Hudak brings up "coalition" in desperate attempt

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ontario-election/ontario-pc-leader-hudak-raises-spectre-of-liberal-ndp-coalition/article2187837/

The only reason he isn't winning is because of his own horrible campaign.

He's been campaigning for official opposition this entire election.

Pull out some more bogeymen, seal your defeat Tim.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Nobody's won anything yet.

Like you, I am unimpressed by his campaign.

Pull out some more bogeymen, seal your defeat Tim.

All three main parties have dredged up bogeymen. Once they've exhausted their talking points about their platforms the next phase is to scare voters away from their opponents. Nothing new here.

“I am running to form a Liberal government — and only a Liberal government,” he wrote in an open letter to PC leader Tim Hudak. “There will be no coalition with either your party or the NDP.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/02/there-will-be-no-coalition-between-ontario-liberals-and-ndp-mcguinty/

As Hudak quipped in the debate: "With all due respect sir, nobody believes you any more".

Like you, I am unimpressed by his campaign.

All three main parties have dredged up bogeymen. Once they've exhausted their talking points about their platforms the next phase is to scare voters away from their opponents. Nothing new here.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/02/there-will-be-no-coalition-between-ontario-liberals-and-ndp-mcguinty/

As Hudak quipped in the debate: "With all due respect sir, nobody believes you any more".

Hudak should act like a leader...even though he really has no substance - You would think with all the money they have they could have hired a better coach... Now McGinty - his brain has finally dried up - he looks empty...so I guess we will have to settle with no one - maybe the memory of Jack Layton can sustain us for a few years - nothing sader than a population ruled by a ghost...sure wish I could sit down with Hudak and explain to him what being a man is about - McGinty is a little girl - and that NDP thing..well she might be a man - Better to have a womb man in charge that men with out spheres.

Hudak should act like a leader...even though he really has no substance - You would think with all the money they have they could have hired a better coach... Now McGinty - his brain has finally dried up - he looks empty...so I guess we will have to settle with no one - maybe the memory of Jack Layton can sustain us for a few years - nothing sader than a population ruled by a ghost...sure wish I could sit down with Hudak and explain to him what being a man is about - McGinty is a little girl - and that NDP thing..well she might be a man - Better to have a womb man in charge that men with out spheres.

That may be difficult since his wife wears the pants in the family. She was also Mike Harris's executive assistant and director of issues. (I wonder if she was doing Harris too?). In any case Hutton is calling the shots, and taking direction from Mike Harris.

What I mean is, Hudak should be owning this campaign and he's not.

If he opened up this campaign by differentiating himself from other conservatives and talking about all of his plans rather than talking more about what McGuinty has done, he'd have walked to an easy victory. By getting endorsed by and hanging out with likeminded Conservatives, he shot himself in the foot IMO. Pretty much guaranteed a minority of one party or another because of those people, like myself, who believe true blue "group think" and ideological lap dogs are both a sure thing and a bad thing when we have one way of thinking in Ontario politics.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

I watched a chunk of his "Town Hall". Hudak is not compelling. That's for sure.

Mike Harris the guy that brought this province back from extintion. The guy that created real jobs and put ONT back on the map.

With all the resourses that conservatives have - all the experts - the highly educated ....and so on....You would assume they could have come up with someone more dynamic than Hudak. It just goes to show you that money is not real power and power can not be bought. This is the greatest non-election election that Ontario has ever had - there are no candidates...we will probably get a minority NDP government that will be taken over by the back room conservatives who control the money supply and the banks.

The OP title.

Hudak brings up "coalition" in desperate attempt to scare electorate.

Oh lookie.

Liberal sources told the Star that even if the Tories win up to 10 more seats than the Grits, yet fall short of the majority threshold of 54, McGuinty would appeal to union leaders to “lean on” Horwath to back his party.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/provincialelection/article/1063024--hudak-worried-mcguinty-and-horwath-will-reach-deal-to-govern?bn=1

Mike Harris the guy that brought this province back from extintion. The guy that created real jobs and put ONT back on the map.

You mean the guy who cut technological education in public school down very little funding?

Technological education, that teaches innovation and hands on skills? REAL JOB SKILLS TRAINING?

... yep. Saviour indeed.

I would think a Coalition would be a real possibility.

Say Hudak wins a minority what would stop McLiar from forming a coalition with the NDP? It's happened before.

See my post above Boges. McGuinty says no coalition. I believe anonymous Liberal sources more than I believe Dalton.