Ont to be sued for 2.5B

PIK

I just heard on the radio that a offshore turbine company that had a deal with dalton ,which he cancelled, has now files a lawsuit for 2.5B. When will it end and when will the people of ONT wake the fuck up to this guy and end this madness.

I just heard on the radio that a offshore turbine company that had a deal with dalton ,which he cancelled, has now files a lawsuit for 2.5B. When will it end and when will the people of ONT wake the fuck up to this guy and end this madness.

did your, er... radio, advise whether the lawsuit had merit? Or have you (already) formed a predetermined outcome - if so, how so/why?

did your, er... radio, advise on whether the government has provided any initial comment/response?

did your, er... radio, advise whether the lawsuit had merit? Or have you (already) formed a predetermined outcome - if so, how so/why?

did your, er... radio, advise on whether the government has provided any initial comment/response?

You mean the "radio" with the tinfoil hat antenna?

The fact that we have a judicary that will allow such an action is bizarre. That some lawyers will ban together and ask a judge who is a non-elected personage to hand over public money to some private persons who claim they "could have made a lot of money" but did not -so the public owes them? This reminds me how the overly privledged Brian Mulroney got over 3 million bucks of public money because someone called him a crook - which he was - but some how the crook through privledge that you and I do not have is rewarded?

Just noticed that it was was over two billion and not million - this is more corrupt than imagined..The people litigating against in effect you and I for money they did not work for...who for all intent and purpose are sueing for some inconvenience...who seem to have the money and the lawyers to torment the tax payer...making all public people work just a little harder for nothing..while these bastards of undeserved privledge get to punder us? McGinty is supposed to be like a protective father - who job it is to protect you and I - If we were children - the child protection service people would have stepped in by now and put dear old dead bead dad Dalton in his place.

Dalton if he had any power should approach this private and shadowy government (the courts) and insist that the action be tossed out! BUT it seems that he will allow the parasites to feed on us - like the common henchman he is - he will do the bidding of the super rich and GIVE our money - to these already multi-millionares..........FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT THE SIMPLE ACT OF PICKING UP THE PHONE AND CALLING A DAMNED LAWYER!

They had to cancel this in February because they wanted to complete some studies on the health effects of wind power.

Why the hell didn't they complete those studies before jumping in with both feet? In the debates, McGuinty claimed the whole world is moving in the direction of clean energy. You'd think some of those countries would have already completed those studies or have studies underway; did McGuinty and his cronies not look into that international aspect?

Dalton should lose the election on this point alone . That when the contract was presented to Ontario (too Dalton McGinty) - that he or his representatives should NEVER have signed a document that contained such a default clause that stated - "If we do not get the contract or for some reason the contract is cancelled - that we recieve almost 3000 bundles of cash at one million a pile" That's a lot of money - that's a lot of work by the common Joe and Sue...This signing either exposes the total legal and finacial ineptness of the McGinty clan - or shows collusion....no way in hell or heaven - should people work who are already over taxed be sending their money as tribute to what are common high end gangsters - Dalton is a coward!

Why the hell didn't they complete those studies before jumping in with both feet? In the debates, McGuinty claimed the whole world is moving in the direction of clean energy. You'd think some of those countries would have already completed those studies or have studies underway; did McGuinty and his cronies not look into that international aspect?

There is not such thing as clean energy...or a perpetual motion machine...The whole world is not moving towards supposed clean energy - China the mover and shaker on the planet is moving towards more and more dirty coal fired power plants...Dalton does not have a clue of what is going on. Dalton reminds me of the hobbyists on the Supreme Court who like to dabble in international law ...which has more status - than dabble in domestic legalities...Like that weasil Al Gore - who is a total fraud in the fact that he is getting richer and richer by stating the obvious - that the rich do not clean up after their own eterprise.

You can green the whole western world and continue to trade with China - who plan to fire up another 200 coal plants - this is a closed global environ - we can be green - but the black cloud of industrial progress will drift over from China none the less.

As for handing over almost 3 billion dollars to some up start green hungry company ----I say give them nothing - because if we as the public hand over the money - we will all have to work harder and by doing so create MORE pollution...so it is not in good faith that they deal - they deal in ambition and greed and the green band wagon.

gee... apparently, those studies reflect upon the particular site locations and potential impacts to those immediate locales. Kind of difficult to transfer, absolutely, "whole world" related studies that generally might apply, but don't speak directly to the specifics of the targeted site locations - ya think!

interesting... in another concurrently running thread, you make direct reference to this lawsuit and target McGuinty over your concerns for "billions in cancellation fees and lawsuits". Does that also extend to you raising concerns over penalties associated with Hudak's expressed intentions, if elected, to cancel the Samsung contracts? Surely, your 'outrage' must be all inclusive and non-partisan, right? Of course, there is a real distinction here... the apparent lawsuit struck within this thread reflects upon a situation where no contracts exist... definitely not the case with Hudak cancelling existing contractual obligations (with related penalties) with Samsung - ya think!

China the mover and shaker on the planet is moving towards more and more dirty coal fired power plants...

no - China is retiring older inefficient coal plants in favour of newer coal plant efficiencies inclusive of sequestered coal-based electricity generation... equally, China has moved aggressively into targeted world-leading initiatives in sustainable energy.

That when the contract was presented to Ontario

PSA: Conservatives that haven't done their homework(as usual) and have decided to foam at the mouth at a "broken contract". There was NEVER a contract between the company and government in place. Thank you.

"In my 17 years in elected office I don't think I've ever seen such a frivolous lawsuit," said Energy Minister Brad Duguid. "This company has no contract with the province at all and it's suggesting that somehow or another the province doesn't have a responsibility to ensure we take every environmental protection." - link

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

PSA: Conservatives that haven't done their homework(as usual) and have decided to foam at the mouth at a "broken contract". There was NEVER a contract between the company and government in place. Thank you.

"In my 17 years in elected office I don't think I've ever seen such a frivolous lawsuit," said Energy Minister Brad Duguid. "This company has no contract with the province at all and it's suggesting that somehow or another the province doesn't have a responsibility to ensure we take every environmental protection." - link

Well duh. With the election looming, what would you expect Duguid to say in the government's defense?

If there is no written contract does that automatically negate Trillium's case? I'm no lawyer so I'll wait for the courts to decide the matter.

In the context of the elections the courts won't rule until after the election. The question is whether headlines stating McGuinty's government has been sued for 2+ billion dollars for halting offshore wind projects will have a negative impact on the Liberal campaign? Keep in mind that MOE pushed the urgency of getting their green energy projects off the ground. IMO this plus McGuinty's flip flops on the Oakville and Missisauga power plants, is bound to sway some undecided voters to other parties.

Well duh. With the election looming, what would you expect Duguid to say in the government's defense?

putting that aside, what might one expect capricorn to say in regards defending Hudak's expressed intentions to cancel the Samsung contracts... if elected?

interesting... in another concurrently running thread, you make direct reference to this lawsuit and target McGuinty over your concerns for "billions in cancellation fees and lawsuits". Does that also extend to you raising concerns over penalties associated with Hudak's expressed intentions, if elected, to cancel the Samsung contracts? Surely, your 'outrage' must be all inclusive and non-partisan, right? Of course, there is a real distinction here... the apparent lawsuit struck within this thread reflects upon a situation where no contracts exist... definitely not the case with Hudak cancelling existing contractual obligations (with related penalties) with Samsung - ya think!

If there is no written contract does that automatically negate Trillium's case? I'm no lawyer so I'll wait for the courts to decide the matter.

In the context of the elections the courts won't rule until after the election. The question is whether headlines stating McGuinty's government has been sued for 2+ billion dollars for halting offshore wind projects will have a negative impact on the Liberal campaign? Keep in mind that MOE pushed the urgency of getting their green energy projects off the ground. IMO this plus McGuinty's flip flops on the Oakville and Missisauga power plants, is bound to sway some undecided voters to other parties.

You're assuming Ontario voters are rational people. The polls would indicate otherwise.

You're assuming Ontario voters are rational people. The polls would indicate otherwise.

Most people are rationale. Most people are cowards also. As for the polls - people are herd animals - you tell them that the group or the majority want this or that - the rest come running in to agree - polls are clear evidence of human fear and the lack of ability to stand as true and tough individuals - I hate polls and do not trust them - who over sees the polls and makes sure that the companies are honest? There should be a regulatory body that checks if the polsters are honest in their findings or not - How do we know the truth about this system of evaluation of public thought?

Nearly 40% of people with high school or lower education. support PC's.

The least rational of all people.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

The way you present that poll finding is disingenuous. Actually, the chart on page 7 illustrates that 39.1% of TOTAL Conservative supporters have high school or lower, 34.2% have college or CEGEP and 24.9% university or higher.

Of course, you failed to mention that of the total who support Liberals, 23.1% have high school or less, and the NDP 25.2%.

Given that you brand PC supporters with high school or less as "least rational", would you not admit that the other parties also have a fairly high number of "least rational" supporters?

I have found that in general, people with high school or less education tend to be more practical. University graduates of the past couple of decades seem to be less so, MUCH less so! Also, older people grew up in a time when a university was truly for the advancement of knowledge and not just a certificate-mill towards getting a job.

Perhaps that would account for the differences in their politics.

I have found that in general, people with high school or less education tend to be more practical. University graduates of the past couple of decades seem to be less so, MUCH less so! Also, older people grew up in a time when a university was truly for the advancement of knowledge and not just a certificate-mill towards getting a job.

Perhaps that would account for the differences in their politics.

This

You telling me a degree in Art History or Communications makes one somehow a better contributor to society than a construction worker, welder or even an electrician?

They had to cancel this in February because they wanted to complete some studies on the health effects of wind power.

Haha, health effects of wind power? No one else caught this? The only health effect it could have is if you go try to climb a wind turbine and fall down and get injured.

I mean, you can have worthwhile studies on their environmental impact (birds, changing wind patterns, etc). But health impact? :lol: :lol: