The conservative holy grail will soon be gone!

WWWTT

Man its freekin hallarious to see how much the conservatives want to shoot themselves in the foot(or head)!

The gun registry has bein the crown jewel centre piece of the conservative rally cry since the days of Preston.And soon it will be gone (forever?).

This will be the sadest day in the conservatives short history!

The final nail in the conservatives coffin will be the next highschool/public shooting.

God forbid such a tragic event from ever occuring in Canada!

But if the conservatives think that the Canadian public won't be pointing any fingers than they are dead wrong(or dead ducks).

Any such tragic event ever occuring in Canada will put such a tremendous burden and responsibility on their shoulders I believe in my opinion will cause a tremendous backlash at the polls for years to come!

But the conservatives only have themeselves to blame,they took this partisan politics too far!

I don't think tougher sentenses and more jails are going to help Harper and company much now.

WWWTT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please explain to me how the long gun registry (or any gun registry, really) could possibly prevent crime. It is actually my position that the government should eliminate all weapons registries.

Edited by Smallc

Someone please explain to me how the long gun registry (or any gun registry, really) could possibly prevent crime. It is actually my position that the government should eliminate all weapons registries.

It doesn't prevent crime. It does, however, have a chance of occassionally helping to solve a crime after the fact, if it happened to be committed with a registered firearm. Needless to say, my opinion is that this is nowhere close to worth the cost, both monetary and in terms of the hassle law abiding gun owners have to go through.

It doesn't prevent crime. It does, however, have a chance of occassionally helping to solve a crime after the fact, if it happened to be committed with a registered firearm.

Unless of course, the serial number was filed off. Brand new guns will stamp their serial numbers of the cartridge (of course, it's probably not hard to stop that)....old ones don't, and the the registry is next to useless.

Edited by Smallc

Wasn`t the main purpose of the registering to help law enforcement know before entering, if that home had guns?

Shouldn't the police always assume that? Doesn't the fact that someone in the home has a PAL or POL tell them that anyway?

Edited by Smallc

Your kidding me right??

Ok let me explain.

In Canada(and most western democracies) you are innocent until proven guilty.Until you are convicted of a federal offence you do not have a criminal record hence you can not be called a criminal.

Actually it would be inflamatory to be called a criminal if you have not bein convicted of a criminal offence.

WWWTT

Shouldn't the police always assume that? Doesn't the fact that someone in the home has a PAL or POL tell them that anyway?

This is what I thought. Also, aren't guns registered by the vendor? For some reason I thought gun shop owners had to keep a record of the firearms and their transactions.

Ok let me explain.

In Canada(and most western democracies) you are innocent until proven guilty.Until you are convicted of a federal offence you do not have a criminal record hence you can not be called a criminal.

Actually it would be inflamatory to be called a criminal if you have not bein convicted of a criminal offence.

WWWTT

WWWTT: Exposing the Erosion of Rights Since 2011.

both monetary and in terms of the hassle law abiding gun owners have to go through.

Money... ok, I can agree.

What hassle is there though? For a new firearm, it's a phone call, takes two minutes, in fact in the sales I have seen, it's done while another clerk rings the purchase through.

Private sale you say? Same deal, over the phone with both parties, two minutes later, done.

Guest Derek L

Wasn`t the main purpose of the registering to help law enforcement know before entering, if that home had guns? I still believe this should be up to the provinces and the police force of each province to have their own registery.

Do you really think that if the cops are going into a suspected grow-op, and the gun registry return back a negative hit, the cops don’t take caution?

Guest Derek L

This is what I thought. Also, aren't guns registered by the vendor? For some reason I thought gun shop owners had to keep a record of the firearms and their transactions.

It was like than even prior to the registry…….same with private sales

Guest Derek L

Money... ok, I can agree.

What hassle is there though? For a new firearm, it's a phone call, takes two minutes, in fact in the sales I have seen, it's done while another clerk rings the purchase through.

Private sale you say? Same deal, over the phone with both parties, two minutes later, done.

I bought a S&W 686 a few months back, I waited nearly two weeks for the registration………A non-restricted firearms, you’re still waiting a few days……..That’s not the case with either sale……You can’t purchase a gun off Joe blow, and legally take it home until you’ve received the transfer/registration papers……

It was like than even prior to the registry…….same with private sales

I admit, I have never really given a FF about the gun registry, but always wondered what purpose it would serve and - when the rationale behind it was, on surface appearances, to be absurd - who wanted it and why?

Edited by Shwa

Guest Derek L

I admit, I have never really given a FF about the gun registry, but always wondered what purpose it would serve and - when the rationale behind it was, on surface appearances, to be absurd - who wanted it and why?

That’s just it, it never did make sense………it was just a political tool to “make people feel safe in the cities” even though it truly is a joke…..Think back to 90s and all the Hells Angles killings in Quebec etc……Does anyone really think the HA register their firearms?

I’m opposed in both principle and in it’s practical purposes……….One I feel it was an incursion into the rights of the individual…..much like prohibition back in the states and the current drug laws here………Both namely in practical terms…………..The Government has zero idea how many firearms are within Canada……As has been mentioned, many people didn’t bother registering them………and I guess many registered one or two firearms well choosing to keep the rest outside the registry.

Huh?

Sometimes you say some reasonable things. Sometimes you say some dumb things. And then sometimes you say some of the most moronic things I've ever read.

Really?

OK then I am going to give you a chance to prove me wrong.

Not to long ago there was a shooting spree in Norway.

Did the man who commited this offence have one or any "prior violent" criminal convictions.

Provide the link and then we will discuss this point further.

By the way I tried checking and came up with nothing.

Good luck

WWWTT