End of War in Iraq

CNN: Last U.S. combat convoy has left Iraq

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/08/18/iraq.combat.convoy/?iref=obinsite

So the shameful war started by the American Empire under a false pretext draws to a close…

A colossal failure on so many levels…

Secure the Oil production – FAILED…

Install a new stable puppet government – FAILED…

Train loyal Iraqi army to uphold the puppet government – FAILED…

Establish military bases to launch the attack against Iran from – FAILED…

I’m not mentioning not finding weapons of mass destruction as a failure – they knew full well there’s nothing there; looking for WMD in Iraq is the same as looking for Osama in Waziristan or Santa Claus on the North pole…

Next stop – Colossal Failure in Afghanistan…

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNN: Last U.S. combat convoy has left Iraq

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/08/18/iraq.combat.convoy/?iref=obinsite

So the shameful war started by the American Empire under a false pretext draws to a close…

America has no empire. You might want to look up the definition of the term.

...Removal of Saddam Hussein's regime in accordance with US Public Law....SUCCESS!

...World's kargest embassy in Baghdad.....SUCCESS!

...Oil services contracts for American (and Canadian) contractors...SUCCESS!

...More Mideast bases for American forces....SUCCESS!

...Democratic government in Iraq...SUCCESS!

...BONUS - Libya rolls over on nuke weapons development...SUCCESS!

...Removal of Saddam Hussein's regime in accordance with US Public Law....SUCCESS!

Very debatable that US law can possibly extend in that way to foreign nations.

...World's kargest embassy in Baghdad.....SUCCESS!

I guess in the same way that the world's largest twine ball is a success.

...Oil services contracts for American (and Canadian) contractors...SUCCESS!

I suppose so, but the cost has been pretty enormous, and it's very debatable that the US will ever see the money it's put into Iraq out the other side.

...More Mideast bases for American forces....SUCCESS!

And still no one will attack Iran.

...Democratic government in Iraq...SUCCESS!

Fragile democratic government.

...BONUS - Libya rolls over on nuke weapons development...SUCCESS!

Reagan dealt with Libya much cheaper.

But it's a little early to tell whether it will work or not. Considering 50,000 US troops are staying, this is just another version of Bush's idiotic announcement that the war was over.

Edited by ToadBrother

Very debatable that US law can possibly extend in that way to foreign nations.

That's what Saddam thought too....he was wrong.

I guess in the same way that the world's largest twine ball is a success.

People line up for blocks just to see it!

I suppose so, but the cost has been pretty enormous, and it's very debatable that the US will ever see the money it's put into Iraq out the other side.

A very Canadian concern..as always.

And still no one will attack Iran.

Saddam did.

Yep...that's how the Americans started too...how do you like us now?

Reagan dealt with Libya much cheaper.

See above comment.

LOL! The USA has been in Germany, Japan, and Korea for over 50 years. Just add Iraq to the list.

And so it has, but there are finite limits to any state's ability to do such things. I simply don't see how Iraq will be worth it in the end, seeing as it is seems almost certain that Iran will gain the bomb long before any American president is willing to go out on the limb for another foreign adventure.

Time will tell, but I have a suspicion that Iraq will rank somewhere along side the Spanish-American War as the less-than-stellar foreign wars, and not along side successes like the Mexican-American War or WWII.

And so it has, but there are finite limits to any state's ability to do such things. I simply don't see how Iraq will be worth it in the end, seeing as it is seems almost certain that Iran will gain the bomb long before any American president is willing to go out on the limb for another foreign adventure.

Was Germany, Japan, or Korea "worth it"? No balls...no blue chips....and it wasn't just the Americans.

Time will tell, but I have a suspicion that Iraq will rank somewhere along side the Spanish-American War as the less-than-stellar foreign wars, and not along side successes like the Mexican-American War or WWII.

That's why we have the wars....to see what happens...in time. So far...so good.

See F-35 Lightning II....or Gun Registry....or Afghanistan...or GM. Iraq 2003 was never suppose to "make money".

It was supposed to make money for some people and those people made a mint.

Trillions of dollars were siezed from US tax payers and the vast majority of that money will end up in the pockets of government lobbying and well connected US companies.

And it will literally be centuries until the US tax payer is done paying for this.

But nice work! Enjoy your 3 trillion dollar embassy :lol:

See F-35 Lightning II....or Gun Registry....or Afghanistan...or GM. Iraq 2003 was never suppose to "make money".

And such debates don't take place in other countries? See constellation program... or the superconducting super collider... or the F-22 Raptor... or the bailout of financial companies. Determining whether something is financially worthwhile is certainly no less an American concern than it is a Canadian one.

It was supposed to make money for some people and those people made a mint.

Good for them...including the Canadian contractors and PM Martin!

Trillions of dollars were siezed from US tax payers and the vast majority of that money will end up in the pockets of government lobbying and well connected US companies.

Nonsense....we save "Trillions" for other fun projects like "free health care". LOL!

And it will literally be centuries until the US tax payer is done paying for this.

So what? The UK didn't pay off WW2 debt until 2006.

But nice work! Enjoy your 3 trillion dollar embassy :lol:

We will....I wonder what Canada's looks like?

And such debates don't take place in other countries? See constellation program... or the superconducting super collider... or the F-22 Raptor... or the bailout of financial companies. Determining whether something is financially worthwhile is certainly no less an American concern than it is a Canadian one.

Yes it is....Canadians sweat the nickels and dimes a lot more. Oh NO! We have a D-E-F-I-C-I-T. Yipes!

If you have to ask how much...you can't afford it!

Yes it is....Canadians sweat the nickels and dimes a lot more. Oh NO! We have a D-E-F-I-C-I-T. Yipes!

I think you're totally wrong on this. For example I live in Seattle right now, and there is a big $4.2 billion project to replace a viaduct with a tunnel, and that is generating TONS of controversy and debate about who is paying, what kind of deficits it will create in whose budgets, whether it's worth it, whether it will go over budget, etc. This debate is no less extensive or heated than the similar debates I recently witnessed in Vancouver over similar issues, like the Canada line tunnel.

I think you're totally wrong on this. For example I live in Seattle right now, and there is a big $4.2 billion project to replace a viaduct with a tunnel, and that is generating TONS of controversy and debate about who is paying, what kind of deficits it will create in whose budgets, whether it's worth it, whether it will go over budget, etc. This debate is no less extensive or heated than the similar debates I recently witnessed in Vancouver over similar issues, like the Canada line tunnel.

Not only that but theres quite a debate raging down there about the US debt and defecit and the fact its causing the dollar to collapse. BC is really just trying to push peoples buttons about this kind of stuff though... He knows little about it, and cares probably even less.

Not only that but theres quite a debate raging down there about the US debt and defecit and the fact its causing the dollar to collapse. BC is really just trying to push peoples buttons about this kind of stuff though... He knows little about it, and cares probably even less.

Yup, there's certainly a big national debate about the deficit and what it impact it is having/will have in the US. Hardly only a "Canadian" concern.

And its working too....ZING! How much for that F-35 in the window?

Guest American Woman

All democratic governments are fragile in the beginning. It takes time for them to gain strength, so we can't realistically expect any more than what is. All we can do is hope for the best. The reality that it's a "fragile" democratic government is in no way any indication of a failure in that regard. It's up to the Iraqi people, over time, to increase its strength.

Which reminds me of a beauty quote from an eminent Canadian, Northrop Frye:

“Americans like to make money; Canadians like to audit it. I know no other country where accountants have a higher social and moral status.”

:lol: