Students Asked to Leave CPC rally in London

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the Liberals have done the same thing in the past to those they know support other parties Oleg. That is my point, I think it is wrong and it was wrong when the Liberals did it to.

It's horrific that you entice young people to bare themselves on the net - then you punish them for what they think or say. It reminds me of those that lure the young - There should be a warning on facebook - "anything you say or do might be held against you in the court of public opinion - or the court of polical spite.

This just shows young people who are smart...don't trust everyone - and don't be honest nd have an open heart - to maintain privacy and personal atonomy - keep your mouth shut and your buisness to yourself - be secretive - JUST like the government .."all power is conducted in secret" - To you think that Iggy or Harper are ever going to tell you what they reallyt think? NOT likely...........so why be honest with those that are not honest with you?

I just want to point out I volunteer for the NDP and am a well known NDPer in my area, the Liberals have asked myself on more then one occasion to leave a gathering of Liberals. I am not saying it is right in fact I thought it wrong at the time and still do.

Pure BS, period! You are a bald faced liar... I've seen known NDPers at every event Ignatieff holds and have never seen ANYONE, including OBVIOUS NDPers denied access or being ejected...

Hell, I've even seen Ignatieff taking and answering their stupid questions, much to their own embarassment and chagrin I might add... :D

Edited by GWiz

This is especially likely considering she is a student and a young voter. We wouldn't want the youth educating themselves about the issues. They might actually start voting.

Well, if they do, you can pretty much guarantee they will all march lock-step as they sweep over the country with their smarmy fascism and please-do-my-laundry-mom economic policies. We all know how that worked out in the 60's. Damned "liberators."

I think the thing is, this is new to some people who are not engaged in politics however it has gone along time and the Liberals have always been the ones who have done it to myself.

I've had it done to me by the Liberals as well. These are closed events, that's just how it goes.

The difference is, other party supporters aren't bitchy little girls that run to their media friends every time they don't get their way.

If a non-Liberal supporter who was turned away went to he media, you know damn well the story would be exactly the opposite: that the LPC had to deal with a trouble-maker.

I was waiting for the CPC supporters to start attacking the girls. :lol:

Oh you are too modest Bubber, but let me quote you:

The buck stops with the low-level staffmembers in this government.

I think it's time the CPC-bots start attacking these girls' character.

Didn't take them long either! :D

Guess who won't be at harpers next event....

http://www.rickmercer.com/getattachment/d6fac67b-350b-41db-9533-6c8065410eed/HarperIgnatieff.jpg

look how chummy that guy is getting with Iggy, the gall.

You can see the glee and support on his face. He just knows that members of the CPC are looking at him during the photo op here.

Caught red handed. He's even wearing the same tie as Iggy!

YOu can't see it from the angle but they are really holding hands. (or something like that)

Edited by William Ashley

For the 1000th time, I'm NOT a Conservative, BT! Keep it up and I will begin to call you a Marxist!

I called you a baby boomer, not a conservative.

So far we have seen diddley-squat from the main student bodies or their representatives to censure those who have been disrupting meetings and stomping on the concept of free speech!

You may be right however that it's a baby boomer thing. We had a politics club at our High School, way back when. We occasionally had speakers from the various parties at school assemblies. We invited the local Marxist-Leninist, which scandalized our teachers but to their credit they allowed the assembly to go on.

We listened politely, with some tough questions but very little theatre. Certainly there was nothing like what we've seen in anti-Israel speakers, shutting down the entire event as in what happened with Christie Blatchford. Afterwards, we of course had some good laughs but we also learned a few things.

If today's antics had happened when I was at university there would have been counter-demonstrations! We would have been lighting torches and storming the castle of the administration to have these anti-free speech idiots restrained! We would have been terribly embarrassed that the country might think that they actually represented all of us!

Today, by doing nothing, students and their representatives are actually condoning their actions! I truly feel that this is a poisonous meme that must be stamped out!

I never thought that the next group of jackboots would come from our universities! Godwin be damned, the metaphor is appropriate!

I think you're suffering from some mis-directed rage here. I'd say your complaints should be focused on the 'political correctness' movement that's swept many at every level of society. (or as I call it the right not to be offended by anything ever movement). If you think this is limited to students you're dead wrong.

Pure BS, period! You are a bald faced liar... I've seen known NDPers at every event Ignatieff holds and have never seen ANYONE, including OBVIOUS NDPers denied access or being ejected...

Hell, I've even seen Ignatieff taking and answering their stupid questions, much to their own embarassment and chagrin I might add... :D

You can't be that dumb.

I never said Iggy personally asked me to leave a Liberal rally I said in the past on a number of occasions I have been asked to leave Liberal events. With out causing any disruption. What I am saying is that the Liberals do it to. I know for a fact they do and just because a Liberal like yourself is welcome at Liberal rallies does not mean we all have been.

Maybe you forget the time the Liberal PM wanted someone gone so much from his rally he tired to choke them out.

You can't be that dumb.

I never said Iggy personally asked me to leave a Liberal rally I said in the past on a number of occasions I have been asked to leave Liberal events. With out causing any disruption. What I am saying is that the Liberals do it to. I know for a fact they do and just because a Liberal like yourself is welcome at Liberal rallies does not mean we all have been.

Maybe you forget the time the Liberal PM wanted someone gone so much from his rally he tired to choke them out.

total bs.

the strangler incident was HIM trying to leave, and being mobbed in the process.

Heck someone I knew of was tackled to the ground for lobbing some chocolate milk at Day or something.

At Conestoga College in Ontario he was doused with chocolate milk by a student, after which he complained that "I should have been wearing the wet suit."

- I don't know where they think these things up. -- point is however that people are mean.

Atleast they arn't $50 or $500 plates.

I'd be expecting a line or two at those prices.

Edited by William Ashley

total bs.

the strangler incident was HIM trying to leave, and being mobbed in the process.

Heck someone I knew of was tackled to the ground for lobbing some chocolate milk at Day or something.

- I don't know where they think these things up. -- point is however that people are mean.

Atleast they arn't $50 or $500 plates.

I'd be expecting a line or two at those prices.

Don't need you rewriting history we can watch the youtube clip.

That's an entirely different situation though. The girls in question weren't in any way aggressive or belligerent. They were just minding their own business.

How do you tell when someone is going to be aggressive and belligerent before they're aggressive and belligerent? How do you tell when a Liberal or NDp supporter is going to start screaming and yelling to get attention from the press before they do it?

How do you tell when someone is going to be aggressive and belligerent before they're aggressive and belligerent? How do you tell when a Liberal or NDp supporter is going to start screaming and yelling to get attention from the press before they do it?

No kidding. I mean, they throw hecklers out of staged theatre events, so why not out of equally staged political rallies?

Probably the only legs on this one is the RCMP admitting their officers were wrong to have helped campaign "security" get rid of potential nuisances.

Edited by ToadBrother

Does having a facebook friend mean you are supporting another leader?

When the facebook friend IS the other leader, I think you'd be right to be suspicious of that.

Perhaps she was a fence sitter and was weighing the issues and what each leader was offering.

She is appearing in Liberal campaign commercials. I think we're safe in thinking she's a Liberal.

I agree that these campaign stops or media-ops, but the CPC blew this. She is going to be annoying and disruptive, there are enough campaign workers there to shout her down, drown out her protests - then hustle her out. IOW, there was a better way to handle it.

Then all the news shows that day will show little girls being dragged kicking and screaming out the door shouting whatever they think will be the most damaging.

But I suppose it beats showing up at a rally and starting a donnybrook like in days of yore. {sigh} I say open the rallies right up to anyone and have it out right there, front and centre, on TV, in front of everyone. Surely each party could hire a qualified stand-up comic to write heckler come-backs.

These people aren't going to shout out insults. They're going to scream them, and blow whistles and horns and refuse to listen to anything said. That is the normal M.O. for these sorts of people.

These people aren't going to shout out insults. They're going to scream them, and blow whistles and horns and refuse to listen to anything said. That is the normal M.O. for these sorts of people.

Exactly. All one has to do is observe their behavior when a conservative speaker is invited to speak at a college or university. You have to love the richness of a group of people that regularly advocate the shutting down of dissenting voices, complaining that they weren't allowed to attend an opposing political party event. :rolleyes:

Btw, don't they have a pro-life group to ban from campus? I'm suprised they had any free time to attend the event in question.

Ah...count on Shady to go straight for the girls' character. I was beginning to think right-wingers were fair-minded and civilized. :lol:

But as to the question, how do you tell when someone is going to be aggressive and belligerent before they're aggressive and belligerent?

Normally by their actions. And nobody says they did anything.

Ah...count on Shady to go straight for the girls' character. I was beginning to think right-wingers were fair-minded and civilized. :lol:

But as to the question, how do you tell when someone is going to be aggressive and belligerent before they're aggressive and belligerent?

Wrong, they committed a "capital" offence, having their pictures taken with the Leader of another political party, maybe even two leaders from what I've heard...

Democratic actions such as choosing who to vote for via actually hearing Harper speak in public has been banned in Canada don't you know...

Only the chosen few shall be allowed to witness Harper's words first hand...

You are of course correct on both counts. Not that attendance is a right...anyone can be asked to leave.