The conservative holy grail will soon be gone!

WWWTT

Ok let me explain.

In Canada(and most western democracies) you are innocent until proven guilty.Until you are convicted of a federal offence you do not have a criminal record hence you can not be called a criminal.

Actually it would be inflamatory to be called a criminal if you have not bein convicted of a criminal offence.

WWWTT

How did the registry prevent the last mass shooting in Canada?

Let me explain.

It didn't.

Now why don't you stop embarrassing yourself.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the registry prevent the last mass shooting in Canada?

Let me explain.

It didn't.

Now why don't you stop embarrassing yourself.

Provide the link then we will debate.

I debate with facts not your opinion!

Thank you!

WWWTT

WWWTT: Exposing the Erosion of Rights Since 2011.

What does this comment mean?

Does it have anything to do with the debate of the gun registry?

Does it add anything?

Is this sarcasim or a compliment?

What is your intent in making this comment?

WWWTT

Oh and its perfectly ok to call or suggest that other people here are "morons"

What are you talking about? I've done that a total of once, I think, in the last twelve months, and I only did that because someone seemed to be implying that I was a government bureaucrat. That's even less relevant to this discussion though.

Edited by Smallc

Really?

OK then I am going to give you a chance to prove me wrong.

Not to long ago there was a shooting spree in Norway.

Did the man who commited this offence have one or any "prior violent" criminal convictions.

Provide the link and then we will discuss this point further.

By the way I tried checking and came up with nothing.

Good luck

WWWTT

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Gangster+Jonathan+Bacon+killed+Hells+Angel+critical+Kelowna+mass+shooting/5254139/story.html

I'll wager it wasn't even a weapon legal to own in Canada.

I remember a decade ago when Bindi Johal was gunned down, and in the months leading up to that, gangsters were driving by his house (in a nice suburban Vancouver neighborhood) and opening fire on it. Bet they weren't using guns you can legally possess in this country either.

Besides, Norway has similar firearms legislation to Canada, and that didn't stop Breivik. So I'm not sure what exactly your point is. The world is filled with guns, and if someone wants to cause carnage, you can have the strictest firearm laws on the planet, and it won't mean a damned thing.

Edited by ToadBrother

The registry never made sense to me as a crime fighting tool either. But here's the thing, it's impetus was far more the result of an insane act as opposed to a criminal act. Everyone keeps losing sight of that. Gun control was the only thing that ever made sense when it came to preventing Marc Lepine style shooting rampages.

The Liberals attempt to be seen doing something in the wake of Lepine was rendered lame by the Conservatives deflecting the issue away from insanity and making crime the issue instead. Compounding this was/is the opposition fear of being seen as soft on crime. The registry spending boondoggle only helped fuel the outrage but I suspect it'll be peanuts compared to the boondoggle we're about to see the Conservatives cause now that the issue of gun control has morphed into an issue of crime control. We all know that some 90% of criminal gun use is being created and worsened by the war on drugs boondoggle. We're still no closer to preventing insane people from going on a shooting rampage than before Lepine and now we're actually going to create more criminals.

It's really sad how much political capital has been made and lost in the wake of Marc Lepine's rampage. When you break down the numbers of how few social conservatives it's taken to steer this country down the dark fear filled path it's on it's freakin' scary how far off the rails our electoral system can really take us. Until the intelligent so called fiscally responsible conservatives grow a backbone and crack down and get tough on the irresponsibly stupid social ones amongst their ranks things will increasingly continue to get even more FUBAR.

As dismally ironic a prospect as it sounds the only people who can turn this Titanic around at the moment are on the right wing.

Edited by eyeball

What are you talking about? I've done that a total of once, I think, in the last twelve months, and I only did that because someone seemed to be implying that I was a government bureaucrat. That's even less relevant to this discussion though.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Toadbrother made the comment.

WWWTT

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Gangster+Jonathan+Bacon+killed+Hells+Angel+critical+Kelowna+mass+shooting/5254139/story.html

I'll wager it wasn't even a weapon legal to own in Canada.

I remember a decade ago when Bindi Johal was gunned down, and in the months leading up to that, gangsters were driving by his house (in a nice suburban Vancouver neighborhood) and opening fire on it. Bet they weren't using guns you can legally possess in this country either.

Besides, Norway has similar firearms legislation to Canada, and that didn't stop Breivik. So I'm not sure what exactly your point is. The world is filled with guns, and if someone wants to cause carnage, you can have the strictest firearm laws on the planet, and it won't mean a damned thing.

Ok where did I say the gun registry will prevent shooting sprees?

The argument was about many if not most shooting sprees,where innocent people die are commited by people who do not have any prior violent criminal convictions!

Why does half of my freekin comment have to be about explaining stuff you don't even bother to read man!Why!!

WWWTT

What does this comment mean?

Does it have anything to do with the debate of the gun registry?

Does it add anything?

Is this sarcasim or a compliment?

What is your intent in making this comment?

WWWTT

You said criminals don't go on shooting sprees. We have fallen so far away from the notion that people are innocent until proven guilty that no one understood what you meant. It speaks to the way our rights are being eroded when people don't immediately understand that you were saying a person is not a criminal until after he/she is convicted. It's status quo that people don't recognize their rights or just don't care about them any more. The same for first amendment rights being trampled at the G20 and Occupy protests. No one seems to "get it" any more. I thought it was great that your comment shed light on this fact.

You said criminals don't go on shooting sprees. We have fallen so far away from the notion that people are innocent until proven guilty that no one understood what you meant. It speaks to the way our rights are being eroded when people don't immediately understand that you were saying a person is not a criminal until after he/she is convicted. It's status quo that people don't recognize their rights or just don't care about them any more. The same for first amendment rights being trampled at the G20 and Occupy protests. No one seems to "get it" any more. I thought it was great that your comment shed light on this fact.

Thank You

WWWTT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2011/09/12/quebec-dawson-anniversary-gun-laws.html

Owned the firearm legally. Gun Registry didn't stop this.

The Registry only proves to criminalize people who want to own firearms legally. If you want a gun bad enough, you can get it.

Sorta like how people probably think buying duty-free tobacco is wrong but think decriminalization of pot is correct.

Edited by Boges

Do you know what semantics means?

I looked it up and you may be incorrectly using this term.

No, you're saying that criminals don't go on rampages. You may technically be right with first time offences, but then, you know what people actually meant.

Know what else that didn't prevent this-more jails or tougher sentensing.

The guy that committed this crime did not have any prior violent criminal convictions!How would either the two of these things have prevented this crime since this guy never stood before a judge awaiting sentensing?

WWWTT

You can't really prove or disprove that the Registry works or doesn't work.

Someone can legally own a firearm and go crazy and kill a bunch of people.

Someone can illegally own a gun and otherwise be perfectly law abiding.

And also someone can illegally own a hand gun and murder someone. Which is the case with the vast majority of murders in downtown Toronto.

I just think this registry is a meaningless extra bureaucracy that wastes taxpayer money.

You can't really prove or disprove that the Registry works or doesn't work.

Someone can legally own a firearm and go crazy and kill a bunch of people.

Someone can illegally own a gun and otherwise be perfectly law abiding.

And also someone can illegally own a hand gun and murder someone. Which is the case with the vast majority of murders in downtown Toronto.

I just think this registry is a meaningless extra bureaucracy that wastes taxpayer money.

Excellent point!

I have never made any such claim either!

My claim is the perception of Canadians and the media will not be alligned to what the conservates may wish or feel God forbid if there is another shooting spree in Canada!

WWWTT

My claim is the perception of Canadians and the media will not be alligned to what the conservates may wish or feel God forbid if there is another shooting spree in Canada!

WWWTT

How exactly would a shooting spree in Canada have anything to do with the gun registry? And it sounds like you're almost routing for one to happen. It's pretty disturbing. :rolleyes:

Man its freekin hallarious to see how much the conservatives want to shoot themselves in the foot(or head)!

The gun registry has bein the crown jewel centre piece of the conservative rally cry since the days of Preston.And soon it will be gone (forever?).

This will be the sadest day in the conservatives short history!

The final nail in the conservatives coffin will be the next highschool/public shooting.

God forbid such a tragic event from ever occuring in Canada!

But if the conservatives think that the Canadian public won't be pointing any fingers than they are dead wrong(or dead ducks).

Any such tragic event ever occuring in Canada will put such a tremendous burden and responsibility on their shoulders I believe in my opinion will cause a tremendous backlash at the polls for years to come!

But the conservatives only have themeselves to blame,they took this partisan politics too far!

I don't think tougher sentenses and more jails are going to help Harper and company much now.

WWWTT

Deep down you are hoping innocent people, including children are killed in a school/public shooting just to spite the Conservatives. You are one sick, disgusting human being.

Ok where did I say the gun registry will prevent shooting sprees?

In your OP

The final nail in the conservatives coffin will be the next highschool/public shooting.

God forbid such a tragic event from ever occuring in Canada!

Followed by this jem.

Why does half of my freekin comment have to be about explaining stuff you don't even bother to read man!Why!!

WWWTT

Edited by GostHacked

How exactly would a shooting spree in Canada have anything to do with the gun registry? And it sounds like you're almost routing for one to happen. It's pretty disturbing. :rolleyes:

If you sinserly believe a shooting spree in Canada and the gun registry are completely unrelated to one another then you've got some serious issues man!

Aswell if you believe I want something tragic as a shooting spree to happen in Canada this is soley your opinion.I in no way have ever suggested such event would be something I wanted!

WWWTT