Union Busting in Wisconsin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't quote it if it wasn't true.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/116492008.html?page=1

Now the question really is when and if the general strike comes down who will people side with, their friends and family or Walker.

Thanks for the link. It seems the governor is not respectful of the majority. Maybe he is bought and paid for by the business community.

Seems that the unionists are not respectful of the majority.

It is to be hoped that all the bleeding heart whiners who were too sick to report to work, but loud enough to spew vulgar obscenities on picket lines, carrying Hitler-moustached images of Scott Walker will be docked the appropriate days of pay. Along with the State Senators who chose to refuse to do their duty as elected representatives of the people of Wisconsin.

Fire the unionists now and the duty-shirking Senators at the next election.

Unions became obsolete about the same time as the buggy whip.

Edited by Yukon Jack

Seems that the unionists are not respectful of the majority.

It is to be hoped that all the bleeding heart whiners who were too sick to report to work, but loud enough to spew vulgar obscenities on picket lines, carrying Hitler-moustached images of Scott Walker will be docked the appropriate days of pay. Along with the State Senators who chose to refuse to do their duty as elected representatives of the people of Wisconsin.

Fire the unionists now and the duty-shirking Senators at the next election.

Unions became obsolete about the same time as the buggy whip.

Good luck the last time some one tried to force State Senators back into the state it was Tom Delay. If I remember correctly the house ethics committee were pretty harsh with him over it.

See the problem is that the public sector unions don't care about anything else but themselves. They don't give a damn about a bad economy they want their raises no matter what.

Public union wages and benefits and pensions are far above that of the private sector. It's time to level the playing field.

The unions have far too much power. All the more reason to encourage private bidding processes and legislate a banning of strikes across the board. Make it illegal for them to collect any kind of government benefits as well while on strike.

Start arresting the strikers and throwing them in jail. The government has deep pockets and can outlast the strikers. Sooner or later the strikers will start starving to death and will go back to work or will quit.

Or else the government can start firing them all like Reagan did in the 1980's. Tha twas beautiful btw.

Edited by Mr.Canada

See the problem is that the public sector unions don't care about anything else but themselves. They don't give a damn about a bad economy they want their raises no matter what.

Public union wages and benefits and pensions are far above that of the private sector. It's time to level the playing field.

The unions have far too much power. All the more reason to encourage private bidding processes and legislate a banning of strikes across the board. Make it illegal for them to collect any kind of government benefits as well while on strike.

Start arresting the strikers and throwing them in jail. The government has deep pockets and can outlast the strikers. Sooner or later the strikers will start starving to death and will go back to work or will quit.

Or else the government can start firing them all like Reagan did in the 1980's. Tha twas beautiful btw.

Have you worked in a unionized workplace, Mr. Canada?

Edited by pinko

The people who are against unions no matter if they are public or private are people who are either in management or who wish have had a job in a union! There are some bad apples in unions but there also bad apples in corporations who treat their employees like dirt and that is why unions were formed in the first place to help protect the workers. Corporations and others are out to get rid of any kind of union in North America and then there will be no pensions and people will have to live on very low wages, is that what you anti-unions want? BTW, if you think you couldn't lose your job, twice about that, there are millions are people in NA that thought that.

Corporations and others are out to get rid of any kind of union in North America and then there will be no pensions and people will have to live on very low wages, is that what you anti-unions want?

1. The people with the highest wages are not unionized.

2. Public sector employees are not at any risk of having to live on "very low wages".

3. There is no reason whatsoever for pensions to be tied to one's employment. We have a national pension plan and, additionally, people have RRSPs and TFSAs to save for their own retirements.

The people who are against unions no matter if they are public or private are people who are either in management or who wish have had a job in a union! There are some bad apples in unions but there also bad apples in corporations who treat their employees like dirt and that is why unions were formed in the first place to help protect the workers. Corporations and others are out to get rid of any kind of union in North America and then there will be no pensions and people will have to live on very low wages, is that what you anti-unions want? BTW, if you think you couldn't lose your job, twice about that, there are millions are people in NA that thought that.

My own experience with unions is short but rather conclusive.

I was hired at a major manufacturer as a labourer. I was on a four-month probationary period during which I was not supposed to be sick, complain about the itch the compounds I worked with caused, the noise, the dirt and the smell of the working place.

I was one three-men crew. There was one operator and two alternating between "heavy end" and "light end", the heavy end being the person who brought the skids of raw rubber to the mixing machine and the light end being the person who weighed all the ingredients added to the raw rubber in the mixing macine. We were all on piece work as a crew, and the more we mixed, the more pay we made.

Now, the raw rubber skids were piled there with power trucks, while the heavy end person was supposed to use a manually operated truck to bring the skid to the mixer. One day, when I was on the heavy end I had trouble to extricate the required skid of rubber and yelled over to my crew-mates to come and give me a hand to get the skid free. They answered: "F--k you it's not my job". So the mixer ran idle and the crew made no money while I sweat bullets to free the skid of rubber from the mess, so I could bring it to the mixer.

That day I made up my mind that unions are not for me. As soon as my four month probationary period ended I applied for a managerial training program, to which - gratefully - I was accepted and I was - even more gratefully - able to say goodbye to the Union.

In the following years I gladly and happily worked through strikes, work slow-downs and took pride walking/driving through picket lines and wore the shouts of "SCAB" as a badge of honour.

I retired after 37 years of service, and after earning my company's World Wide Spirit Award.

All without the help of union. Those of us with courage and guts and even more importantly those of us who realize our own strengths and weaknesses and happy with what we achieve ourselves don't need thugs to speak for us.

Edited by Yukon Jack

My own experience with unions is short but rather conclusive.

I was hired at a major manufacturer as a labourer. I was on a four-month probationary period during which I was not supposed to be sick, complain about the itch the compounds I worked with caused, the noise, the dirt and the smell of the working place.

I was one three-men crew. There was one operator and two alternating between "heavy end" and "light end", the heavy end being the person who brought the skids of raw rubber to the mixing machine and the light end being the person who weighed all the ingredients added to the raw rubber in the mixing macine. We were all on piece work as a crew, and the more we mixed, the more pay we made.

Now, the raw rubber skids were piled there with power trucks, while the heavy end person was supposed to use a manually operated truck to bring the skid to the mixer. One day, when I was on the heavy end I had trouble to extricate the required skid of rubber and yelled over to my crew-mates to come and give me a hand to get the skid free. They answered: "F--k you it's not my job". So the mixer ran idle and the crew made no money while I sweat bullets to free the skid of rubber from the mess, so I could bring it to the mixer.

That day I made up my mind that unions are not for me. As soon as my four month probationary period ended I applied for a managerial training program, to which - gratefully - I was accepted and I was - even more gratefully - able to say goodbye to the Union.

In the following years I gladly and happily worked through strikes, work slow-downs and took pride walking/driving through picket lines and wore the shouts of "SCAB" as a badge of honour.

I retired after 37 years of service, and after earning my company's World Wide Spirit Award.

All without the help of union.

As a scab you demonstrated that you are a low life. Maybe you should crawl back under that rock from which you came. It is unfortunate your parents spawned such a creature.

You were just one of a long line of management lackeys.

Edited by pinko

As a scab you demonstrated that you are a low life. Maybe you should crawl back under that rock from which you came. It is unfortunate your parents spawned such a creature.

You were just one of a long line of management lackeys.

The REAL low life is the thug who demands dues from those who are unwilling to pay it. The REAL low life is the thug who then uses that extorted money to support the sworn enemy of the unwilling donor. The REAL low life is the thug who is ready to force an innocent hard worker to walk on a picket line in support of a strike which will not in a hundred years make up for the lost wages during that strike. The REAL low life is the thug who would deny the right for anyone to work and earn a living. The REAL low life is the thug who demands that a slug gets the same pay as a diligent hard worker. The REAL low life is the thug who thinks that everyone is equal, but some (i.e. unionists) are more equal than others. The REAL low life is the thug who is convinced that the union is always right. The REAL low life is the thug who calls any honourable person despicable names, but refuses to look in the mirror and see what he/she sees.

Edited by Yukon Jack

One of the first things that Ronald Reagan did after being elected President was busting the air traffic controllers' union. After bringing home the 52 hostages held for 444 days, due to Jimmy Carter's incredibly incompetency.

Congratulations, Governor Scott Walker! You are a real American hero!

Reagan did absolutely nothing to 'bring home' American hostages. They were released on inauguration day.

Scott Walker sounds like a typical Republican working for his constituents.

Of course, his constituents are millionaires, conservative PACs, special interest groups and the corporations and their lobby groups who in reality pay him far more than the taxpayers.

And few of the children of such people attend public school, so they don't really care what happens to the public schools.

Firing the greedy air traffic controllers did not hurt Reagan's chances for re-election.

Being an air traffic controller is a highly stressful job which requires a high degree of skill and training. They were making between $21,000 and $49,000 per year.

Contrast that with what Teachers, cops, firefighters, or for that matter, government clerks make and it doesn't seem at all impressive. I don't know anyone dumb enough to want a job that hard for such low pay, and as far as I know they are perpetually short-staffed.

After all, how can a parent trust his/her child in the care of a liar, who calls in sick, but walk the picket line and yells inane slogans?

As opposed to a politicians?

Teaching is not a "JOB". It is a calling, a devotion,

So they don't need to eat so we should pay them as little as possible, is that what you're saying?

Also, the vast majority of tax payers who's tax dollars fund these public sector workers make less money than the workers their taxes support. It's basically a reverse Robin Hood situation. Which makes it doubly disgusting. And these idiots and freeloaders have the nerve to protest. Hey public sector employees! Pay for your own f'ing pensions and benefits! Just like everybody else! A-holes!