Pentagon's Xmas present

Whatever helps you understand basic English. We can refine it later.

Yes...English is very important to you. We got a peek about such language anxieties (vs. French) many years ago.

Irrelevant. All trolls are roughly the same.

No...American trolls are the best in the world. USA! USA! USA!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...English is very important to you. We got a peek about such language anxieties (vs. French) many years ago.

Well, unlike yourself, I believe it's a good idea to understand a few basic mechanics of my language. My excellent French countrymen feel similarly.

No...American trolls are the best in the world. USA! USA! USA!

Perhaps the most frightened. usa? usa? usa?

The reason I posted this was I thought it was a huge amount of money for any country in a recession and with the US having what, a trillion dollar national debt. My next question to BC would be how would you feel if both, Canadian and Americans realized that there was more to this perimeter security idea for North America and it real was a highway to make both countries becoming one? I don't think it would work and people on both sides of the border would rebel.

Well, unlike yourself, I believe it's a good idea to understand a few basic mechanics of my language. My excellent French countrymen feel similarly.

Whatever you say...I am not beholden to any single language like that. Your anxieties are your business.

Perhaps the most frightened. usa? usa? usa?

The most of all...fear is a great motivator.

The reason I posted this was I thought it was a huge amount of money for any country in a recession and with the US having what, a trillion dollar national debt.

I think you mean a trillion dollar plus budget deficit. The US national debt is about $14 trillion:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

The prevailing political wind in the USA is that short term deficits are acceptable to kick start the economy. That's what is referred to as "stimulus". The Canadian economy is very dependent on US consumption and growth. This forms the foundation for the love-hate anxiety so commonly displayed towards America.

My next question to BC would be how would you feel if both, Canadian and Americans realized that there was more to this perimeter security idea for North America and it real was a highway to make both countries becoming one? I don't think it would work and people on both sides of the border would rebel.

Frankly...if Canadians rebelled, I don't think anybody would notice.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Beats me...but thank you for a present of a different kind. This helps to explain why some Canadians watch the Americans so damn closely...and with much anxiety. Merry Xmas!

The irony of all your ranting about Canadians watching Americans "so damn closely" is that 18,000+ posts and a significant portion of your waking hours (and probably some of your sweet dreams too) are dedicated to caring obsessively about what us wee Canadians think about America/Americans.

Pot calling the kettle black.

The irony of all your ranting about Canadians watching Americans "so damn closely" is that 18,000+ posts and a significant portion of your waking hours (and probably some of your sweet dreams too) are dedicated to caring obsessively about what us wee Canadians think about America/Americans.

I welcome this observation, as it is intended. If my "obsession" is so strange, what does this say about a large part of an entire nation doing the same? I am but a single American.

Your racist analogy is noted. What's wrong with being called "black"?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I just noticed that as well. Quantity does not equal quality.

I welcome this observation, as it is intended. If my "obsession" is so strange, what does this say about a large part of an entire nation doing the same? I am but a single American.

Notice you're also the only American, as near as anyone around here can tell, who is so obsessed. That doesn't seem the least bit strange?

Nothing I do is an accident...including swatting bar fly triplets for amusement. It's part of the new Pentagon budget.

Barflies maybe, but Osama Bin Laden, geez, I wonder how much of the budget that guy has generated? Like a entire sector of the population is gainfully employed because of him. Barflies be damned!

Although I do respect the fact that you are also paying for the opportunity to swat barflies among other things. Money well spent in a free country no doubt.

I welcome this observation, as it is intended.

No it isn't. You don't devote 18,000 posts here to show irony.

If my "obsession" is so strange, what does this say about a large part of an entire nation doing the same? I am but a single American.

There's nothing strange about Canadians, or any other country, focusing closely on what the global superpower does. Would seem a logical thing to do.

What is strange is you focusing so closely on what people in another country think of yours, when, as you love to remind people, we have a very moderate-if-minimal impact on US and world affairs, and thus your life.

Would seem a better allocation of your time to focus more on what is happening in your country and in international affairs since it has a far larger impact on your life.

Your racist analogy is noted. What's wrong with being called "black"?

Thanks Omarosa, but what exactly is racist about it?