Federal Election Polls

Great very soon Layton will become PM. I cannot wait for it. A couple years of enduring Jack will ensure they never get this type of support ever again. With the LPC destroyed that leaves the CPC to rule for at least a decade with a steady stream of majorities.

Bring on PM Jack Layton!

Great very soon Layton will become PM. I cannot wait for it. A couple years of enduring Jack will ensure they never get this type of support ever again. With the LPC destroyed that leaves the CPC to rule for at least a decade with a steady stream of majorities.

Bring on PM Jack Layton!

Yah remember Tommy Douglas he won in Sask and then everyone there hated him he never won an election again. HAHAHAHA.

Tommy Douglas wanted to sterilize the mentally disabled so they couldn't procreate. A real humanitarian there.

YOU ARE A LIAR. He voted against such a thing twice as health minster and lead the charge to stop it from happening in BC after the Social Credits (who went on to become the Conservatives) passed that law. Actions speak lies don't. YOU ARE A LIAR.

AGAIN HE VOTED AGAINST SUCH A MEASURE TWICE! Do I have to repeat myself?

YOU ARE A LIAR. He voted against such a thing twice as health minster and lead the charge to stop it from happening in BC after the Social Credits (who went on to become the Conservatives) passed that law. Actions speak lies don't. YOU ARE A LIAR.

AGAIN HE VOTED AGAINST SUCH A MEASURE TWICE! Do I have to repeat myself?

it's all their in CSIS TOP Secret documents. Didn't you read them?

it's all their in CSIS TOP Secret documents. Didn't you read them?

I read the record in Hansen when TOMMY DOUGLAS voted against such a measure TWICE.

How dumb can one be. Tommy had a majority and when Conservatives in BC and Albert passed sterilization laws Tommy didn't. Why is that if he wanted to do Mr. Canada? He could have, he had a huge majority, most western provinces at the time (lead by CONSERVATIVE) parties did it, it was popular. Why didn't he do it? ACTIONS SPEAK. Yours show you are a LIAR!

Tommy Douglas wanted to sterilize the mentally disabled so they couldn't procreate. A real humanitarian there.

Correction. Tommy Douglas proposed sterelization for the mentally disabled while writng his MA thesis. Later one, as a politician, he never proposed the idea, and in fact rejected two proposals from the province's Board of Health to enforce sterelization.

Unlike some people on this site, he seems to have been able to change his opinion.

Correction. Tommy Douglas proposed sterelization for the mentally disabled while writng his MA thesis. Later one, as a politician, he never proposed the idea, and in fact rejected two proposals from the province's Board of Health to enforce sterelization.

Unlike some people on this site, he seems to have been able to change his opinion.

Lets not forget he Pushed the BC NDP to end forced sterilization when they came into power in the province in the 70s. Only an idiot would repeat that Lie after I have called him on it 1000 times.

Let me just come out and say it. Contrary to nit, punk and Harry, while I do wholeheartedly support the NDP, they absolutely will not win as many seats as you guys are predicting. I'm willing to bed when all is said and done, they will have roughly 26% of the popular vote and a similar number of seats (80?). I don't see them breaking 80. All the hype is great, but I'm pessimistic about it materializing.

Nevertheless, I will be at the polls tomorrow voting for my local NDP candidate, Liberals be damned. I don't care if they were closer to winning the riding in 2008. They don't represent what I want for Canada.

Most Recent Federal Polling:

Date / Pollster / Cons / NDP / LIbs / Bloc

May 1 / Nanos / 37.0% / 30.6% / 22.7% / 5.5%

Apr 30 / Leger M / 36% / 31% / 21% / 7% / NDP now only 5% out of first place

Apr 30 / Angus R / 37.0% / 33.0% / 19.0% / NDP now only 4% out of first place

Apr 30 / Nanos / 38.0% / 29.6% / 23.3% / 5.2%

Apr 29 / Ipsos R / 38.0% / 33.0% / 18.0% / 7% / NDP within 5% of first place

Apr 29 / EKOS / 34.5% / 29.7% / 20.0% / 6.3% / NDP withing 4.8% of first place

Apr 29 / Nanos / 36.4% / 31.2% / 22.0% / 5.7% / NDP within 5.2% of first place

Apr 28 / Harris D / 35.0% / 30.0% / 22.0% / NDP within 5% of first place

Apr 28 / EKOS / 34.8% / 27.5% / 22.3% / 6.1%

Apr 28 / Nanos / 36.6% / 30.4% / 21.9% / 6.0% / NDP within 6.2% of first place

Apr 27 / EKOS / 34.0% / 28.1% / 22.9% / 6.6% / NDP within 5.9% of first place

Apr 27 / Forum / 34.0% / 31.0% / 22.0% / NDP within 3% of first place

Apr 26 / Nanos / 37.8% / 27.8% / 22.9% / 5.8%

Apr 26 / Angus R / 35.0% / 30.0% / 22.0% / 5.0% / NDP within 5% of 1st place

Apr 25 / EKOS / 33.9% / 27.9% / 24.0% / 6.0%

Apr 24 / EKOS / 33.7% / 28.0% / 23.7% / 6.2%

Apr 24 / Nanos / 39.2% / 23.6% / 25.6% /

Apr 21 / Envi / 39.0% / 25.0% / 22.0% /

Apr 20 / Ipsos R / 43.0% / 24.0% / 21.0% / 6.0%

Apr 16 / Angus R / 36.0% / 25.0% / 25.0% /

This poll and Layton skyrocketing away from Harper in the Leadership Index explain the reasons the Conservatives don't want to talk about the polls today - it's easy to understand why.

Gap between Tories, NDP narrows to 6 points in 11th-hour polling

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/gap-between-tories-ndp-narrows-to-6-points-in-11th-hour-polling/article2005684/

Edited by Harry

Let me just come out and say it. Contrary to nit, punk and Harry, while I do wholeheartedly support the NDP, they absolutely will not win as many seats as you guys are predicting. I'm willing to bed when all is said and done, they will have roughly 26% of the popular vote and a similar number of seats (80?). I don't see them breaking 80. All the hype is great, but I'm pessimistic about it materializing.

Nevertheless, I will be at the polls tomorrow voting for my local NDP candidate, Liberals be damned. I don't care if they were closer to winning the riding in 2008. They don't represent what I want for Canada.

Agreed and agreed.

I too am voting NDP, and I'm gratified by the swell of pre-election support. But I'm dubious about how it will ultimately play out.

I'm assuming a notable increase in seats, but certainly not at the level some are predicting.

Though to be fair, if anyone had predicted the current situation even a couple of months ago, I would have scoffed at that too.....

I think the NDP will get about 28% of the vote tomorrow, with about 65 seats.

The big unknown is Quebec. it is clear now that the NDP will get the highest percentage, but by how much remains unclear. Most importantly, I think the NDP vote will be highly concentrated in urban areas - Montreal, Gatineau, and (a bit surprizingly) Quebec City. Big victories in the ridings they'll win, but I don't think they'll get more than a dozen. Or I could be wrong on the concentration, and they could get about 30 seats. Which would put them at about 80 for the whole country.

Doer is the only NDP'er who is worth a damn lately. He did a fine job out your way.

According to the Manitoba local I talk to often, Gary Doer's "fine job" was vastly overrated.

According to the Manitoba local I talk to often, Gary Doer's "fine job" was vastly overrated.

Then you talk to the wrong local. Greg Sellinger will lose the next election simply because he isn't Gary Doer. Gary Doer did an excellent job here. He brought us from near zero economic growth to being the fastest growing province economically before the recession came. Right now were still middle of the pack. He took us from zero population growth to having our largest growth years ever. He took us from a healthcare system that was very very broken to one that works generally well for all Manitobans. We won't do any better for a long, long, time.

To paraphrase George W. Bush's statement about Kerry's position on the Iraq war, he was for forced sterilization until he was against it.