Union Busting in Wisconsin

Public sector unions need to have their collective bargaining ended. Theyre not the same as private sector union which operate under the same economic realities that the rest of us operate under. Theyre basically monopolies.

Given the growing tendency to screw over workers and to buy off politicians so you can do so I think the problem is a lack of unions in the private sector, not a surfeit of unions in the public sector.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To have meaningful discussion mutual respect is required.

Respect for unionists is strictly a one-way street. They say: Respect me or I break your leg. Or slash your tires. Or picket your private residence. Or harass your family.

I think you have been reading too many stories about the fifties.

Then why did so many people vote for him? He said he was going to do this.

There is a small-mindedness among many Americans. When they see ordinary Americans doing better than them they get jealous and want them punished.

Then, oddly, when they see multi-millionaires reaping the rewards of theft, corruption and bribery, they admire them as though they were reality TV stars.

Being an air traffic controller is a highly stressful job which requires a high degree of skill and training. They were making between $21,000 and $49,000 per year.

Contrast that with what Teachers, cops, firefighters, or for that matter, government clerks make and it doesn't seem at all impressive. I don't know anyone dumb enough to want a job that hard for such low pay, and as far as I know they are perpetually short-staffed.

As opposed to a politicians?

So they don't need to eat so we should pay them as little as possible, is that what you're saying?

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word: "MERIT".

If you were not, you would know that those who deserve what they earn, deserve what they earn. And those who don't, only GET, not earn what they get, thanks(?) to free-loader-supporting unions.

Edited by Yukon Jack

Given the growing tendency to screw over workers and to buy off politicians so you can do so I think the problem is a lack of unions in the private sector, not a surfeit of unions in the public sector.

Private sector unions at least have to deal with economic realities. In fact, many private sector union employees are having their taxes used to fund these greedy and unrealistic public employees. Again, like a reverse Robin Hood system. It's disgusting.

See the problem is that the public sector unions don't care about anything else but themselves. They don't give a damn about a bad economy they want their raises no matter what.

Without a raise, the cost of living means you make less money. Why would they NOT want a raise? It's not like the money is a major part of the enormous wasteful spending governments engage in every single year.

Public union wages and benefits and pensions are far above that of the private sector. It's time to level the playing field.

I agree. We need a lot more unionization in the private sector so the private sector workers aren't screwed over so much.

Also, the vast majority of tax payers who's tax dollars fund these public sector workers make less money than the workers their taxes support. It's basically a reverse Robin Hood situation. Which makes it doubly disgusting. And these idiots and freeloaders have the nerve to protest. Hey public sector employees! Pay for your own f'ing pensions and benefits! Just like everybody else! A-holes!

Public sector workers pay an awful lot of their paycheques into their pensions every month.

Nobody pays for their own benefits. That's why they're called BENEFITS!

Were you surprised to learn that the auto workers never paid anything into their pensions - ever?

People have a cliche'd view of public sector benefits. There are many in the private sector which are better.

Workers who show respect get respect.

That's simplistic twaddle. I've worked any number of places where the employer screwed over workers at every possible opportunity, including firing them at the first hint they were no longer capable of working at a top rate, regardless of years of service or illness. That's assume they were ever hired permanently at all. A lot of employers try to avoid paying any benefits or giving any raises by keeping people on rotating terms. Wal-Mart does that a lot. It hires for a year, then, if you've been a good, obedient little robot and never complained about working conditions, or unpaid overtime, they'll 're-hire' you after a one day break.

Reagan did absolutely nothing to 'bring home' American hostages. They were released on inauguration day.

Scott Walker sounds like a typical Republican working for his constituents.

Of course, his constituents are millionaires, conservative PACs, special interest groups and the corporations and their lobby groups who in reality pay him far more than the taxpayers.

And few of the children of such people attend public school, so they don't really care what happens to the public schools.

Scotty, Scotty you naive little boy (girl?)

The very election and presence of Ronald Reagan scared the Iranian thugs out of their skirts.

There has been none such since 1988. Hence the Taliban, AlQaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, Ahmedinejad and of course, 9/11/.

A United States President should have enough presence to scare potential agressors.

It is safe to say that Obama only scared the Hell out of ant hill on the White House lawn. To the rest of them he apologized.

Workers who show respect get respect. And of course, workers who get respect, show respect.

Which, by definition, rules out unions.

As a union rep I dealt with many a scumbag like you. With your attitude it is a wonder you weren't given an attitude adjustment. I think you know what I mean.

That's simplistic twaddle. I've worked any number of places where the employer screwed over workers at every possible opportunity, including firing them at the first hint they were no longer capable of working at a top rate, regardless of years of service or illness. That's assume they were ever hired permanently at all. A lot of employers try to avoid paying any benefits or giving any raises by keeping people on rotating terms. Wal-Mart does that a lot. It hires for a year, then, if you've been a good, obedient little robot and never complained about working conditions, or unpaid overtime, they'll 're-hire' you after a one day break.

Yours is THE simplistic twaddle.

If you were such an excellent employee, why did you work at "any number of places"? Unable hold unto a job? Were you "screwed over" when you did not deserve to be screwed over? Did you always work at your "top rate" or did you slow down after a few years (or perhaps months or weeks)? Did you ever give your employer cause that you consider yourself nothing but an 'obedient little robot' and rebelled against it?

My 37 years of service at the same company proves that respect earns respect without unions.

As a union rep I dealt with many a scumbag like you. With your attitude it is a wonder you weren't given an attitude adjustment. I think you know what I mean.

pinko, is having your tires slashed an attitude adjustment? Is having your car damaged an attitude adjustment? Is calling you at all hours of the night with threatening call, heavy breathing or just plain silence an attitude adjustment?

Yeah, I know what you mean! You probably decry the fact that I was not actually, bodily harmed by your union "brothers". And it probably doubly pisses you off that my slashed tires were replaced free of charge by my employer and so was the body repair on my car, inflicted by your ever-loving union "brothers".

And here is a bonus for you: I always enjoyed being a "SCAB" and would still be and do it, alas, my age and deteriorating physical condition prevents me to do so.

Scotty, Scotty you naive little boy (girl?)

The very election and presence of Ronald Reagan scared the Iranian thugs out of their skirts.

There has been none such since 1988. Hence the Taliban, AlQaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, Ahmedinejad and of course, 9/11/.

A United States President should have enough presence to scare potential agressors.

It is safe to say that Obama only scared the Hell out of ant hill on the White House lawn. To the rest of them he apologized.

Yah I agree Reagan had a large roll in creating the Taliban, Alqaida,, Hezbollah, Iran although I don't think he played such a huge roll in creating Hamas. I would argue that fact but the other ones were almost all directly associated with the Reagan presidency. Glade we can agree on that one. \

Its getting worse for the Union Busters. It is no longer 52% against 45% for like the poll taken 2 days ago says. A new poll done today has 65% against Walkers plan and 31% for. Tables of public opinion are turning a letter went out today from current and former Packers players supporting the public unions. Things aren't looking good, in NJ at least Christie was able to stop the bleeding with his persona I don't think Rocks for brains Walker really has the fight in him the Governor of NJ has we will see.

http://www.wispolitics.com/1006/BSW_POLL_PRESS_RELEASE_FEB_17___2011.pdf

Right now it also appears Walker is trying in violation of state law move the his budget speech outside the State Ledg because he fears the protests of some 40,000-50,000 people gearing up to have their voice heard on Tues. We will see what happens.

Edited by punked

pinko, is having your tires slashed an attitude adjustment? Is having your car damaged an attitude adjustment? Is calling you at all hours of the night with threatening call, heavy breathing or just plain silence an attitude adjustment?

Yeah, I know what you mean! You probably decry the fact that I was not actually, bodily harmed by your union "brothers". And it probably doubly pisses you off that my slashed tires were replaced free of charge by my employer and so was the body repair on my car, inflicted by your ever-loving union "brothers".

And here is a bonus for you: I always enjoyed being a "SCAB" and would still be and do it, alas, my age and deteriorating physical condition prevents me to do so.

No doubt. Maybe some cockroach spray properly applied might have been applicable. You never know when your behaviour as a scab will come back to haunt you. I would take pleasure in giving you an attitude adjustment myself if that were a suitable option.

By the way my health isn't failing.

Edited by pinko

Public sector workers pay an awful lot of their paycheques into their pensions every month.

I wish that were true. It would make taxpayers feel a lot better, instead of being on the hook to make up the difference in public sector defined benefit pension programs, like in New Jersey, New York, and California. That are tens of billions of dollars in the red.

Nobody pays for their own benefits. That's why they're called BENEFITS!

That's not true. People contribute a part of their salary to their health benefits, etc. Unless of course you work for a public sector union. Then you pay virtually nothing. Or in some cases actually nothing. And let tax payers pay for you.

Were you surprised to learn that the auto workers never paid anything into their pensions - ever?

That's not true. But even if it was. That's between them and their employers. It's not up to the tax payers to make up for it.

People have a cliche'd view of public sector benefits. There are many in the private sector which are better.

Who cares? What somebody decides to pay for their benefits with THEIR OWN MONEY doesn't concern me. It's people that leech off of others that does. Stop trying to conflate the issue. It's not about private sector unions. They compete, and they're subjetcted to economic realites. It's public sector unions that act as monopolies, and try to remain sheltered from reality. Well, that time is over now. Thankfully.

Workers who show respect get respect. And of course, workers who get respect, show respect.

Which, by definition, rules out unions.

That'sure unadulterated,company lovingbullshite...

It is true that unions sometimes protect lazy workers.Being a union member,I've seen it with my own eyes...

But having worked in non-union shops in my time,I've seen a equally disgusting group of people protected...

Namely family members,"Yes!men",and,rats.These can combinations of any,and all of those three...

Ever wonder why wages in a non-union shop are kept a nice little secret?

It's mainly because management does'nt want anyone to know what the previous groupd makes above everyone else.In every non union shop I've worked in,it's this group that gets paid the most and gets the most wiggle room,regardless of their actual skill and ability (I'm a tradesman,by the way...Metal trades to be specific).This is because this disgusting group of people is the eyes and ears of management and get paid for what they do for management,NOT what they actually do.

I would be remiss if I did'nt mention the fact that in every non union shop I've worked in,the wages,and most importantly,the health and safety aspec,is far lower...

But don't say anything about those things,because the family members,"Yes! men",and the rats will go tell management and all of a sudden...You'll be labeled as someone who's "Not a team player" or "has a bad attitude"...

As for you ,Yukon....

You clearly fall into two of those three categories...

I wish you would have crossed any picket line I was involved in because I would have gladly given you a Louisville Slugger emblem imprint on your forehead...

I'd do it for free,chump!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

Yours is THE simplistic twaddle.

If you were such an excellent employee, why did you work at "any number of places"? Unable hold unto a job? Were you "screwed over" when you did not deserve to be screwed over? Did you always work at your "top rate" or did you slow down after a few years (or perhaps months or weeks)? Did you ever give your employer cause that you consider yourself nothing but an 'obedient little robot' and rebelled against it?

My 37 years of service at the same company proves that respect earns respect without unions.

No...

It just means you bought the company line...

In other words,an unwitting useful idiot or a suckhole...

Take your pick!

The protests today were some 40,000 strong this is the crowd which could not fit into the State legislature today voicing their opinion on their Governor.

I also have heard a rumor Darling is the first on the recall list, 24,811 signatures needed in the first day they are somewhere in the 1000-5000 signature range. Although all rumors.

Edited by punked

As a scab you demonstrated that you are a low life. Maybe you should crawl back under that rock from which you came. It is unfortunate your parents spawned such a creature.

You were just one of a long line of management lackeys.

Sickening that you would hate someone so much merely for going to work.

Never mind that unions were instrumental in the creation of the middle class.

Never mind that unions were instrumental in creating workplace safety laws, and anti child labour laws, and a whole host of other labour laws designed to protect workers.

Never mind that the the employers agree to union contracts. If they pay a smaller percentage for health coverage and pension contributions that other workers in the private sector, its the employers that did that. '

Never mind that the teachers and firefighters, road maintenance works, jail guards, etc. are working stiffs with families who deliver necessary services to the rest of their communities

Never mind that they pay taxes just like everyone else does (except the rich).

Nope, they are just lazy blood suckers who have caused financial havoc and are to blame for the budget crisis facing governments throught the US.

The protests today were some 40,000 strong this is the crowd which could not fit into the State legislature today voicing their opinion on their Governor.

Nice. You should post some of the video and pictures of the Walker is Hitler and Walker is a Nazi signs! Or does is just matter when it's supposidly the Tea Party? :rolleyes:

Where's the media? *crickets*

Sickening that you would hate someone so much merely for going to work.

I have never met the man. He may have some redeeming qualities but if he does he certainly doesn't show them here. Just because he shows up for work and is a company man does not, in and of itself, make him a decent person.