Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empires

Boges

the blood splatter seems an obvious infection route...a saw an english movie where the healthy wore spatter shields...

if they're already infected why don't people get sick and die?..why does it take an additional dose of infection?...it doesn't make sense...

It lies dormant until you die or get infected by the active for of the virus through the bloodstream.

Lori dies in the comics shockingly too. Not like that though.

The T-Dog death was sadder. Man The Governor is really playing up being a cult leader in the zombie apocalypse.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Governor is looking more and more insane every moment.

This Governor is rather tame compared to the one in the comics. The previews show that Andrea and him get romantic in the next episode.

Is keeping your zombie daughter around any different than what Herschel did in the barn?

I am not familiar with the comics, but love this show. I am not a big fan of the "Governor" story line. I think it just takes away from the main group's story. They seem to have to edit out a lot what going on to have the show has fit the time allotted. Like what happened to Carol? I assume they buried her, as Daryl laid the flower to the 3rd grave!? Maybe I will grow to enjoy the town’s storyline.

I am not familiar with the comics, but love this show. I am not a big fan of the "Governor" story line. I think it just takes away from the main group's story. They seem to have to edit out a lot what going on to have the show has fit the time allotted. Like what happened to Carol? I assume they buried her, as Daryl laid the flower to the 3rd grave!? Maybe I will grow to enjoy the town’s storyline.

I'm not even certain Carol is dead. They would have shown her being eaten. They didn't bury anyone in those graves. Both T-Dog and Lori were eaten.

The Governor replaces Shane as the stories antagonist. Eventually he'll find out about the prison.

I'm not even certain Carol is dead. They would have shown her being eaten. They didn't bury anyone in those graves. Both T-Dog and Lori were eaten.

The Governor replaces Shane as the stories antagonist. Eventually he'll find out about the prison.

I saw three graves two filled in the other still open(lori's) so one was for t-dog the other carol, it had to be carol's because the director of the episode was interviewed on "talking dead" and he said carol was dead...it's just strange they never showed her body being found...and if lori was eaten where were her bones? not even zombies eat bones...

I saw three graves two filled in the other still open(lori's) so one was for t-dog the other carol, it had to be carol's because the director of the episode was interviewed on "talking dead" and he said carol was dead...it's just strange they never showed her body being found...and if lori was eaten where were her bones? not even zombies eat bones...

I don't agree. Christ Hardwick challenged him on it. In the preview they make mention of Carol. I may be wrong but from what I've read people are pretty sure she's still alive. You wouldn't kill a main character without showing the death.

According to that same episode of Talking Dead, the director said there were dragging marks on the floor, perhaps she's around the corner, or a half eaten corpse is too gruesome even for this show.

Edited by Boges

I don't agree. Christ Hardwick challenged him on it. In the preview they make mention of Carol. I may be wrong but from what I've read people are pretty sure she's still alive. You wouldn't kill a main character without showing the death.

that's I thought as well but when the director says she's dead it seems very definitive...unless they buried a body they thought was carol, I see in the preview for next week they find her knife which may hint at that...
According to that same episode of Walking Dead, the director said there were dragging marks on the floor, perhaps she's around the corner, or a half eaten corpse is too gruesome even for this show.
ya that's plausible...

I'm told there was a gang rape scene in the comic of micone by the governors men that has been left out...AMC isn't HBO(spartacus) somethings are just too graphic...

that's I thought as well but when the director says she's dead it seems very definitive...unless they buried a body they thought was carol, I see in the preview for next week they find her knife which may hint at that...

ya that's plausible...

I'm told there was a gang rape scene in the comic of micone by the governors men that has been left out...AMC isn't HBO(spartacus) somethings are just too graphic...

There's no Gang Rape, I recall but . . . SPOILER FROM THE COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the comic The Governor rapes Michonne over and over again, in hopes she'd eventually kill herself. He also makes her take part in one of those Zombie Fight Club fights where she kills the zombies. Eventually she gets free and cuts off his penis, arm and carves an eye it with a spoon. (He doesn't die though) In the comic he also cuts off Rick's hand. Andrea is never a part of the group in Woodbury, it's Rick, Glen and Michonne. Michonne saves Otis (he doesn't die until later ) and becomes part of the prison.

See how different they are? But the source material especially in the previous episode have a great impact on the show. It makes the show very appealing the people who have read the comic.

Edited by Boges

As for Boardwalk Empire: no more Billie Kent! Rosetti's plan, I guess predictably, failed, and he may have started a genuine war.

And why is Nucky so damned hard to murder? smile.png

nucky would seem to be an easy target not much in the way of body guards around at his home...his war with the italians seen to be dragging on needlessly,...... his wife's personal life is IMO killing the show, I use it like a commercial break to find something to eat or I fast forward through it, it's really pointless...

You can't really kill the main character. In Season 2 Jimmy Darmody hired one of Capone's men to kill Nucky. He hit him in the hand from point blank.

BTW RIP Owen, that's what you get when you screw the boss's wife.

Seems like bootlegging is the only thing Van Alden can do well. Cept for the fact that he was doing it in Al Capone's territory. (Facepalm!)

Oh and I was right about Carol being alive in Walking Dead. Great set-up episode for things to come. L-O-L Bittergram.

Edited by Boges

You can't really kill the main character. In Season 2 Jimmy Darmody hired one of Capone's men to kill Nucky. He hit him in the hand from point blank.

well HBO did in game of thrones, ...Nucky is different in that he is center of the show...still he seems very unprotected considering how many enemies he has...
BTW RIP Owen, that's what you get when you screw the boss's wife.
are you saying he was set up by Nucky?...I didn't detect who the insider is that set him up...
Seems like bootlegging is the only thing Van Alden can do well. Cept for the fact that he was doing it in Al Capone's territory. (Facepalm!)
wonder where this plot line (van alden) is headed...
Oh and I was right about Carol being alive in Walking Dead. Great set-up episode for things to come. L-O-L Bittergram.
good call, I was suspicious when the preview highlighted finding carols knife, what was the point? why didn't we see her being killed or body being found?...

then was lori really eaten? again no body, we've seen every other main character being eaten maybe she's now a zombie waiting in some dark corner...

well HBO did in game of thrones, ...Nucky is different in that he is center of the show...still he seems very unprotected considering how many enemies he has...

Well Game of Thrones is based on a book. There are also plenty of characters to revolve the show around so losing Ned wasn't the same as having Nucky killed

are you saying he was set up by Nucky?...I didn't detect who the insider is that set him up...

I'm not sure but it's possible, did you really think one guy could take a mob boss down that easily? That character Maceria is historic and in the 30's Luciano, Seigel and Lansky take him down.

In any event his demise is sort of karma.

wonder where this plot line (van alden) is headed...

I have no clue. At this point all he's doing is allowing Capone to get back at O'Bannion.

then was lori really eaten? again no body, we've seen every other main character being eaten maybe she's now a zombie waiting in some dark corner...

No she was definitely eaten, he wouldn't have spent all that time in that room if her half-eaten corpse was lying there. In a show about zombie, is thinking one zombie can eat an entire person really the most unbelievable thing though?

Edited by Boges

Well Game of Thrones is based on a book. There are also plenty of characters to revolve the show around so losing Ned wasn't the same as having Nucky killed

well the historical the real nucky "johnon" lived a long life dying at 85 so they can't kill him, it's the lack of apparent security that I find unbelievable...Buscemi is 15 yrs too old for the part the real Nucky was younger, 37 at the time...

it's evident there is a mole in nuckies organization, who?

No she was definitely eaten, he wouldn't have spent all that time in that room if her half-eaten corpse was lying there. In a show about zombie, is thinking one zombie can eat an entire person really the most unbelievable thing though?
there could've been other zombies in the feast and they left the scene....no bones is what puzzles me... Edited by wyly

well the historical the real nucky "johnon" lived a long life dying at 85 so they can't kill him, it's the lack of apparent security that I find unbelievable...Buscemi is 15 yrs too old for the part the real Nucky was younger, 37 at the time...

In casting the role of Nucky Thompson (based upon real-life Atlantic City political boss Enoch L. Johnson), (series creator Terence) Winter wanted to stray from the real life Johnson as much as possible. "If we were going to cast accurately what the real Nucky looked like, we'd have cast Jim Gandolfini."

looked up the pic of nucky johnson and Jim Gandolfini would've been perfect if boardwalk had been made before sopranos

the real nucky

http://www.nj.com/en...rdwalk_bos.html

Having Tony Soprano playing another Mobster just wouldn't work. BTW regarding Walking Dead. In a show where you show so much gratuitous violence, why can't they show us Maggie boobs? Stupid FCC!

Having Tony Soprano playing another Mobster just wouldn't work. BTW regarding Walking Dead. In a show where you show so much gratuitous violence, why can't they show us Maggie boobs? Stupid FCC!

because it isn't HBO, HBO loves boobies...it's really odd that there are people who find someone getting their head cut off or split in two as ok but bobbies OMG! that's just so disgustingly offensive...

Just watched the latest episode of BE. Simply fantastic! The Season Finale this week should be incredible.

It's so interesting how they can make Al Capone such a sympathetic protagonist. He comes in like the Riders of Rohan to help Nucky in his fight against Rosetti. Such a flip on the way history sees him.

Don't think everyone's favourite guy with half a face Harrow is going to make it out of this season. Looks like he's going for a Last stand against Gillian.

Edited by Boges

Just watched the latest episode of BE. Simply fantastic! The Season Finale this week should be incredible.

It's so interesting how they can make Al Capone such a sympathetic protagonist. He comes in like the Riders of Rohan to help Nucky in his fight against Rosetti. Such a flip on the way history sees him.

Don't think everyone's favourite guy with half a face Harrow is going to make it out of this season. Looks like he's going for a Last stand against Gillian.

capone-even gangsters have allies, they're self serving of course it's a matter of survival...

not sure what harrow is up to, after he had his confrontation with nucky i figured nucky woud hire harrow in the future, now that he's out of work harrow may be offering his services as a killing machine to nucky as both gillian and gyp are enemies they have in common ...I see harrow or van alden (isn't he at capone's mercy?) as the ones taking out gyp...