Prime Minister Jack Layton

Holy ignorance! This is why commerce, management, and business classes should be mandatory for graduation.

Ever look at our gdp and unemployment numbers? Ever look at our standard of living?

Mandatory for what?Mandatory for "robbing people blind" college?

Get a real job buddy and do something that actually contributes to society.

A CEO or VP that can extract every penny out of you isn't exactly a "model citizen"

WWWTT

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An federal NDP government would ruin this nation financially. They would tax corporations so much that the corporations would close down and leave (example: BC NDP in the 1970's taxing mining companies so highly that they left). The average working person would fair no better. The NDP is NO LONGER the "working man's party". They now view the working man as a cash cow to be taxed and taxed and taxed some more. Mind you, once all the corporations have left, the NDP will have nobody to tax since everybody would be unemployed.

Yah they just moved all the ground they were mining right out of the province right?

stupid analogy, the NDP has had many financially responsible provincial governments...if we're grading federal parties by provincial counterparts performance no conservative party should ever be allowed to govern again based on the Grant Devine conservative government in sask, without doubt the worst financial record of any government in canada's history...

More to the point, Layton has already said that he would keep the tax-rate below the US levels to remain competitive.

A CEO or VP that can extract every penny out of you isn't exactly a "model citizen"

WWWTT

A real job like what? Flipping burgers? Is that a real job to you? Perhaps you're more inclined to consider monkey work pressing buttons or lifting things in a factory 'real work'? Maybe plowing fields with the other muzhiks? Comrade, please explain to us what a 'real job' is. I can't wait...

A real job like what? Flipping burgers? Is that a real job to you? Perhaps you're more inclined to consider monkey work pressing buttons or lifting things in a factory 'real work'? Maybe plowing fields with the other muzhiks? Comrade, please explain to us what a 'real job' is. I can't wait...

What else can't you wait for?

WWWTT

Mandatory for what?Mandatory for "robbing people blind" college?

WWWTT

Instead of rebutting gdp and unemployment numbers and trends with regard to the falling corporate tax rate, the best you can do is "get a real job!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

As can be plainly seen by the falling unemployment and positive gdp numbers with the falling deficit, low corporate taxes are working and are contributing to society.

As for you, please enlighten us how you contribute so much to society than say myself who runs a 3000 acre grain farm which provides jobs, tax revenue, spending on supplies, and scores of food.

Score one for team corporate!!!

Instead of rebutting gdp and unemployment numbers and trends with regard to the falling corporate tax rate, the best you can do is "get a real job!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

As can be plainly seen by the falling unemployment and positive gdp numbers with the falling deficit, low corporate taxes are working and are contributing to society.

As for you, please enlighten us how you contribute so much to society than say myself who runs a 3000 acre grain farm which provides jobs, tax revenue, spending on supplies, and scores of food.

Score one for team corporate!!!

Hey good for you farmers are the biggest contributors to our society.

Too bad your brainwashed,but maybe theres hope for you.

Good luck.

WWWTT

Can somebody explain to me HOW oil companies would go about leaving? Would they abandon there multi-hundreds of billions of dollar refineries and machinery and so on, or pack them in a crate and take them with them? I would hope that they would just sell everything, and a Canadian company would buy it.

Edited by ninjandrew

Can somebody explain to me HOW oil companies would go about leaving? Would they abandon there multi-hundreds of billions of dollar refineries and machinery and so on, or pack them in a crate and take them with them? I would hope that they would just sell everything, and a Canadian company would buy it.

Work would be stopped and the assets would be mothballed. The refineries are pretty much all in the usa. A lot of the companies out west are canadian, eg suncor.

There are a lot of oil reserves around the world other than canada, and if the price of oil production gets too high, alternatives are explored.

Fortunately the canadian and sask/alta govts are smarter than that.

Work would be stopped and the assets would be mothballed. The refineries are pretty much all in the usa. A lot of the companies out west are canadian, eg suncor.

There are a lot of oil reserves around the world other than canada, and if the price of oil production gets too high, alternatives are explored.

Fortunately the canadian and sask/alta govts are smarter than that.

Oh ya and Canadians don't mind paying 1.30/L to help subsidize their outragous profits.

And so what if those oil companies went bankrupt.Its not worth paying billions in subsidies for a handfull of jobs.Theres a name for that.Its called corporate welfare.

WWWTT

I'm really curious WWWTT. What do you do for a living???

You have a strong immagination and like to make things up.So why don't you just be creative and make something up.Post it and I'll give you a score out of 10.

Good luck

WWWTT

ya ignatieff has nixed the coalition but layton hasn't if the ndp ended up 2nd he would have no qualms forming a coalition, PM Jack?...and if the liberals were to finish 2nd it would be the end of ignatieff IMO...but we're getting ahead of ourselves here, if the latest polls are to believed the liberals have recovered a lot of support in ontario which should not only end the harper regimes quest for a majority but it should keep the liberals in 2nd...

LOL Iggy has not nixed the coalition. He has never said he would not, he always says I am in to have lib goverment ,not once has he came out and said ,if the cons get a minority I will not go to the GG or vote down the budget or throne speech. He has already said he is not going to vote for the con budgget, so we either have a new election in a month or 2 or we have a coalition.

Where would the banks,insurance companies and other service providers goes?Oh I know magic fairy land where every CEO earns 10 000 000+ bonuses and Harper eats grapes and sings songs from the 40's and caries a rifle in his jock.

Where would the oil comanies go?

I guess you like paying 1.30 a litre.Well keep paying and vote conservative.

Time for real change buddy.

Hey if he screws up then vote him out.

But if things get run smoothly than whats the problem?

Keep fighting shadows and phantoms and every CEO will be laughing and zipping rails on their private yachts in the Carribean earning 7 didgets a year while you have to slug it out every day.But at least you will have comfort in knowing that you are helping the poor CEOS maintain their lifestyle.

WWWTT

Vote NDP, and watch the gas prices soar. "Tax, tax, tax!" is the NDP cry, and you can be certain they will tax the oil industry more and more if they took power.

Edited by scouterjim

They would stop exploration in Canada and focus off shore...if it became too adverse, they would sell their assets and invest elsewhere...

Capital doesn't have citizenship or feel patriotism

to hold on to first then I'll start crying.

You think these companies care for you?

No and I don't expect or want them to.

Oh and this anti corporate sentiment is for a good reason.It exists because corporations put profits before employees.

True, some people are too clueless to know which side of the bread butter goes on.

Go to Japan and invest your money in the stock market there buddy.

WWWTT

Don't have to go to Japan to do that. You can do that right here with a call to your broker

Vote NDP, and watch the gas prices soar. "Tax, tax, tax!" is the NDP cry, and you can be certain they will tax the oil industry more and more if they took power.

If the oil companies did that then the NDP would just tell them that they will have to tax their CEO's 80% more to help Canadians pay for gas.

WWWTT

They would stop exploration in Canada and focus off shore...if it became too adverse, they would sell their assets and invest elsewhere...

Capital doesn't have citizenship or feel patriotism

Offshore like the Gulf of Mexico?

Think buddy think

WWWTT

No and I don't expect or want them to.

True, some people are too clueless to know which side of the bread butter goes on.

Don't have to go to Japan to do that. You can do that right here with a call to your broker

Then call and invest there.

I didn't realize that I was somehow stopping you

WWWTT

I would bet nothing, I would bet he is living in his parents basement.

Living at ones parents basement does not qualify as an occupation so I give you a freakin zero buddy

So therefore your a freakin zero buddy.

If I was you I would consider moving back to your parents basement and re-think your life and where you went wrong

Good luck

WWWTT

You have a strong immagination and like to make things up.So why don't you just be creative and make something up.Post it and I'll give you a score out of 10.

I already guessed:

1) Burger Flipper

2) Factory button pusher or lifter of stuff

3) Farm Labourer

Given your writing skills and your knowledge of the world, I might even guess a CSR or something of the sort...perhaps call centre agent? After that I just can't guess! Maybe I'll be surprised?

I'd really like to know what you do for a living seeing as though you seem to think you're a tremendous net contributor to Canadian society.

Is anybody with me in that higher taxes isnt necessarily a bad thing, so long as we get something out of it? Scandinavian countries have some of the highest taxes in the world, but also some of the highest standards of living, quality of life and distribution of wealth.

I already guessed:

1) Burger Flipper

2) Factory button pusher or lifter of stuff

3) Farm Labourer

Given your writing skills and your knowledge of the world, I might even guess a CSR or something of the sort...perhaps call centre agent? After that I just can't guess! Maybe I'll be surprised?

I'd really like to know what you do for a living seeing as though you seem to think you're a tremendous net contributor to Canadian society.

And maybe without the sorts of jobs you describe with such top-down, class warrior elitism--honest, sometimes difficult work--our society wouldn't be running so very well.