End of War in Iraq

False choice. It's not a "if you don't like Obama's stimulus, then you don't want a stimulus at all" issue. A properly constructed stimulus would have had a much greater effect.

:lol: You're a riot. Have you figured out if Obama's a Muslim yet?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: You're a riot.

Aww. Have you run out of false choices and strawman arguments? :rolleyes:

Virtually everyone supported a stimulus. But many people disliked the way Obama and the Democrats designed it. And now we know why. Because it wasn't as effective as it could have been. It was full of useless pork projects and government programs.

Hey, i think Obama forgot to tell everyone about all the private mercs still in Iraq contracted by the US gov.

Who cares. I'd rather have them in harms way than a 20 year old kid from Richmond, Virginia. Besides, private security firms have new strict guidelines they have to operate under, because of the problems of a couple of years ago.

At least 50 people have been killed in a series of apparently co-ordinated bomb attacks across Iraq:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11081603

Whoever is in charge in Iraq today - it is not the Americans or their dysfunctional puppet government.

Unless, of course they or a member of the "coalition of the willing" are behind the attacks...

;)

Edited by PoliticalCitizen

Why? Do you consider 18 year olds to be brainless automata who are incapable of being aware of anything?

In terms of being educated/informed on the true motivations/actions/ramifications of their government's foreign policy and on international relations/global politics as a whole, the vast majority yes.

I was a smart lad but knew poop-all at 18 and, politically, thought mostly what my parents thought. That clubhouse is a big one.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Methinks your analysis has had a wing clipping effect on MLW's hawks. Either that or the 'arm-chair generals' went for a lengthy bathroom break. :D

:)

That's kind of you to say, but I believe their frail wings are unclippable. If all else fails, they'll ask why I don't "support the troops," or some similarly brilliant argument.

Edited by bloodyminded

In 2003, Iraq was already 16 countries from the bottom of an annual ranking on perceived corruption. It's only gotten worse, being listed in 2009 as the fourth most corrupt country along with Sudan, and ahead only of Sudan, Myanmar, Afghanistan and Somalia.

Source: Transparency International

Richard Engel: Iraqi corruption is insidious and appears to be getting worse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38948947/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/

"It's time to turn the page..."

"We won! We won!...."

In 2003, Iraq was already 16 countries from the bottom of an annual ranking on perceived corruption. It's only gotten worse, being listed in 2009 as the fourth most corrupt country along with Sudan, and ahead only of Sudan, Myanmar, Afghanistan and Somalia.

Source: Transparency International

Richard Engel: Iraqi corruption is insidious and appears to be getting worse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38948947/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/

"It's time to turn the page..."

"We won! We won!...."

Two of the countries invaded for War on Terror are on that list. And either Somalia or Yemen will be the next target. There is a lot of talk about action in Yemen.

Yes they freed the Iraqis to be as corrupt as they want to be. How's that for US Policy for regime change in Iraq. The US created this mess. That much is clear. And they have really no clue how to fix the issue.

Shady don't you find it ironic for blaming Obama for the debt when Bush was in power?

I blame him for making things much worse. Bush's debt and spending but on steroids.

If you can blame him for that, then he can take credit for this because as you say, he IS the POTUS.

What is he taking credit for? Two American soldiers were killed in Iraq today. Nine were wounded.

I blame him for making things much worse. Bush's debt and spending but on steroids.

What is he taking credit for? Two American soldiers were killed in Iraq today. Nine were wounded.

Yah Iraq has only cost 3.5 Trillion right? Peanuts.

BTW you really know nothing about the situation in Iraq do you? You do know that those Americans were killed not by terrorists or by insurgents but by a solider they were training and who they had a fight with over a sports argument. Seems like the US has indeed did what you so hoped for they exported their way of life to Iraq.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13062645

DENVER, NC (WBTV) - Authorities say a statistical argument about sports led to one man killing another outside of a Denver restaurant early Sunday morning.

Long live freedom and cheese burgers let the free market take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to put tags or demonize smb but president Obama is surely leading some fuzzy line in Iraq. He was quick to declare withdrawal of troops from that country. But it seems that was just kind of smoke screen and in fact the military just put their responsibilities on numerous guarding and other ‘civilian’ firms. Frankly, I can’t get it how they can really embrace all those challenges in Iraq.

And there are lots of people now who’re feeling to be just cheated. These are people who saw the withdrawal as proof of the successfully fulfilled American mission in Iraq. These are the GIs (brother of mine among’em) who were cynically offered to rotate to ‘vacant positions in security firms’. I think Billy did absolutely rightly when refused it on the spot. Risking life for minute money is job for mentally handicapped guys….

Next stop – Colossal Failure in Afghanistan…

Did you ever hear the like? It has been found that in reality the money, which the Pentagon has officially placed in protection of munitioning US troops in Afghanistan, were passed to Talibs by US contingent Command as peculiar rate for secure transit of US supplies through the territory, controlled by Taliban’s militants!

For crying out loud! US military “experts” purposely sponsor Talibs in order to protract this ill-fated war endlessly, don’t they?