The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

I don't know of anyone who doesn't refer to them as license plates, much less anyone who wouldn't know what someone is referring to when talking about license plates. Methinks GWiz is "yanking your chain" as he likes to call it.

Shhush! :D

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, but the swearing diminishes your response and isn't needed... Besides, he's a Bushy American and can't help being crase and ignorant like his idol...

I've been a member of this site for years, and have never sworn.

I did so deliberately, because I felt it was deserving considering his post was probably the most arrogant, cowardly, and ignorant I've read ever read here.

Shucks....your record is now broken.

I did so deliberately, because I felt it was deserving considering his post was probably the most arrogant, cowardly, and ignorant I've read ever read here.

Coming from you, that's a great honor.

Has nothing to do with bravery....it is my free speech right to do so....DUH!

If you're going to invoke this kind of defense (ie - I have the right to make fun of your mother dying of cancer, therefor it's right for me to do so), after calling Egyptians cowards form the safety of your computer chair - do yourself a favour and don't expect anyone here to think you're anything other than a sad individual who dulls the pain of being socially inept by hurling vitriol at the easiest of targets - those who are oppressed and can't talk back to you.

You have absolutely no justification for your comment, and you know it.

So don't bother trying to explain rationally why Egyptians are cowards, it's okay. And don't worry, I don't expect you to retract that statement either - I know admitting even the most minor of mistakes is traumatic for you, so please, go ahead with the dance you always to distract from being held accountable for the crap that you write.

No...now I am "talking shit" to you...a bigger pinhead who is not so brave either.

It's the internet - no one can be brave online, but it is possible to NOT be a coward.

I'm talking directly to you, you're not talking to Egyptians - you're bashing them behind their back, when they don't even have the internet and are too busy doing something you'll never in your life do - overthrow a government.

So who really is pathetic in this situation?

Yes. I expect it to exceed Israel's in organization, freedom and providing a good life. The whole reason that the Muslim world and Arab world experiences violence, grinding poverty and other problems is Zionism and Israel. Otherwise the whole region from Morocco down to Nigeria and accross to Pakistan would be prosperous and free.

Here's something for you to chew on . . .

Under these dictatorships in the Arab World, the only issue that you could publicly protest was Israel, and the only ideology that you could really gather in groups to be a part of was religious ideology. Everything else was banned.

Ask yourself if you think there will be more or less rallies against Israel, and more or less Islamism if folks can freely protest corruption and brutality (things which absolutely affect their daily lives) and people can gather and write freely about all kinds of secular political ideologies.

I believe that with all these other options on the table, people will automatically gravitate towards things which have the potential to improve their daily lives the most - and in most cases, whatever Israel is doing takes a back seat to police beating a blogger to death who exposed cops taking money from a drug deal and extorting from local businesses.

If you're going to invoke this kind of defense (ie - I have the right to make fun of your mother dying of cancer, therefor it's right for me to do so), after calling Egyptians cowards form the safety of your computer chair - do yourself a favour and don't expect anyone here to think you're anything other than a sad individual who dulls the pain of being socially inept by hurling vitriol at the easiest of targets - those who are oppressed and can't talk back to you.

Oppressed? Free your mind and your ass will follow. THIRTY YEARS of oppression is PATHETIC...just as I stated. If you don't like my opinion that's fine, but it doesn't make me a "coward".

You have absolutely no justification for your comment, and you know it.

My comment is self evident.

So don't bother trying to explain rationally why Egyptians are cowards, it's okay. And don't worry, I don't expect you to retract that statement either - I know admitting even the most minor of mistakes is traumatic for you, so please, go ahead with the dance you always to distract from being held accountable for the crap that you write.

You are an ass...I never called them cowards, but you feel free to call me the same.

It's the internet - no one can be brave online, but it is possible to NOT be a coward.

It is also possible not to be a moron.

I'm talking directly to you, you're not talking to Egyptians - you're bashing them behind their back, when they don't even have the internet and are too busy doing something you'll never in your life do - overthrow a government.

I didn't have to....overthrowing yours was quite satisfying over 200 years ago.

So who really is pathetic in this situation?

You..and the Egyptians who have accepted their hapless fate for so long.

THIRTY YEARS of oppression is PATHETIC...just as I stated.

Why?

And what would you have done differently, being that you know what it's like to grow up and have your entire identity of as an individual formed within an oppressive regime, right?

Just how exactly are you able to know the daily reality of someone in a completely different situation than yours better than they know it themselves?

I didn't have to....overthrowing yours was quite satisfying over 200 years ago.

Come again?

Edited by JB Globe

Why?

Because other "oppressed" nations in the world have been able to cast off such governments. You've earned another DUH!

And what would you have done differently, being that you know what it's like to grow up and have your entire identity of as an individual formed within an oppressive regime, right?

I would first reject any of your disempowering, liberal rhetoric. That's what people like you told "visible minorities" for years. PATHETIC.

Just how exactly are you able to know the daily reality of someone in a completely different situation than yours better than they know it themselves?

The same way you think you do.

Come again?

No.

You've got to appreciate the sheer chutzpah of calling ordinary Egyptians cowards for having not lived free by someone who celebrates the same exceptionalism that's justified funding and supporting their oppression.

I mean that's a freedom worth hating if there ever was one.

This kind of moral dissonance is almost painful enough to make me want to run into a brick wall to stop it. It's no wonder people are inspired to fly into skyscrapers.

You've got to appreciate the sheer chutzpah of calling ordinary Egyptians cowards for having not lived free by someone who celebrates the same exceptionalism that's justified funding and supporting their oppression.

I mean that's a freedom worth hating if there ever was one.

This kind of moral dissonance is almost painful enough to make me want to run into a brick wall to stop it. It's no wonder people are inspired to fly into skyscrapers.

It is a sort of "Let them eat cake" level of complete and utter cluelessness,is'nt it?

Oh well...The man/woman admits to loving being an asshole...I suppose we should'nt expect anything other than a low brow attitude?

Please do....does it ever make you wonder why Canada supports the United States? Talk about cognitive dissonance...yikes!

PS...morality is irrelevant.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Please go fuck yourself.

eyeball...

Do yourself a favour and put this boor on ignore.I would'nt normally put anyone on that list,however this "person" has almost nothing to offer anyone here other than to act like the asshole he/she aims on being.

I did,and this place is better for it,at least from my perspective...

I don't think so. Tunisia yeah, Egypt yeah but they're not connected. Isolated protests through Jordan and Morocco isn't exactly surprising. This stuff is a regular occurance in the Middle East. What's happening in Egypt is making what's happening in other countries seem that much more important.

Well the stuff in Lebanon is also important as well. People are getting sick of dictators and tyranny. When you lose everything, you lose it. But it is correct, the other stuff is more important because of this occurrence.

I saw that you were a "seasoned" member and just thought throw my 2 cents in as a way of introducing myself... :D

Well the stuff in Lebanon is also important as well. People are getting sick of dictators and tyranny. When you lose everything, you lose it. But it is correct, the other stuff is more important because of this occurrence.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this,but,I've seen people try to correlate what's going on in North Africa with what happened in Eastern Europe in the late '80's.

I watched The Agenda Friday night on TVO and they had a Middle East expert on cautioning people to not think this way because the situations are different.He said in the Warsaw Pact countries their was a common focal point of Communism via Moscow being the enemy...That was true....

The situation now is very different,unless despotic Fascist dictatorships are the focal point.For example,the issue in Egypt and Tunisia is based on unemployment and a disenfranchisement of the youth in those countries.In Lebanon,it has alot more to do with Syrian meddling in internal affairs.In Morroacco and Jordan,it seems to be an antipathy toward monarchies.In Syria,it might nave something to do with a minority (the Alewites) leading a majority....

Do yourself a favour and put this boor on ignore.I would'nt normally put anyone on that list,however this "person" has almost nothing to offer anyone here other than to act like the asshole he/she aims on being.

Hey...if I put myself on ignore would that be like effing myself? Just wondering.

So Islamofacsist running amok in Canada have replaced your Leftist/Communist bogeyman during your recent self imposed absence?

Sharia Law in 10 to 20 years..

Thanks..

For sure. In the UK they already have Sharia Law in place today. Since the UK is about 10 years ahead of Canada in letting in massive waves of Muslim immigration I gave us another 10 years. By then we'll have Sharia law in place in Canada. Is this all too far fetched for you to believe or what? This is reality. Time to wake up and look outside what the CBC tells you.

Watching CNN right now...

Interviews on the streets of Cairo...

I just watch a bunch of young people say that

"We don't want Mubarak...He is supported by the US,UK,France,Germany,etc.....And he supports Israel!!

We hate them!

And those countries don't want us to be free because they know if we are free we will destroy Israel!!!"

Good thing propping up Fascist dictators never radicalizes people....

Anyone else think that if there was a real representative democracy in Egypt,we would probably see an Islamic theocracy come to fruition?

I realize this is a small sampling,however,thse were educated young people who were fluent in English.NOT stupid people who had not thought things through...

Edited by Jack Weber