Hypocrisy!

Yukon Jack

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Harper's large government and the number of members within his party who will get a very good pension then the turns around and talks about spending cuts, job losses etc, Everything they don't have to experience, that the average Canadian IS! How about cut back on themselves, that we, the tax payers pay!

It has to be Harper's large government and the number of members within his party who will get a very good pension then the turns around and talks about spending cuts, job losses etc, Everything they don't have to experience, that the average Canadian IS! How about cut back on themselves, that we, the tax payers pay!

I agree with you, not the partisan-rant part, but what you say applies to any government of all political parties. It's not a Conservative-Liberal thing.

How about not believing in "big government" but believing government should have the right to put people in prison without a trial, search their homes on suspicion of them growing plants, and execute their citizens?

Who's executing who? I believe in bottom-up government...not top-down government.

Edited by lukin

Guest American Woman

You don't agree that capital punishment is popular among conservatives? I heard them cheering it at a GOP debate this week. You really need to get out more.

First of all, a few people cheering isn't synonymous with 'popular,' much less "among conservatives" as a whole. Furthermore, that GOP debate was sponsored by the Tea Party, which isn't necessarily considered conservative, but a blend of conservative/libertarian.

The best news Monday night was that the audience was down to 3.6 million viewers from 5.4 million last week, so only a fraction of Republican voters saw a few Tea Party guests cheer for death.

Read more:

“As they pad their expense account and look out the windows of their $11,000 per hour Challenger jet flights, they think that everything is going pretty well. They just don’t get what real life is like for ordinary Canadians.”

— Stephen Harper in 2005, referring to the use of government jets by Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin and his government

Edited by CitizenX

I find it very hypocritical when "secularists" will go the great length to try and remove any mention of religion in the public realm but refuse to come out and condemn Jihadist Islam.

Similar people will call Israel an apartheid state but pretty much ignore the racism, sexism, homophobia and intolerance of minorities in much of the Arab world. That may not be hypocritical but it shows that the anti-Israeli crowd don't have consistent opinions.

I find it very hypocritical when "secularists" will go the great length to try and remove any mention of religion in the public realm but refuse to come out and condemn Jihadist Islam.

Do many of these people exist?

I mean, how does one prove that one goes to great length to remove any mention of religion while also refusing to condemn Jihadist Islam?

Is that even possible to prove?

Does someone actually say "I refuse to condemn Jihadist Islam and I believe in the complete separation of Church and State?"

Similar people will call Israel an apartheid state but pretty much ignore the racism, sexism, homophobia and intolerance of minorities in much of the Arab world. That may not be hypocritical but it shows that the anti-Israeli crowd don't have consistent opinions.

How about islamophobic Christians that don't really follow the word of Christ.

King James Bible

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

Guest American Woman

I don't think the worst hypocrites are those who say one thing and do another - the biggest hypocrites by far are those who pretend to be one thing while they willingly benefit from the very actions they are completely critical of. In other words, the biggest hypocrites are the 'holier-than-thou' hypocrites.

Whenever teachers go on strike, and this goes the same for health care workers, and they campaign publicly "on behalf of children" or on behalf of "patients", and cry crocodile tears about the fact that, of course, they only have the most noble of intentions. We see it right now with the teachers ads in the Ontario election trying to get Dalton McGuinty back into power, talking about children. What they really mean is "Please re-elect Dalton because he's been our bitch for years now and given us big fat raises while lowering our job requirements"

Fact is they could not possibly care less about the well being of children or patients. They care about themselves. And what they want is more money for THEM. Screw the system. Screw the patients. Screw the children. Give the teachers or health care workers money, and they'll be quite content.

How about islamophobic Christians that don't really follow the word of Christ.

King James Bible

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

How about people who don't believe in God looking up bible quotes they think helps their political point?

How about people who don't believe in God looking up bible quotes they think helps their political point?

What does me being agnostic have to do with me appreciating the philosophy of Jesus? And really this is your best rebuttal? I might as well have an argument with my 9 year old niece.

Guest American Woman

What does me being agnostic have to do with me appreciating the philosophy of Jesus? And really this is your best rebuttal? I might as well have an argument with my 9 year old niece.

Perhaps your nine year old niece would point out the hypocrisy of murderous terrorists who don't follow the word of Allah. Or do you think Allah condoned murder? Because I seem to have missed where you criticized their hypocrisy ..............

Edited by American Woman

I agree with you, not the partisan-rant part, but what you say applies to any government of all political parties. It's not a Conservative-Liberal thing.

Totally agree, one would think only Tory MPs got pensions and so on.. hmmm

As far as Challenger jets go, the Tories have nothing on the Liberals, and of course Gov. Jean who used Challengers 8 times for vacations - oh my