Rank the Republican contenders by order of craziness.

This claim of yours as The Truth is what makes you exactly the same at the religious people who believe their beliefs are The Truth "that sooner or later everyone must come to [realize/believe]."

This argument can be made in pretty much any debate. I even recently saw it in another thread where the poster was saying "just because you believe light is light does not make it so. Your opinion is no better than those who believe dark is light."

Edited by BubberMiley

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument can be made in pretty much any debate. I even recently saw it in another thread where the poster was saying "just because you believe light is light does not make it so. Your opinion is no better than those who believe dark is light."

Huh?

• 2 weeks later...

So I was just reading that Herman Cain is now proclaiming that God told him to run for President.

For those of you keeping score at home, that now makes 3. Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, and Herman.

I assume Herman's revelation that God wanted him to run is a response to the less-than-godly allegations that he's a serial ass-grabber.

-k

I stopped listening half way threw, the reason he will not get elected is because he is not racist?

This allegation has haunted Paul since day one....he cannot distance himself from the inflammatory language published in a newsletter associated with his name. Ron Paul would be toast in a general campaign.

Guest American Woman

This allegation has haunted Paul since day one....he cannot distance himself from the inflammatory language published in a newsletter associated with his name. Ron Paul would be toast in a general campaign.

Not sure how far he should be distanced from it. A good read: A Quick Investigation into Ron Paul's Racist Writings: Did he Actually Write Them?

I think this quote at the end of the article, from Dave Nalle, head of the Republican Liberty Caucus, also helps explain why Ron Paul will never get nominated or win a US presidential election.

[Ron Paul is] an inflexible ideologue who subscribes to a variety of extremist views which would make a terrible basis for national policy. His interpretation of the Constitution is highly selective. He seems not to recognize terms like "public welfare" and "common good" and rejects the long history of constitutional scholarship and jurisprudence on which most law is based. His understanding of the economy is based on fringe economic theories which most serious economists do not consider credible. As for foreign policy, it's an area in which Paul has no experience at all and his foreign policy would basically amount to isolationism which would have disastrous economic and political repercussions.

[Ron Paul supporters] completely overlook Paul's support for the reactionary conspiracy nuts at the John Birch Society and the reprehensible 9/11 Truth movement or the fact that he raises money on white supremacist websites and has the endorsement of racist leaders like former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, White Aryan leader Tom Metzger and Stormfront Fuhrer Don Black.

I think this quote at the end of the article, from Dave Nalle, head of the Republican Liberty Caucus, also helps explain why Ron Paul will never get nominated or win a US presidential election.

Yep...that pretty much nails it. Ron Paul is a forever crippled candidate who will never be president. Did he think that all of his rantings would not come back to haunt him? If so, he is more delusional than I thought. Silly man....

So define crazy. Just because some are religious and believe in something. That's not crazy.

Do we get to have a list of democrats, I'm sure there are some real beauties in there...

Democrats don't have to be crazy. They are simply spineless, gutless craven cowards.

They see the tragedy of 0bama, yet none of them has the courage to step up and challenge this communist mulatto in a primary.

Pity!

And that's why we have a process to weed out people who are legitimately crazy be they atheist or uber religious. I'm sure any rational religious person wouldn't let their religious views interfere with their decision making or they wouldn't have much of a political career.

The process is called the "PRIMARIES". It lets the voting population make up their minds about who they consider the most worthy for the office that is - arguably - the most powerful on Earth.

Seems to me that only the Republican Party is willing to let Americans decide. The Democrats are all content sheep, or happy campers, or gutless cowards who can't produce one single patriot who would be willing to challenge the tragic disaster that occupies - and I mean that in the way the Germans occupied Poland - the White House. Fear of being called a RACIST, which would be inevitably the charge if any Democrat dared to challenge 0bama, obviously trumps love of country, sense of decency and plain old common sense.

Some here are calling the Republican contenders crazy. The silent Democrat cowards are TRAITORS.

Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the craziness contest, Vice President Joe Biden! :lol:

Biden is The Chosen One's life insurance policy.

The Communist organizer picked Joe to be His Vice President - in spite of all the denigrating and racist and demeaning remarks Joe made about Him - is that He knew fully well that even the most rabid Lee Harvey Oswald or John Wilkes Booth wannabe would not be unpatriotic enough to condemn the United States to a Biden Presidency.

Talk about CRAZY!!!

:lol: Islam, Judaism, and Christianity (the non mormon kind) are all crazy at about the same level. Mormonism is a whole different kind of crazy, magic underwear and all.

And you say that with authority, because you are educated and earned degrees in theology, pertaining to all the faiths your posts imply that you consider yourself to be expert on.

Let us remember that this thread's key word is CRAZY. A word that start with a "C". Small 'c'.

What? I said their religion is crazy. It was created by a con man in recent history. It's based on a recent sham, rather than a very old and storied ones.

And what the Hell was Islam based on?

At least Joseph Smith did not go around killing thousands, perhaps millions of people to convert them. Joseph Smith's religion gave the world such artistic treasures as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, architectural treasures as the Mormon Cathedral in Salt Lake City, while Islam gave the world suicide bombers, stonings, limb amputations, honor killings and 9/11.

You and your pathetic ilk can call Joseph Smith a "con man" but he was never a murderous con man like the founder of the "religion" you seem to adore.

Yes, they can...when they don't let religion stand in the way. That's why people like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum scare so many people.

Even Mr. 9-9-9, who doesn't believe gay people are anything but a figment of their own imaginations....scare many of us.

Despite the good parts of the US Constitution, I don't think that we should generally be using 18th century ideas on God as our template going forward. Science can explain much more now.

There is truth to what you are saying. Times and customs change.

Owning slaves in the late part of the 18th century and until the middle of the 19th was no different - at least to the mindset of the people of those time periods - than owning a pet or a flat screen TV to the people of today.

Not sure how far he should be distanced from it. A good read: A Quick Investigation into Ron Paul's Racist Writings: Did he Actually Write Them?

[Ron Paul is] an inflexible ideologue who subscribes to a variety of extremist views which would make a terrible basis for national policy. His interpretation of the Constitution is highly selective. He seems not to recognize terms like "public welfare" and "common good" and rejects the long history of constitutional scholarship and jurisprudence on which most law is based. His understanding of the economy is based on fringe economic theories which most serious economists do not consider credible. As for foreign policy, it's an area in which Paul has no experience at all and his foreign policy would basically amount to isolationism which would have disastrous economic and political repercussions.

[Ron Paul supporters] completely overlook Paul's support for the reactionary conspiracy nuts at the John Birch Society and the reprehensible 9/11 Truth movement or the fact that he raises money on white supremacist websites and has the endorsement of racist leaders like former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, White Aryan leader Tom Metzger and Stormfront Fuhrer Don Black.

You guys are not making any sense to me, have you ever listened to anything he has been saying?

His understanding of the economy excellent, what other politicians where warning about a housing bubble prior to it bursting? None of the others saw the problem coming yet they are some how convincing people that they know how to solve the problem.

I'm not sure how people claim Paul is an isolationist, he wants to talk and trade with everyone. If anything the current policies are isolationist, look at what the world is doing to Iran. Just because someone doesn't believe using bombs is the solution to stopping terrorism, that doesn't make him an isolationist.

As for him being a racist, if you listened to his speech's on personally liberty, it is clear he is anything but a racist.

You guys are not making any sense to me, have you ever listened to anything he has been saying?

Doesn't matter...you can't run for president of the United States on a major party ticket and expect people to just ignore the documented past for very controversial issues.

His understanding of the economy excellent, what other politicians where warning about a housing bubble prior to it bursting? None of the others saw the problem coming yet they are some how convincing people that they know how to solve the problem.

Doesn't matter...they could have done little to nothing about it anyway. Paul was in Congress...what bills did he sponsor to "stop it"?

As for him being a racist, if you listened to his speech's on personally liberty, it is clear he is anything but a racist.

His record says otherwise, and he cannot escape it. Ron Paul will never be elected POTUS.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I'm not sure how people claim Paul is an isolationist, he wants to talk and trade with everyone. If anything the current policies are isolationist, look at what the world is doing to Iran. Just because someone doesn't believe using bombs is the solution to stopping terrorism, that doesn't make him an isolationist.

I think its basically true that Paul would have a hard time winning the general election. Campaigning in the US on ending foreign interventionalism and cutting military spending would be like a Canadian politician running on absolishing hockey and beer.

His message makes good economic sense, but bad political sense.

Doesn't matter...they could have done little to nothing about it anyway. Paul was in Congress...what bills did he sponsor to "stop it"?

Audit the Fed.

His record says otherwise, and he cannot escape it. Ron Paul will never be elected POTUS.

I don't understand your logic, he isn't a racist.

I think its basically true that Paul would have a hard time winning the general election. Campaigning in the US on ending foreign interventionalism and cutting military spending would be like a Canadian politician running on absolishing hockey and beer.

His message makes good economic sense, but bad political sense.

I disagree, people want change, Obama got elected on a message of change, Ron Paul is real change.

Audit the Fed.

Sponsor a successful bill...that what congressman do.

I don't understand your logic, he isn't a racist.

His record says otherwise. Changing his mind now won't fly.

I disagree, people want change, Obama got elected on a message of change, Ron Paul is real change.

Time and again, from Canada, you do not seem to understand the actual political dynamic(s) for electing POTUS. The guy/gal with the "best ideas" doesn't always win.