Mayor Ford calls 911 on CBC comedians

Shwa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I disagree.

I don't see any reason to justify why what happened in the video should be put beyond some invisible wall starting at the property line.

If anyone comes onto my property that I don't want to be there I ask them, nicely, to get off my property.

Ford could have done the same.

He could have said - look, I don't want to do this right now as I'm leaving to do blah blah blah. Please let me go on my way/please leave my property.

Why Ford preferred to call 911 and then lie about the circumstances is just odd.

Simply put, it was Ford's decision to make and you just don't like how he handled it.

Lying about it being dark out is not a very good way to handle it.

The man looks like a humourless liar and no PR agent would like their man to appear that way.

We know? When were you elected to speak on behalf of all posters?

Stuff it.

Simply put, it was Ford's decision to make and you just don't like how he handled it.

Correct, I don't like the way he pussy'd out and called the cops. If he calls the cops on something as retarded as this, what does that say for his term in office? Is this a precursor of things to come? Is he going to call the cops every time he gets ambushed by some media personality, or the media in general?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/10/24/ford-toront-mayor-this-hour-police248.html

It was dark, Ford told reporters Monday evening, and two people who didn't identify themselves came running out of a car parked outside his home in Etobicoke and stopped him from getting into his car.

Contradicted by this ..

"I didn't know who they were and obviously I've had death threats and there was a camera and a mic," he said. "I'm open to the media, but when you come to my private house early in the morning and ambush me, I think that crosses the line."

Usually people can tell what time of day it was when the incident occurred.

EDIT

NEVER MIND .. i screwed up. The interview with Ford happened in the evening... the incident seemed to have occur in the morning. When it was dark. So how early was this ambush?

Edited by GostHacked

I've already expressed my opinion. Going to peoples homes is a bad idea, regardless of the individual or the party.

But the thread is about him calling 911 in that situation. While I agree it is indeed a bad idea to go to anyone's home like that (and I'm not frightened to say that, even though I don't politically agree with Rob Ford), it's hilarious that Ford's gross misuse of emergency services in this instance makes you cower and try to change the subject away from that.

Not as funny as capricorn, though, who is still trying to figure out what the word "emergency" means. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

Showing up at someone's door is neither in bad taste or wrong.

There is an implied invitation to everyone's front door, walks and driveway to the public and that includes the press. Ford is a public figure and his private life is only private behind that front door. Once he comes out he is fair game by the media to be questioned and photographed / interviewed.

What is in bad taste is Ford lying about what was said, or that he was protecting the privacy of his daughter (who was no where present), or that he would misuse 911 emergency services because he was caught off guard.

Ford needs to grow up.

I don't think Mayor Ford was really afraid, I just think he wanted to stick it these people that think it's cool to go to people's house and make fun of them.

Then why did he dial 911?

As far as I know 911 is only used if someones life is in jeopardy or a very dangerous occurance or should only be used in such cases(emergency).

Man this is the freekin Mayor of the largest city of Canada!

Why is he using such poor judgement?

Is judgement even important when your a politician?

Does he feel he is more important than someone who's life may actually be in danger?

If he has a legitament concern/complaint he can still make it to the police!Is he not aware of this?

God help the citizens of Toronto!

I have a feeling his poor judgement will continue,and will be there come election time!

WWWTT

Ford is too stupid to realize he would have won this PR game if he had only said he was concerned about his daughter and the people on his property.

The lies and 911 call he gave turned the whole table around and made him out to be weasal of the highest order. I am not surprised he would lie to try and confuse the issue, he just isnt that bright.

One only need look at his past life, and the life of his family, to see that mom and dad bore idiots of the highest order.

He was never threatened, never felt threatened either, invoked the daughter card and darkness. Again, too stupid to realize it was light out and too stupid to realize those funny things over the shoulders of the men following Marg Delahunty were cameras.....they record things Rob, and the camera doesnt lie, unlike you.

And all that said, not a fan of home ambush for anyone, Ford nor anyone else.

If only Rob had a brain.

I am beginning to realize why Ford doesnt talk to the media , he would be outted for being an idiot.

Edited by guyser

Oh by the way I saw the scetch on "this hr has 22 min." last night and yep he used bad judgement!

I can't believe this guy got the most votes!

I don't know which is more funny,Ford or the people who voted for him!

WWWTT

Showing up at someone's door is neither in bad taste or wrong.

There is an implied invitation to everyone's front door, walks and driveway to the public and that includes the press. Ford is a public figure and his private life is only private behind that front door. Once he comes out he is fair game by the media to be questioned and photographed / interviewed.

What is in bad taste is Ford lying about what was said, or that he was protecting the privacy of his daughter (who was no where present), or that he would misuse 911 emergency services because he was caught off guard.

Ford needs to grow up.

I agree with the exception that I think it would be reasonable for Marg to "accost" a nobody like me.

That's the thing about a free country - people are allowed to wear unflattering costumes and to walk up to you with a video camera (or smartphone with the video camera on for that matter) and ask you questions.

And people have the right to tell them to please get off their property.

Yes, freedom and civilization are just brutal, aren't they?

It seems like a He said, It said. :D

Regardless of his reaction, it's not cool to go to people's house with TV camera's uninvited like that. They would never do this to a sympathetic politician to their cause.

What cause? She's been doing this for years but I don't think anyone has ever called the cops.

[media]