Hey let's talk about the Leafs

Boges

No guff.

From a diehard fan.....I turned it off when I saw them shrink back from forechecking and letting Boston dictate the game.

Then I switched over to the Jays game.

Now why the F did I do that?

Turned that off pretty damn quick too. Settled on Alaska State Troopers and the scenery.

When do the Argo's start again?

And now I have this gut feeling the Sens will take Montreal while TO goes out in 5.

Man, I even said that it was easier to watch the great NHL playoff games when no stake is involved , just keep flipping the channel and enjoy all the games.

Not now, I have to suffer thru them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guff.

From a diehard fan.....I turned it off when I saw them shrink back from forechecking and letting Boston dictate the game.

Then I switched over to the Jays game.

Now why the F did I do that?

Turned that off pretty damn quick too. Settled on Alaska State Troopers and the scenery.

When do the Argo's start again?

And now I have this gut feeling the Sens will take Montreal while TO goes out in 5.

Man, I even said that it was easier to watch the great NHL playoff games when no stake is involved , just keep flipping the channel and enjoy all the games.

Not now, I have to suffer thru them.

There were some good movies on TMN last night at least.

I actually went to a bar across the street for the first period and the atmosphere was great, especially after the first goal.

If I want to be optimistic, It was less Boston was great that Toronto was just really bad. That second goal was ridiculous. JRV made a great plant, but Rask's rebound went in the air towards the blue line. JVR plays the defenseman instead of the puck and another player takes the puck the other way and scores. "face palm"

Great comeback game Saturday.

Lots has been made of Caryle's line matching this season. I saw on TSN that Kessel was able to rack up a whole 4 minutes of ice time without Chara on the ice with him.

Should be lots better at the ACC with the Leafs getting the last change.

Great comeback game Saturday.

Lots has been made of Caryle's line matching this season. I saw on TSN that Kessel was able to rack up a whole 4 minutes of ice time without Chara on the ice with him.

Should be lots better at the ACC with the Leafs getting the last change.

Damn I hope so !

And hopefully avoid a total meltdown like the Sens/Habs series.

Sports should be about entertainment. And regardless of the result, that game last night was extraordinarily entertaining. The result was heart breaking but it was great to watch.

The Leafs did play very well. Hopefully they can continue that on Friday and at least get another home game.

It'll be a huge bummer if they end up losing Game 7 tonight.

No need to look for a better goalie in the offseason. Reimer has proven he's a quality starting NHL goalie.

I hope MLSE makes use of this Maple Leaf Square all the time now. They recognize their ticket prices are out of the reach of the average fan so you have this gathering place for "Real Fans".

If you have Leafs TV, during the game they have a live feed of the Maple Leaf Square. Looks like people are having more fun out there than in the ACC.

Guest Derek L

No need to look for a better goalie in the offseason. Reimer has proven he's a quality starting NHL goalie.

I hope MLSE makes use of this Maple Leaf Square all the time now. They recognize their ticket prices are out of the reach of the average fan so you have this gathering place for "Real Fans".

If you have Leafs TV, during the game they have a live feed of the Maple Leaf Square. Looks like people are having more fun out there than in the ACC.

Their play reminded me of the Leafs of the 90s.......fingers and toes crossed tonight.........If not this year though, they look like they might show some promise with some more experience.

Guest Kenneth

Not a Leafs fan but I naturally want all Canadian teams to advance. Glad to see that Anaheim went down last night, too.

I wonder if there will be an own goal tonight?

Huge, no but a bummer none the less.

They have made great strides, win or lose tonight the lesson will be valuable as in even when you give all you can come up short.

I predict a win for the Leafs tonight. Bruins are looking tired, nervous and scared at times.

Oh yes!

Imagine if Burke had pulled the trade off for Luongo and Remier went west only to stone San Jose? egad !!!!

They are probably trying to figure out how to soak...er make money from the ML Square patrons.

Win tonite.... 3-1 Toronto

Guest Derek L

What a horrible way to lose!

They way they had been playing a 4-1 lead seemed like a lock for them to hold on,

This is going to be a long off season.

Ahh......the ending sucked for sure........but it would have sucked if they lost 4-1........Still, the young kids on the Leafs show promise and in my view, will only get better....Till next year.....

Ahh......the ending sucked for sure........but it would have sucked if they lost 4-1........Still, the young kids on the Leafs show promise and in my view, will only get better....Till next year.....

Their future is bright for sure. But losing that way is horrible. Worst way to lose possible IMHO.

Their future is bright for sure. But losing that way is horrible. Worst way to lose possible IMHO.

Meh, there are some invaluable lessons in losing like that. It sure wasn't pretty though. I'm proud of them, and yes, they are going to get better and better over the next 3-4 years.

For those that know anything about baseball, this loss is a Bartman level collapse. Made worse that the Leafs were 10 minutes away from giving the Bruins a similarly embarrassing collapse by coming back to force a Game 7.

I'm hoping this doesn't follow this team. The main glaring need is a Top-line Centre. Bozak is a FA and he's not worth a pay-raise to remain a top-line centre.

I don't know who's available but, this team is close to being something special.

Whoever decided that part way into the 3rd period the Leafs should stop trying to score and go into a defensive shell, that person should be shot. It handed momentum on a platter to Boston. Never take your foot off the gas pedal when you're ahead. Never. The Leafs are a much better team than I realized, I was cheering for them after the Canucks nose dived.

Edited by sharkman

Whoever decided that part way into the 3rd period the Leafs should stop trying to score and go into a defensive shell, that person should be shot. It handed momentum on a platter to Boston. Never take your foot off the gas pedal when you're ahead. Never. The Leafs are a much better team than I realized, I was cheering for them after the Canucks nose dived.

I think as the coach said, they ran out of gas. But you are right, they needed to hammer the pedal to the floor and didnt.

Samll victories are for the losers but there has to be something to take away from this. Hope they all remember this the next time they are up with a lead. Never let a giant wake up, kill him in his sleep.

I guess this is why they play the game. Now Ottawa (the city) can relax, they wont face the Leafs next round.

Guest Kenneth

Meh, there are some invaluable lessons in losing like that. It sure wasn't pretty though. I'm proud of them, and yes, they are going to get better and better over the next 3-4 years.

Not sure how you can say this based on the fact that this was a shortened season. If you look at where they were after 48 games last season their record was quite similar, but then they began to slide. I would say that by virtue of the fact that it was a shortened season they made it to the play-offs - in the future it will be back to the usual futility.

I think part of this is that the Bruins are a much worse team than I thought... They are not the Bruins of two years ago, much like the Canucks are not the teams they were two years ago.

They are getting old and slow... Seguin, Peverley and Marchand were nowhere to be seen in this series. Boston got very lucky to win!

Edited by The_Squid

I think as the coach said, they ran out of gas. But you are right, they needed to hammer the pedal to the floor and didnt.

Samll victories are for the losers but there has to be something to take away from this. Hope they all remember this the next time they are up with a lead. Never let a giant wake up, kill him in his sleep.

I guess this is why they play the game. Now Ottawa (the city) can relax, they wont face the Leafs next round.

In the third period they started sending only 1 guy deep to forecheck when they normally send 2 and try to get possession in the offensive zone. The rest were trying to clog up the middle, I guess they call that the neutral zone trap. It's a defensive posture whatever they call it. For the coach to say they ran out of gas is an easy safe thing to say, but I think he made a tactical error and got out coached in that third period. But hindsight is perfect and they sure took a beating from the bigger Bruins, there were several penalties that could have been called, but the refs chose to "let the players decide the game". Whenever they do that, the team that takes more liberties gets the advantage in my opinion.