So what would you do if you saw your coach molesting a child?

Argus

Guest American Woman

I'm always amazed at how you have to state what is obviously implied as if it is some kind of profundity.

It's not.

I'm always amazed that your reaction to my posts is such vehement hostility.

Is it women that you hate? Americans? Or yourself?

I'm simply responding to the post with my input, same as you, same as everyone else in this thread. I'm pointing out that sometimes what we think we would do is different from what we actually would do when confronted with the situation ourselves - and that what we say we will do can be something else entirely. It's easy for people on a web board to claim they'd smash the coach's head in, but I have to wonder about the reality. If you don't like what I have to say, ignore it. I'd be pleased as punch if you did.

Now I suggest you see a doctor about removing that bug you have up your ass ..............

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even so, sixteen is not ten.

My point is that this kind of thing happens all over the place and there are lots of people who know, or should know, and who have not, and will continue to not do the right thing at the right time.

It's shameful but that's humanity for you.

Oh, and I don't think being 16 makes rape any more or less right than being ten. :P (Ok, bad joke, bad joke).

I'm always amazed that your reaction to my posts is such vehement hostility.

Is it women that you hate? Americans? Or yourself?

I'm simply responding to the post with my input, same as you, same as everyone else in this thread. I'm pointing out that sometimes what we think we would do is different from what we actually would do when confronted with the situation ourselves - and that what we say we will do can be something else entirely. It's easy for people on a web board to claim they'd smash the coach's head in, but I have to wonder about the reality. If you don't like what I have to say, ignore it. I'd be pleased as punch if you did.

Now I suggest you see a doctor about removing that bug you have up your ass ..............

It's probably that you always have to play the victim card and come across as smug when what you're saying is so blatantly obvious (and yet you come across as if it's not).

You remind me of that judge on that TV show (I think it's called "The Good Wife") where the lawyers always have to end a sentence by saying "in my opinion."

Um, of course it's "in my opinion."

I'm posting on an opinion forum - WTF else would it be? Like Duh!!!

And that's the feeling I get whenever I read one of your posts.

Guest American Woman

....that's the feeling I get whenever I read one of your posts.

And I'm saying that's your problem. I respond, give my input, same as anyone else. If you have a problem with it, it stems from you. I might add that such a reaction is generally the problem of a small man with little self respect.

My advice holds. Don't read my posts; don't respond to them. I generally have nothing to say in response to you, yet there you are - reacting so strongly to my posts. Go figure.

Guest American Woman

My apologies for the thread hijack.

We really don't need to go through that kind of crap here.

So back on topic.

Good. My ignoring you certainly wasn't preventing such responses, so hopefully you're true to your word and this is the end of it.

Good. My ignoring you certainly wasn't preventing such responses, so hopefully you're true to your word and this is the end of it.

My apologies are not to you - they are to the other people who come here.

I'm sure in the future I will find your posts as grating as ever and will post appropriately (as I did in post #48 above - which was on topic).

Even so, sixteen is not ten.

This is a strange comment. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it appears that you're suggesting it's more acceptable to keep hush-hush about a 16-year-old than a 10-year-old being raped, sexually assaulted or otherwise molested. Neither is acceptable at all and I'm sure (hoping) that isn't what you meant.

My point is that this kind of thing happens all over the place and there are lots of people who know, or should know, and who have not, and will continue to not do the right thing at the right time.

It's shameful but that's humanity for you.

Oh, and I don't think being 16 makes rape any more or less right than being ten. :P (Ok, bad joke, bad joke).

Here you are making bad jokes about rape and you have the nerve to call me a creep?

Guest American Woman
My apologies are not to you - they are to the other people who come here.

I'm sure in the future I will find your posts as grating as ever and will post appropriately (as I did in post #48 above - which was on topic).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, a post all about me is "on topic."

Keep responding about me if you must - the problem, your obsession, is apparently beyond anyone's control.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, a post all about me is "on topic."

Keep responding about me if you must - the problem, your obsession, is apparently beyond anyone's control.....

It's a disease...and it is spreading to other members. They don't know how to handle "foreigners" with sharp tongues...or French! ;)

Guest American Woman

The players on the football field have nothing to do with this...

This is a problem that the administration of the team (including JoPa) and the university have dealt with poorly,to say the least...

It sounds as if there was support for JoePa from players and fans:

After Nebraska had taken a 10-0 lead, fans began chanting, “JoePa, JoePa, JoePa,” at the beginning of the second half and again at the start of the fourth quarter in an futile effort to inspire their team.

There will always be a hard core group of Paterno loyalists — including 80 former players on the sidelines — who will lionize their coach. Two unidentified men were seen kneeling in prayer in front of Paterno’s home at 7:15 a.m., a young boy sat on his father’s shoulders, waving a placard that read, “Joe Pa Got Screwed” and students showed up dressed like Paterno, complete with trademark coke bottle glasses.

What kind of father would involve his young son in this - having him hold such a placard?

....What kind of father would involve his young son in this - having him hold such a placard?

I can think of many fathers who would do so....Joe Pa may have made a mistake in not taking more vigorous actions, but he did not ignore the alleged crime or participate. He did get screwed as the highest profile member of Penn State's AD.

It's not so clear cut a case without all the facts for culpability by law enforcement in previous allegations.

Guest American Woman

I can think of many fathers who would do so....Joe Pa may have made a mistake in not taking more vigorous actions, but he did not ignore the alleged crime or participate. He did get screwed as the highest profile member of Penn State's AD.

From what I've read, he did ignore it by not reporting it. How do you figure he got screwed?

But even if he did, I object to using a child to get this message out. It's obviously the father's sentiment.

It's not so clear cut a case without all the facts for culpability by law enforcement in previous allegations.

He himself says that he should have done more.

Edited by American Woman

From what I've read, he did ignore it by not reporting it. How do you figure he got screwed?

No more than anybody else...he did report what he was told to his superiors. Joe Pa was not a witness to the allegations.

But even if he did, I object to using a child to get this message out. It's obviously the father's sentiment.

I don't...Joe Pa represents another side of investment in children that is far greater than any single perp that may have been on staff at Penn State. He has helped far more kids in his lifetime.

He himself says that he should have done more.

Sure, but he didn't. He made a mistake in judgement, not a crime as far as we know. Far worse perps have been allowed to make mistakes and not lose their jobs.

Guest American Woman

No more than anybody else...he did report what he was told to his superiors. Joe Pa was not a witness to the allegations.

Good point. I guess I was getting caught up in the heat of it all - best to stick to my earlier decision to 'wait and see.'