The Bible

betsy

Except what you believe in, starts to manipulate and control your thoughts.

I'm wondering why Batman never took off as a religion. He faught evil minded fictional characters too, just like Jesus and the Devil.

:)

You don't have to convince me; I'm not a religious man.

I'm just saying I wouldn't the government enacting any laws against (or for) religion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

You don't have to convince me; I'm not a religious man.

I'm just saying I wouldn't the government enacting any laws against (or for) religion.

Speaking of religon and brainwashing is anyone following the Warren Jeff's trial in Texas?

FACT: ARCHEOLOGY DISCOVERED SODOM AND GOMORRAH

The ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah have been discovered southeast of the Dead Sea. The modern names are Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah. Both places were destroyed at the same time by an enormous conflagration. The destruction debris was about three feet thick.

There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur.

It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

It was only after Clapp formulated this theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were found. It turns out that the sites are located exactly on a fault line along the eastern side of a plain south of the Dead Sea, so Clapp's theory is entirely plausible.

There is some evidence for this scenario from the Bible itself. Abraham viewed the destruction from a vantage point west of the Dead Sea. The Bible records what Abraham saw: “He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace” (Genesis 19:28). Dense smoke suggests smoke from a petroleum-based fire. Smoke rising like smoke from a furnace indicates a forced draft, such as would be expected from subterranean deposits being forced out of the ground under pressure.

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/05/Sodom-and-Gomorrah-Is-There-Evidence-for-Their-Destruction.aspx

Let's do a recap of all the facts posted so far:

1 FACT: Nothing holds up Earth. It is affected by gravity.

2 FACT: The earth is round.

3 FACT: There is an incalculable number of stars.

4 FACT: Mountains and trenches in the deep blue sea.

5 FACT: Invisible atoms, the building blocks

6 FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building

7 FACT: “Many of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists!”

8 FACT: A finished creation.

9 FACT: The universe is deteriorating

10 FACT: The Universe Must Have Had a Beginning

11 FACT:: Existence of ocean currents

12 FACT: SCIENCE REMAINS BAFFLED!

13 FACT: EXPANDING UNIVERSE

14 FACT: Hydrological Cycle or Water Cycle

15 FACT: PROPHECIES HAVE COME TRUE!

16 FACT:

EXPANDING UNIVERSE: SCIENCE GIVES AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION BY THE WORD "STRETCH!

17 FACT: Expression - "CURVATURE OF SPACE," still related to STRETCHING UNIVERSE

18 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

WOUND, SKIN and DISCHARGE PRECAUTIONS

19 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

WASTE DISPOSAL

20 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

DIAGNOSIS and ISOLATION

21 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

CORPSES and BURIAL PRECAUTIONS

22 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

FOOD and DRINKING WATER SAFETY

23 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

PROMISCUITY, UNLAWFUL LIFESTYLES and DISEASE

24 FACT: The human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements which are all found in the earth

25 FACT: BLOOD – THE RIVER OF LIFE

26 FACT: RODINIA and PANTHALASSA, One land and one ocean! p. 12

27 FACT: Man is superior to all other living things. p.36

28 FACT: SCIENTISTS NAME and CLASSIFY CREATURES p. 37

29 FACT: MODERN-DAY DEADLY VIRUS COULD BE PREVENTED FROM SPREADING BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BIBLE p. 39

30 FACT: NO ARCHEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY HAS CONTRADICTED A BIBLICAL REFERENCE! p.43

31 FACT: THE REGENERATING RIBS p.47

32 FACT: CIRCUMCISION IS BEST DONE ON THE 8th DAY! p. 47

33 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY UNEARTHED THE EBLA TABLETS p. 48

34 FACT: ARCHEOLOGICAL FIND AT KHIRBAT EN-NAHAS IN LINE WITH

BIBLICAL NARRATIVE OF DAVID AND SOLOMON p. 50

35 FACT: ARCHEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY IN TEL DAN PROVIDES A CONNECTION TO THE RULING DYNASTY OF KING DAVID p. 55

36 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY DISCOVERED THE NUZI TABLETS SHOWING THAT THE CULTURAL PRACTICES WRITTEN IN GENESIS ARE AUTHENTIC p. 57

37 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY DISCOVERED THE MARI TABLETS p. 57

38 FACT: THREE SEPARATE BIBLICAL FACTS CONFIRMED BY NEBO-SARSEKIM CUNEIFORM TABLET p. 57

39 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY FOUND LACHISH p. 58

40. FACT: THE LACHISH LETTERS INLINE WITH THE BIBLICAL NARRATIVE OF THE PROPHET JEREMIAH p. 58

41. FACT: Archeological findings in TELL EN-NASBEH in-line with the Biblical narratives p.58

42. FACT: Archeological finding at TAHPANHES in-line with Biblical narrative of Jeremiah

p. 58

43. FACT: Archeology discovered SODOM AND GOMORRAH p.59

Edited by betsy

Fact archaeology has confirmed the Island of Sri Lanka

ALL HAIL THE HINDU GODHEAD!

Bow down and pay tribute to Hanuman!

:rolleyes: Tell me you're kidding....

All facts posted in this topic are either Biblical

facts or evidences that support Biblical narratives

written thousands of years ago.

All are scientifically proven.

43 facts....and counting. :)

Edited by betsy

:rolleyes: Tell me you're kidding....

All facts posted in this topic are either Biblical

facts or evidences that support Biblical narratives

written thousands of years ago.

All are scientifically proven.

43 facts....and counting. :)

3 FACT: There is an incalculable number of stars.

Fact: Science keeps on calculating the number as i write. The current estimate is 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

6 FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building

Science has not confirmed the supposed mythological noah's ark

9 FACT: The universe is deteriorating

Science has neither confirmed of debunked this theory.

27 FACT: Man is superior to all other living things. p.36

That is not a scientific thought...

31 FACT: THE REGENERATING RIBS p.47

OMG! :lol:

Fact, archaeologists confirm the Indus Valley as a craddle of civilization, thus conforming the Mahabaratta!

Toss the Bible out the door and all that will be left are true Chistians..cos - as I said - Christianity is a state of higher awareness and an adherance to truth (reality) -----------Christianity is a state of mind and not a religion...with that state of mind you are more apt to follow the creators will and plan - following religion on the other hand will just cause more and more man made problems...religion is evil - GOD is good - keep it simple stupid. v Sure a little study of scripture is useful to gain historical knowledge..but after that - dump the book - a book will not save you - it has not thus far - what makes you think it will now?

Science has not confirmed the supposed mythological noah's ark

The fact is posted as such:

6 FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building p. 1

Just because you saw the words "NOAH'S ARK," there you go getting all excited! :lol:

Go back and read it.

I didn't say science had found and confirmed Noah's Ark.

Big difference!

Your knee-jerking is getting the better of you! :D

Edited by betsy

Here is a fact about he bible.

Over 100 thousand FIrst Nations children don`t have a gravesite, or have been located after being murdered, raped, slaughtered, torchured, all in the name of Bible Teachings at Residential Schools.

You would think people have respect for children, but such a hateful religion won`t even give the children they murdered, a proper ceremony for death. They just throw most kids in a hole and pissed on them when they left. Thats what the Bible Teaches First Nations In North America.

Just because you saw the words "NOAH'S ARK," there you go getting all excited! :lol:

Go back and read it.

Your knee-jerking is getting the better of you!

Oh...so you think that science has confirmed "ship building"... therefore the Epic of Gigalmesh is true?

All Hail Ishtar!

Science has neither confirmed of debunked this theory.

That is not a scientific thought...

OMG! :lol:

Fact, archaeologists confirm the Indus Valley as a craddle of civilization, thus conforming the Mahabaratta!

Seeing how you mis-understood the simple posted fact about Noah's Ark and Shipbuilding, of course any of your silly quips are taken with a grain of salt - maybe a bag.

A mega bag from Costco! :lol:

As for the rest of your baloney....back em up! Cite.

Edited by betsy

Science calculates the number of stars proving that anciant biblical writers had no concept of bazillion...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2010/12/01/the-estimated-number-of-stars-in-the-universe-just-tripled/

Never ending universe...

brane cosmology models[69] in which inflation is due to the movement of branes in string theory; the pre-Big Bang model; the ekpyrotic model, in which the Big Bang is the result of a collision between branes; and the cyclic model, a variant of the ekpyrotic model in which collisions occur periodically. In the latter model, the Big Bang was preceded by a Big Crunch and the Universe endlessly cycles from one process to the other.[70][71][72]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Speculative_physics_beyond_Big_Bang_theory

Does the bible respect children or burials of children after they are slaughtered and raped in the name of the bible. Or is just the same as Indian Residential Schools. Just throw them in a random hole and piss on them. Maybe give the kids brother a 10 thousand dollar payment 30 years later for harsh mistreatment.

Science calculates the number of stars proving that anciant biblical writers had no concept of bazillion...

:blink:

Eh? Of course you do know that in a way, that statement is only supporting the phenomenom of the Bible, right? :D

So they have no concept of bazillion. So what? Even if these ancient Biblical authors can only count one to ten...the fact still remains the same!

So far, the posted facts show that they did get most things scientifically right!

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO!

That's the whole point...that obviously have to be pointed out to you!

Edited by betsy

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2010/12/01/the-estimated-number-of-stars-in-the-universe-just-tripled/

Never ending universe...

Ahhhh...the branes....

The author of that colliding brane theory must've been involved in a collision and sustained brain damage! :lol:

Yeah! And Jesus had an identical twin who died on the Cross. :)

By the way, I hope you guys don't really think that the Big Bang - because of its misleading name - was actually an explosion?

And I hope you don't think or envision that "nothing" means it's only empty space out there?

Nothing means nothing. Not even space. Yep. No space either.

I hope you do know too how....and who supports the Big Bang theory?

The following is from your own quoted source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Speculative_physics_beyond_Big_Bang_theory

Religious interpretationsMain article: Religious interpretations of the Big Bang theory

The Big Bang is a scientific theory, and as such is dependent on its agreement with observations. But as a theory which addresses the origins of reality, it has always carried theological and philosophical implications, most notably,

the concept of creation ex nihilo (Latin meaning "out of nothing").[76][77][78][79][80]

In the 1920s and 1930s almost every major cosmologist preferred an eternal steady state Universe, and several complained that the beginning of time implied by the Big Bang imported religious concepts into physics; this objection was later repeated by supporters of the steady state theory.[81]

This perception was enhanced by the fact that the originator of the Big Bang theory, Monsignor Georges Lemaître, was a Roman Catholic priest.[82]

Pope Pius XII declared, at the November 22, 1951 opening meeting of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, that the Big Bang theory accorded with the Catholic concept of creation.[83]

Conservative Protestant Christian denominations have also welcomed the Big Bang theory as supporting a historical interpretation of the doctrine of creation.[84]

:P

Edited by betsy

Go back and read it.

Big difference!

Your knee-jerking is getting the better of you! :D

Question: I know that I am not part of this discussion - but why do you take glee in someone's knee jerk reactions? Why is it important that you dominate? Christianity is not a competiion nor was it ever meant to form into a religion controlled by human beings who gain their power through a collective of like minded power hungry individuals who believe that God instructs them? Logic dictates that God does not play favorities and probably does not care if you believe or not. The all mighty is just that...It is humanity through religion that attempts to dominate their fellow man - God does not bother with such trival as competion and domination.

Yah I don't like atheist zealots either. What I find interesting is why is it so important for atheists to convert others to their way of thinking? Do they think they are going to save the world if they get rid of GOD? It reminds me of feminist eccentrics that believe all the suffering in the world is caused by male anger. That all war is spawned by the belief in God...all this stuff really makes no sense and is prejudical. Jesus Christ once said when a person interjected into something that was not their buisness or real concern - to para phrase "What is it to you?"

I had associate that was a hard core atheist - at dinner one night after one too many glasses of wine _ I mentioned God - he literally lept across the table to strangle me...He hated me...and I figure out why later...He was also a ameteur astronomer...we were looking out into space and he made the cold comment regardging the cosmos - "What a mess up there, I could have designed it better"...He hated those that beleived in God because he thought of himself as god...He was the classic atheist and in his core a horrible human being.

So MDancer, now we know what you think you know but actually didn't know.....

....you believe in Creation. :)

No actually...I believe that energy cannot be created or destroyed...that the multiverse is forever being created and destroyed...

No actually...I believe that energy cannot be created or destroyed...that the multiverse is forever being created and destroyed...

You don't have to acknowledge a god in order to believe in creation. What is this fixation on the creator when we are talking about creation? Creationists make the mistake in their attempting to prove the existance of God - when debating about creation.

Why not put the creator aside and just talk about his work? Lets go into the cosmic gallery and discuss the art and how it came to be rather than gathering around the artist and debating whether they are there in existance or not.

Creation should not be proof of God nor should God be proof of creation. Non-creationists really don't like the simplicity of the argument that states "God made it" - that is to quick and easy -------let's ask HOW he did it - now that would be a worthy discussion.