The Bible

betsy

Let's do a recap. For details, pages for the facts are provided for easy go-to.

1 FACT: Nothing holds up Earth. It is affected by gravity.

Fact. Nothing about gravity in the Bible. Which is not a textbook.

2 FACT: The earth is round.

Fact. Nothing about it in the Bible. Which is not a textbook.

3 FACT: There is an incalculable number of stars.

4 FACT: Mountains and trenches in the deep blue sea.

5 FACT: Invisible atoms, the building blocks

And?

6 FACT: Noah’s Ark and Ship Building p. 1

And where has it be found, again?

7 FACT: “Many of the great scientists of the past who founded and developed the key disciplines of science were creationists!”

Correction. Many of them believed in God, and that He created the Universe. Not the same as subscribing to that fraud known as creationism or that non-sense that the Bible is a science textbook.

8 FACT: A finished creation.

9 FACT: The universe is deteriorating

10 FACT: The Universe Must Have Had a Beginning

11 FACT:: Existence of ocean currents

And 1 + 1 equals 2. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the scientific proof of the existence of God. :lol:

12 FACT: SCIENCE REMAINS BAFFLED!

Nope. it is not. Fact: you remain baffling.

13 FACT: EXPANDING UNIVERSE

14 FACT: Hydrological Cycle or Water Cycle

And?

15 FACT: PROPHECIES HAVE COME TRUE!

And some haven't. Always a matter of how a prophecy is interpreted.

16 FACT:

EXPANDING UNIVERSE: SCIENCE GIVES AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION BY THE WORD "STRETCH! [/quote¸

But not the Bible.

17 FACT: Expression - "CURVATURE OF SPACE," still related to STRETCHING UNIVERSE

18 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

WOUND, SKIN and DISCHARGE PRECAUTIONS

19 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

WASTE DISPOSAL

20 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

DIAGNOSIS and ISOLATION

21 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

CORPSES and BURIAL PRECAUTIONS

22 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

FOOD and DRINKING WATER SAFETY

23 FACT: Sanitary Practices, Disease Prevention and Public Health

PROMISCUITY, UNLAWFUL LIFESTYLES and DISEASE

24 FACT: The human body is comprised of some 28 base and trace elements which are all found in the earth

25 FACT: BLOOD – THE RIVER OF LIFE

And?

26 FACT: RODINIA and PANTHALASSA, One land and one ocean! p. 12

The link to the Bible being?

27 FACT: Man is superior to all other living things. p.36

28 FACT: SCIENTISTS NAME and CLASSIFY CREATURES p. 37

And?

29 FACT: MODERN-DAY DEADLY VIRUS COULD BE PREVENTED FROM SPREADING BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BIBLE p. 39

mark my day. You got something right. Kind of... Someone could have come with the same disease-control methods by just observing and experimenting.

30 FACT: NO ARCHEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY HAS CONTRADICTED A BIBLICAL REFERENCE! p.43

Which merely proves that the Bible, like many other eaqrly text, is based on interpreation of actual events.

31 FACT: THE REGENERATING RIBS p.47

32 FACT: CIRCUMCISION IS BEST DONE ON THE 8th DAY! p. 47

And?

33 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY UNEARTHED THE EBLA TABLETS p. 48

34 FACT: ARCHEOLOGICAL FIND AT KHIRBAT EN-NAHAS IN LINE WITH

BIBLICAL NARRATIVE OF DAVID AND SOLOMON p. 50

35 FACT: ARCHEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY IN TEL DAN PROVIDES A CONNECTION TO THE RULING DYNASTY OF KING DAVID p. 55

And?

36 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY DISCOVERED THE NUZI TABLETS SHOWING THAT THE CULTURAL PRACTICES WRITTEN IN GENESIS ARE AUTHENTIC p. 57

Fact. As YOUR example demonstrate, these practices pre-dated Abraham.

37 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY DISCOVERED THE MARI TABLETS p. 57

And?

38 FACT: THREE SEPARATE BIBLICAL FACTS CONFIRMED BY NEBO-SARSEKIM CUNEIFORM TABLET p. 57
Both texts confirm each others. And?

39 FACT: ARCHEOLOGY FOUND LACHISH p. 58

40. FACT: THE LACHISH LETTERS INLINE WITH THE BIBLICAL NARRATIVE OF THE PROPHET JEREMIAH p. 58

41. FACT: Archeological findings in TELL EN-NASBEH in-line with the Biblical narratives p.58

42. FACT: Archeological finding at TAHPANHES in-line with Biblical narrative of Jeremiah

p. 58

43. FACT: Archeology discovered SODOM AND GOMORRAH p.59

Really?

44. FACT: ARCHEOLOGY SHOWS EVIDENCE THAT THE BIBLE PROVIDES AN ACCURATE EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF EVENTS THAT OCCURRED SOUTHEAST OF THE DEAD SEA OVER 4,000 YEARS AGO. p 61

Archaelogical findings prove that things ocured exactly as the Bible described them? They prove that the local inhabitants attempted to rape Abraham's guests? That Lot fled? How?

45. FACT: MODERN WESTERN SCIENCE WAS FOUNDED UPON JUDEO-CHRISTIAN PRESUPPOSITIONAL FOUNDATIONS FROM THE BIBLE p 62

46. FACT: "THE BIBLE SPEAKS RATHER EXPLICITLY ABOUT BASIC PRINCIPLES IN EVERY AREA OF SCIENCE" p 63

47. FACT: KEPLER’S 8 MINUTES p. 63

Been there. Debunked the premise.

Feel free to believe that the Bible is a science textbook. Thankfully, most Christians use their God-given ability to view the Bible as it is.

---------------

47 facts posted.....and counting.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact. Nothing about gravity in the Bible. Which is not a textbook.

Fact. Nothing about it in the Bible. Which is not a textbook.

And?

And where has it be found, again?

Correction. Many of them believed in God, and that He created the Universe. Not the same as subscribing to that fraud known as creationism or that non-sense that the Bible is a science textbook.

And 1 + 1 equals 2. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the scientific proof of the existence of God. :lol:

Nope. it is not. Fact: you remain baffling.

And?

And some haven't. Always a matter of how a prophecy is interpreted.

And?

The link to the Bible being?

And?

mark my day. You got something right. Kind of... Someone could have come with the same disease-control methods by just observing and experimenting.

Which merely proves that the Bible, like many other eaqrly text, is based on interpreation of actual events.

And?

And?

Fact. As YOUR example demonstrate, these practices pre-dated Abraham.

And?

Both texts confirm each others. And?

Really?

Archaelogical findings prove that things ocured exactly as the Bible described them? They prove that the local inhabitants attempted to rape Abraham's guests? That Lot fled? How?

Been there. Debunked the premise.

Feel free to believe that the Bible is a science textbook. Thankfully, most Christians use their God-given ability to view the Bible as it is.

---------------

47 facts posted.....and counting.

Talk about convoluted and irrational.

You must be the New Atheist counterpart of the Waco, Texas cult leader!

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by betsy

Talk about convoluted and irrational.

Yep, I was talking about your posting. Apt description of them.

You must be the New Atheist counterpart of the Waco, Texas cult leader!

:lol::lol::lol:

And how often does it need to be pointed out to you that I am Christian? Guess that FACT has to be written in the Bible for you to get it.

Yep, I was talking about your posting. Apt description of them.

No, no, no, there's no mistaking it....you are truly confused.

And how often does it need to be pointed out to you that I am Christian?

:blink:

See? Why do you say you are a Christian?

Canadien:

Not the same as subscribing to that fraud known as creationism

You call creationism - Christian Creationism - as a fraud!

Canadien

Guess that FACT has to be written in the Bible for you to get it.

You don't even know...that you're anything BUT a Christian. You only think you are. And I don't know why you'd even want to imagine yourself a Christian. :D

At least that's how you strongly come across. :blink:

Explain your position. What do you believe?

Edited by betsy

No, no, no, there's no mistaking it....you are truly confused.[/Quote]

On the contrary. I am not confused about your complete ignorance.

See? Why do you say you are a Christian?

Because I am. :P

You call creationism - Christian Creationism - as a fraud!

Let me clarify. /Creationist" "science", as the attempt by ignorants and charlatans to confuse faith and science and rejct scientific knowledge (such as evolution), is a fraud.

You don't even know...that you're anything BUT a Christian. You only think you are.

I'll let God be the judge on how good of a Christian I am. Not you.

And I don't know why you'd even want to imagine yourself a Christian. :D
No surprise there. You barely know anything at all.

Explain your position. What do you believe?

You ask for it. Don't blame me when it makes you look (once again) like a fool.

Let's start with..

What is said in the Apostle's Creed.

That God is My Saviour

Matthew 5, 1-12, Matthew 25, 31-46 (mong other texts)

That the Bible is the Word of God

Now a bit about what I do not believe in:

that the Bible is meant to be taken literally

That the Bible is to be taken aand used as a science textbook

That the theory of evolution is anything but sound scientific knowledge

And... that you are anything but joke.

If you feel the need to embarass yourself further in response, do it quick. 50 minutes or so before I leave for... church.

Let me guide you to the right direction.

That would be a first.

That the excerpt was taken from an article that's titled it's "a textbook of science" - or whether I consider it a science textbook or not - is not the issue.

On the contrary, it is. The whole piece is part of an attempt at positioning the Bible as some sort of science textbook.

Read the posted fact title

Where? There's no fact in there.

- the one with the giant bold font. Like this....

News to you. You may need bold and extra large font to convince yourself of the non-sense you write and copy. Knowledgeable people don't. Actually, it makes you look even more silly. Like in...

FACT: "THE BIBLE SPEAKS RATHER EXPLICITLY ABOUT BASIC PRINCIPLES IN EVERY AREA OF SCIENCE"

The premise of that portion of the text (which you're trying - in vain - to dissociate of the whole itent of the author) will not become factual no matter how big you write it.

Edited by CANADIEN

FACT: NOTABLE INVENTIONS AND DISCOVERIES FROM THE PAST 800 YEARS BY THOSE WORKING FROM THE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW OF NATURE

http://worldview3.50webs.com/inventions.html

Please, please, try to save what ever spec of credibility ypou may still have and admit you didn't think that one through.

To take one example, no need to work from any religion-based worldview to come with the typewiter.

Or the birth-control pill. :lol:

Edited by CANADIEN

I doubt she would ever tell us, but I'm truly curious how old betsy is and at what age she dropped out of school.

I'd imagine she was home schooled. Aren't most like her that way? Keeps that Devil's work - evolution - out of their impressionable little heads.

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

FACT: NOTABLE INVENTIONS AND DISCOVERIES FROM THE PAST 800 YEARS BY THOSE WORKING FROM THE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW OF NATURE

http://worldview3.50webs.com/inventions.html

Taking a second look at this latest ahem fact, I am becoming less intrigued by the shall we say bizarre inclusing in the list, and more by what is missing.

No evolution (big surprise there). No relativity (even though, appatantly, Einstein worked from a Biblical worldview ). No Big Bang. None of the scientific discoveries regarding the early origins of Man.

Not even the periodic table of elements, or von Linné's taxinomy. I could understand the fear of the second (well...., he classified us as primates ), but one would have to explain to me how a classification of chemical element is a dangerous thing to acknowledge as being science.

Canadien, I moved our discussion about being a Christian in a separate topic.

Let's be clear. The fact that I am a Christian is a topic for discussion between me and my Lord and Saviour (and my priest). Not you. Nor am I interested in your attempt at distorting what I say and mistepresentating m'y beliefs so that you push that non-sense insult at science and faith otherwise known as the"Intelligent Design Theory". I said all I need to say about what my faith is, and it is clear enough that there is no need for (mis)interpretation, so it is closed. No matter how many new threads you create so that you can say "Look how right I am, I have all those threads".

Period.

Edited by CANADIEN

Betsy, I posted my comments here, and I will post my follow-ups here. Unless you are one of the moderators, you do not decide what i post and where. I do.

As for Canadien, here's a response from him posted in The Bible. I moved it here since this is the appropriate thread for it.

Let's be clear. The fact that I am a Christian is a topic for discussion between me and my Lord and Saviour (and my priest). Not you. Nor am I interested in your attempt at distorting what I say and mistepresentating m'y beliefs so that you push that non-sense insult at science and faith otherwise known as the"Intelligent Design Theory". I said all I need to say about what my faith is, and it is clear enough that there is no need for (mis)interpretation, so it is closed. No matter how many new threads you create so that you can say "Look how right I am, I have all those threads".

Period.

Does that mean you won't answer if you believe that God is the Creator, or the Intelligent Designer?

If my posting and the previous one are not clear enough, if the APOSTLES'S CREED is not clear enough, then both the Creed and the English language are joining the growing list of things you do not understand.

Unless you are either:

God

one of His Angels

one of the Saints

the Pope (yes, I am Catholic)

my Bishop, or

my priest

You are not the judge of what I believe, how I live what I believe, how I express what I believe. Any comment, any questioning you write about my faith will get no more response, whether you write it here, on another thread or in the Heavens. I would even take the comments of atheists on this site about what my faith is or should be before yours because, as wrong as they may be, they manage not be arrogant ignoramuses. :angry:

Edited by CANADIEN

Betsy, I posted my comments here, and I will post my follow-ups here. Unless you are one of the moderators, you do not decide what i post and where. I do.

If my posting and the previous one are not clear enough, if the APOSTLES'S CREED is not clear enough, then both the Creed and the English language are joining the growing list of things you do not understand.

Unless you are either:

God

one of His Angels

one of the Saints

the Pope (yes, I am Catholic)

my Bishop, or

my priest

You are not the judge of what I believe, how I live what I believe, how I express what I believe. Any comment, any questioning you write about my faith will get no more response, whether you write it here, on another thread or in the Heavens. I would even take the comments of atheists on this site about what my faith is or should be before yours because, as wrong as they may be, they manage not be arrogant ignoramuses. :angry:

This is a topic that I created for discussion about the Bible. We both stumbled onto another issue - being a Christian - which opens up a great opportunity for more in depth discussion.

Our discussion as to the meaning of being a christian does not belong here. Should you wish to continue the discussion, kindly go to the topic "What is a Christian." After all, it is this very discussion that we've stumbled onto that's been the inspiration for that topic.

I ask that out of courtesy and respect - not only to the BIBLE to which this topic is reserved for - but to Mapleleaf Forum and all its members, to please help keep our discussions organized. The board has its rules. Surely, as you are not an ignorant person, you don't think a moderator is needed to settle this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by betsy

This is a topic that I created for discussion about the Bible. We both stumbled onto another issue - being a Christian - which opens up a great opportunity for more in depth discussion.

Our discussion as to the meaning of being a christian does not belong here. Should you wish to continue the discussion, kindly go to the topic "What is a Christian." After all, it is this very discussion that we've stumbled onto that's been the inspiration for that topic.

I ask that out of courtesy and respect - not only to the BIBLE to which this topic is reserved for - but to Mapleleaf Forum and all its members, to please help keep our discussions organized. The board has its rules. Surely, as you are not an ignorant person, you don't think a moderator is needed to settle this.

And what part of I AM DONE DSICUSSING THE FACT I AM A CHRISTIAN WITH YOU is too hard for you to grasp?

As for curtsery and respect.. How about you start showing some towards the Bbie and stop treating it as something it is not, a science textbook and a tool to be used to fight science you do not like or understand (such as evolution).

And show some curtesy and respect to the other posters by, among other things, stopping your riduclous attempt at resurecting a conversation which I will not have with you.

Edited by CANADIEN

I ask that out of courtesy and respect to please help keep our discussions organized.

How about out of courtesy and respect you stop acting like a 12 year old that just started using the internet and stop using giant font and an army of smileys in all of your posts?

There are rules to off-topic discussions. But there are no rules against font sizes.

There are just those who'd like to dictate how we should do things - from what we should and shouldn't drink to what we shouldn't eat to how we should write in a forum.

It's not the font sizes that really bothers some of these whiners, but rather the fact that they have nothing else to rebutt.

And if the font sizes indeed bother you guys....well boo-hoo-hoo. :lol:

Stop whining like a 4-year old and learn that not everybody are lemmings like you....or peas that cuddle in the security of your same cozy pod. Some want to do things differently. Some want to have their own style. A lot of 12 year olds actually do. :)

So, wipe those teary eyes and snotty noses. I'm used to toddlers and pre-schoolers, so your tantrums don't work on me. :D

Edited by betsy

There are just those who'd like to dictate how we should do things

There was no diktat; there was a request that you stop using what is, in internet etiquette, tantamount to shouting and blowing rasberries; i.e. schoolyard behaviour.

Of course, all you can offer in response is:

...these whiners... if the font sizes indeed bother you guys....well boo-hoo-hoo. :lol: Stop whining like a 4-year old and learn that not everybody are lemmings like you....or peas that cuddle in the security of your same cozy pod. Some want to do things differently... A lot of 12 year olds actually do. :)

So, wipe those teary eyes and snotty noses. I'm used to toddlers and pre-schoolers, so your tantrums don't work on me. :D

It's evident you're used to toddlers and pre-schoolers.

[-]

Edited by g_bambino

There was no diktat; there was a polite request that you stop using what is, in internet etiquette, tantamount to shouting and blowing rasberries; i.e. schoolyard behaviour.

Well, your polite request had been politely turned down.

And the reasons were explained. The most important of which is....certain posters here seem to have poor eyesight.They seem to skip some important points being made in the discussion(s).

So in a way, I'm also trying to do them a favor. :)

That you still harp about it though, moves it beyond just mere "request."

And fyi, using all capitals is shouting in internet etiquette. And speaking of etiquette and schoolyard behaviour coming from mostly all new atheists actively barking on this forum.....need I say more? :rolleyes:

Edited by betsy