that specifically referenced FNN. My implication was towards Right-Wing media, at large... the biggest offender this past week being the bellicose Limbaugh.

however, since you asked and I feel inclined: in relation to this past weeks Michelle Obama interview concerning her "stereotypical angry black woman" labeling, Fox Nation (the news website operated by FNN), covered that Michelle Obama interview/story, by titling it "Damage Control" within a large bold-type header. My googly also shows a history: a few months back, Fox Nation decided to re-run an opinion piece from another online news site, one titled, "The Very Angry First Lady".

continuing that history and speaking to FNN proper, in the last months of the 08 campaign, in 3 separate instances, on the O'Reilly Factor, on Hannity's America and on America's Newsroom, O'Reilly, Hannity and Williams, respectively, all had stories with a similar theme: "Michelle Obama Looks Like An Angry Woman"; "Michelle Obama Sounds So Bitter And Angry"; "Michelle Obama Sometimes Uses A Kind Of Militant Anger". In the upcoming campaign, I expect FNN won't disappoint it's loyal viewership... I expect we'll see another like painting of Michelle Obama from the usual FNN suspects.

Fair enough, I don’t listen to Rush (Or watch Hannity religiously), but aside from the O’Reilly piece I linked to from several years back, I’ve yet to see O’Reilly himself attack Michelle Obama (some of his guests though), and though he typically is critical of President Obama, I have seen him defend some of his policies, praise him for contributing to Wounded Warrior fund and when interviewing the President (Clinton also), treat him fairly and respectful.

A personal question if you don’t mind……..Have you honestly ever really watched any substantial amount of Bill O’Reilly (Or read any of his books) or watched any FNC programming?

I don’t discount there are many partisan, right leaning, personalities (Which like those on SUN News, I find annoying), But when one sorts through the “chaff”, FNC does have quality personalities, interviewers and journalists (O’Reilly, Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, Brent Humme, Brett Baier, Lou Dobbs etc)

A personal question if you don’t mind……..Have you honestly ever really watched any substantial amount of Bill O’Reilly (Or read any of his books) or watched any FNC programming?

I don’t discount there are many partisan, right leaning, personalities (Which like those on SUN News, I find annoying), But when one sorts through the “chaff”, FNC does have quality personalities, interviewers and journalists (O’Reilly, Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, Brent Humme, Brett Baier, Lou Dobbs etc)

occasionally in the past I used to catch a bit of FNC... here and there - nothing concentrated. I would say Beck turned me off completely. I'm less inclined to return on any level as my provider doesn't present FNC in high-def. Today, most of what I see of FNC is linked-to video that presumes to target/attack it's coverage - obviously, a skewed view. I would say I can 'handle' small doses of O'Reilly... since you mentioned them by name: I am soured on Lou Dobbs from his CNN days; I do regularly catch or PVR Fox News Sunday on 'cable Fox', so I am somewhat versed in Wallace, Williams and Humme... also catching Wallace on some of the FNC debate coverage from the past - I liked Williams in the 'token liberal role' Wallace allowed :lol:, can't stand Wallace's moderation style or his questioning tact (just how could the son fall so far from the father's branch!)... frankly, I have no use for Humme; the only thing I know of Baier relates to his relatively recent 'dustup' with Romney.

your turn, also if you don't mind: do you ever catch any MSNBC? If so, any thoughts on Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, (the departed) Cenk Uygur, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chuck Todd...

Guest Derek L

occasionally in the past I used to catch a bit of FNC... here and there - nothing concentrated. I would say Beck turned me off completely. I'm less inclined to return on any level as my provider doesn't present FNC in high-def. Today, most of what I see of FNC is linked-to video that presumes to target/attack it's coverage - obviously, a skewed view. I would say I can 'handle' small doses of O'Reilly... since you mentioned them by name: I am soured on Lou Dobbs from his CNN days; I do regularly catch or PVR Fox News Sunday on 'cable Fox', so I am somewhat versed in Wallace, Williams and Humme... also catching Wallace on some of the FNC debate coverage from the past - I liked Williams in the 'token liberal role' Wallace allowed :lol:, can't stand Wallace's moderation style or his questioning tact (just how could the son fall so far from the father's branch!)... frankly, I have no use for Humme; the only thing I know of Baier relates to his relatively recent 'dustup' with Romney.

your turn, also if you don't mind: do you ever catch any MSNBC? If so, any thoughts on Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, (the departed) Cenk Uygur, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chuck Todd...

To be honest, about all I watch on MSNBC has been debate coverage, and reruns of Lock-up and To catch a Predator (Both excellent shows IMV)……..I did use to watch CNBC years ago when Dennis Millar had his short lived show………As for Glenn Beck, use to watch him when he was on CNN, but only watched a few of his episodes on FNC prior to forming the opinion that he’s Bat Shit Crazy (FYI Beck “left” FOX a few months back)…….On the flip side though, I balance my Fox viewer ship with 60 minutes, and CBC’s P & P, Lang & O’Leary and the National nightly (After O’Reily)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

To be fair, CNN posted a correction of some sort as well.

yup... I had 3 'news' windows up while concentrating on MSNBC - as seconds passed on by, I kept thinking, "MSNBC... you're getting scooped"... where's your response/analysis? Well, imagine, MSNBC's guy was actually reading the judgement before allowing his network to comment - go figure!

yup... I had 3 'news' windows up while concentrating on MSNBC - as seconds passed on by, I kept thinking, "MSNBC... you're getting scooped"... where's your response/analysis? Well, imagine, MSNBC's guy was actually reading the judgement before allowing his network to comment - go figure!

msnbc is much superior to all othr news garbage out there especially faux newz. no one knows more about politics out there then chris mathews and ed schulz. leave faux news for the ignorent haters and enviroment haters.

msnbc is much superior to all othr news garbage out there especially faux newz. no one knows more about politics out there then chris mathews and ed schulz. leave faux news for the ignorent haters and enviroment haters.

clearly - in other posts I've expressed MSNBC as my 'go-to' outlet... in this case, I had the others up to simply see how they were reporting the ruling. Seeing both Fox News & CNN do an about-face was gold... seeing how they did that about face was gravy!

clearly - in other posts I've expressed MSNBC as my 'go-to' outlet... in this case, I had the others up to simply see how they were reporting the ruling. Seeing both Fox News & CNN do an about-face was gold... seeing how they did that about face was gravy!

msnbc is my go to outlet to waldo. i like watching the truth and getting the facts somethin faux newz struggles with. cnn is to commercial for me. msnbc is down to earth and honest. i agree its fun watching them squirm out of their lies.

msnbc is my go to outlet to waldo. i like watching the truth and getting the facts somethin faux newz struggles with. cnn is to commercial for me. msnbc is down to earth and honest. i agree its fun watching them squirm out of their lies.

Maybe you should try watching Canadian news.

Maybe you should try watching Canadian news.

i do cybercoma. i watch a lot of cbc the only trustworthy news outlet in canada. any media that hires and promotes david suzuki and his causes is a freind of the green earth and has my support. i would hate to see canada without the CBC. without it we would be toast. i also like geogre strombo. he's hip and progressive and really cares about the younger generation. he speaks for people my age. i love the guy.

your skimming of Breitbart/Drudge is flawed... even those 'fine upstanding' joints know the difference between NBC and MSNBC.

Well, they'be both been caught manipulating video. But what's the difference? They use many of the same people on each network. You know, MSNBC.

All of these media outlets manipulate things. Videos, picture ... it goes on and on.... they ALL do it.

They do. However, some instances are more egregious than others. Like NBC News' brutal editing of the George Zimmerman tape, and MSNBCs brutal editing of Mitt Romney's speech.

Both of which they were shamed into apologizing for.

Edited by Shady

i do cybercoma. i watch a lot of cbc the only trustworthy news outlet in canada. any media that hires and promotes david suzuki and his causes is a freind of the green earth and has my support. i would hate to see canada without the CBC. without it we would be toast. i also like geogre strombo. he's hip and progressive and really cares about the younger generation. he speaks for people my age. i love the guy.

Ok. Who's parody account is this?

They do. However, some instances are more egregious than others.

Yes. FOX is more egregious, since it's viewers tend to be less informed than even those who watch no news whatsoever. For all of the manipulation that the other networks do, they don't grossly misinform their viewers to the extent of FOX News.

For all of the manipulation that the other networks do, they don't grossly misinform their viewers to the extent of FOX News.

No, they absolutely do misinform their viewers. Like I've said, NBC and MSNBC were caught both brutally editing the George Zimmerman 911 tape, and a Mitt Romney speech, completely changing the reality of both instances. That's as worse as it gets in terms of misinformation.