Harper wants 3 more months attacking Libya

Harper wants 3 more months in Libya to bomb the hell of of them and the question is will get it from the oppositions and if he doesn't would it matter to him? Probably not. Lets' find out how much we are spending on Harper's war before we say yes. There's also a question I have if any one can answer it, what came first, Gaddafi attacking the rebels or the rebels protesting Gaddafi? http://ca.news.yahoo.com/aid-wake-arab-spring-uprisings-best-delivered-banks-080014564.html

You really need to think more of your posts through, honestly. Harper has a majority. He doesn't need to consult parliament, and when he does, he'll get their blessing anyway. Second, Ghadaffi isn't someone that you should be defending.

Guest Derek L

Harper wants 3 more months in Libya to bomb the hell of of them and the question is will get it from the oppositions and if he doesn't would it matter to him? Probably not. Lets' find out how much we are spending on Harper's war before we say yes.

It doesn't really mater what the opposition says........with that said, both the NDP and Liberals supported it before the election. Does the NDP no longer support UN sanctioned missions? They wanted action taken in Darfur, but that would have been a lot nastier than Libya and possibly Afghanistan.

There's also a question I have if any one can answer it, what came first, Gaddafi attacking the rebels or the rebels protesting Gaddafi?

Gaddafi’s decades long disregard of human rights aside, He started cracking down on the protestors after the populist movement swept the Middle East.

It doesn't really mater what the opposition says........with that said, both the NDP and Liberals supported it before the election. Does the NDP no longer support UN sanctioned missions? They wanted action taken in Darfur, but that would have been a lot nastier than Libya and possibly Afghanistan.

Gaddafi’s decades long disregard of human rights aside, He started cracking down on the protestors after the populist movement swept the Middle East.

I would love for Canada to withdraw completely from the UN, but given that we are there, this is a UN mission. So suck it up.

Not aimed at you, Derek, I should have quoted the OP.

Edited by RNG

Guest Derek L

I would love for Canada to withdraw completely from the UN, but given that we are there, this is a UN mission. So suck it up.

Not aimed at you, Derek, I should have quoted the OP.

Kinda of ironic, that the UN is "attacking" Libya, not even a decade after they became the chair nation of the UN's human rights commission.....

Kinda of ironic, that the UN is "attacking" Libya, not even a decade after they became the chair nation of the UN's human rights commission.....

Them and China - go figure.

And you wonder why I want us out of there.

But did it really "work" for the Korean peninsula?

Oh, gosh no...Korea was a very bloody war. Plus, it went back and forth like a football game until the front solidified.

Have you seen Tae Guk Gi (The Brotherhood of War)?

Edited by DogOnPorch

Kind of... the point avoids the issue that we could have targeted and killed Gaddafi directly if we wanted to right in the first day or few days of the operation.

But that isn't the UN mandate.

You really need to think more of your posts through, honestly. Harper has a majority. He doesn't need to consult parliament, and when he does, he'll get their blessing anyway. Second, Ghadaffi isn't someone that you should be defending.

Ghadaffi is the type of conservative that Liberals typically defend.

Guest Derek L

Oh, gosh no...Korea was a very bloody war. Plus, it went back and forth like a football game until the front solidified.

Have you seen Tae Guk Gi (The Brotherhood of War)?

Yes, I know Korea was a bloody war, I had a grandfather and uncle that both served during the conflict, my point was that it was a stalemate for most of the war and the 38th parallel DMZ remains to this day one of the most dangerous places on the planet...........When studied in detail, MacArthur could likely have won the conflict if the nuclear threat against the PRC wasn't taken off the table......

When studied in detail, MacArthur could likely have won the conflict if the nuclear threat against the PRC wasn't taken off the table......

America could have reduced Red China and the Soviet Union to radioactive ash during that period...1951 to about 1954 without much fear of retaliation. Dug-out Doug knew this. It wasn't so much HAVING the Bomb...both Red China and the USSR did...it was getting it to the target. The Americans had an ace up their sleave with the B-47 Stratojet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-47_Stratojet

The Russians eventually built their own bombers which were never quite up to the job in the same way as their US counterparts. The Tu-95 does continue to soldier on in its various modern roles...not dropping H-Bombs, though.

Harper wants 3 more months in Libya to bomb the hell of of them and the question is will get it from the oppositions and if he doesn't would it matter to him?[
Topaz, I know that you hate Harper and would prefer a different Canadian PM. But does your preference extend to trading Harper for Ghaddafi? That is, would you leave Ghaddafi in place if it meant Canada would not suffer a Harper?

---

With that question aside, I wonder whether we should be involved in Middle Eastern politics. I pity Europeans or Americans or English Canadians who attempt to involve themselves in Quebec's National Question.

Perhaps, we are wasting our time.

Edited by August1991

Topaz, I know that you hate Harper and would prefer a different Canadian PM. But does your preference extend to trading Harper for Ghaddafi? That is, would you leave Ghaddafi in place if it meant Canada would not suffer a Harper?

---

With that question aside, I wonder whether we should be involved in Middle Eastern politics. I pity Europeans or Americans or English Canadians who attempt to involve themselves in Quebec's National Question.

Perhaps, we are wasting our time.

First of all I don't hate Harper, I don't think he's a good PM because he has his own personal agenda for Canada, secondly, the US had a good relationship with Libya and made peace with them, then it seems all of a sudden they are bombing the country.

First of all I don't hate Harper, I don't think he's a good PM because he has his own personal agenda for Canada

That was Iggy, it's why he came from the US.

the US had a good relationship with Libya and made peace with them, then it seems all of a sudden they are bombing the country.

USA bomb them before. They have good relationship with Germans and Japan after bombing the shit out of them. Tought love is needed sometimes :)

That was Iggy, it's why he came from the US.

USA bomb them before. They have good relationship with Germans and Japan after bombing the shit out of them. Tought love is needed sometimes :)

Yes I know they bomb him before when Reagan was Prez, and killed his little daughter in the process. Two- three years ago they made peace and like I said before, it seems if you are friends with the US, down the road you end up on the other side of the road.