The conservative holy grail will soon be gone!

WWWTT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

I told you two or three times now that I do not want to prohibit ownership, I want you to acknowledge that before this goes any further.

What is your reason again for wanting to restrict firearms private ownership?

Good enough for yeah?

Guest Derek L

Nope.

Ok, I’ll play along………What is your motive for wanting to put further restrictions, or regulations if you prefer, on the private ownership of firearms?

Ok, I’ll play along………What is your motive for wanting to put further restrictions, or regulations if you prefer, on the private ownership of firearms?

The same thing that originally motivated the registry, protecting people from the insane use of firearms, as opposed to the criminal use.

Edited by eyeball

Guest Derek L

The same thing that originally motivated the registry, protecting people from the insane use of firearms, as opposed to the criminal use.

So why aren’t you opposed to the usage of tobacco products? ie protecting "the people"

Guest Derek L

Why am I not opposed to the prohibition of tobacco you mean? For the same reason I'm against the prohibition of firearms.

As is, tobacco usage kills many more people than firearms, and the restrictions placed on the purchase of tobacco are not even in the same league as purchasing a gun………Would you require people to store their tobacco products offsite of their residence? Have annual physical and mental checkups for their continued use? Register what type and how many cigarettes they have in their possession?

As is, tobacco usage kills many more people than firearms, and the restrictions placed on the purchase of tobacco are not even in the same league as purchasing a gun………Would you require people to store their tobacco products offsite of their residence?

They are stored under lock and key and not allowed in plain view.

Have annual physical and mental checkups for their continued use? Register what type and how many cigarettes they have in their possession?

No checkups granted, but limits are imposed on sellers.

Just an FYI.

Guest Derek L

They are stored under lock and key and not allowed in plain view.

No checkups granted, but limits are imposed on sellers.

Just an FYI.

I was referring to the private ownership of Tobacco………I’ve spent thousands of dollars to keep my personal firearms safe (and legally compliant), but I can legally keep my carton of Belmonts in the fridge freezer and not break any laws.