Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

To tell you the truth, I've stopped caring about this threat and its contents. 114 pages of regurgitated crap, I tried to avoid getting back into this thread, but then I said, meh, screw it, let's have some fun. Because when in Idiot Land.....

I see many things here, most are of which I do not want to see. But there you go. No offense AW but you have changed as of late, or is it the full moon this week.

Umm. No. I'm not the one who has changed. I question this one mosque, because of the property, and I've been accused of being a bigot, of not admitting "what I really think," of hating all Muslims, of being against all mosques, of being against this mosque being built.... and on and on it goes. That's not me changing; the problem doesn't lie with me. It's you all, who can't seem to recognize someone else's actual viewpoint, whether you agree with it or not. You have to keep making it about something else, and pardon me if I get testy over that when I've explained myself over and over again.

You made an asinine response to my post, the one you quoted, and when I pointed out that it had nothing to do with what I said, your response is "which one? which post?" as if I'm the one with the problem.

I'm more than willing to have a civil discussion about this topic with anyone who responds to what I actually say/think. It's what I hoped for when I started this thread. I'm not looking for agreement; you have as much a right to your opinion as I do. But that's the bottom line. I have a right to my opinion about this ONE ISSUE too, and it would be nice if people recognized and responded to what I actually write.

So you might want to look into your own behavior before you go judging mine.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the IRA or ETA because of terrorism...

Does that make me anti-Catholic or anti-Basque????

No, but if you let your dislike of the IRA or ETA cause you to become anti-catholic like many westerners have allowed their dislike of Alqeada to make the Islamiphobic then you would be a bigot.

Umm. No. I'm not the one who has changed. I question this one mosque, because of the property, and I've been accused of being a bigot, of not admitting "what I really think," of hating all Muslims, of being against all mosques, of being against this mosque being built.... and on and on it goes. That's not me changing; the problem doesn't lie with me. It's you all, who can't seem to recognize someone else's actual viewpoint, whether you agree with it or not. You have to keep making it about something else, and pardon me if I get testy over that when I've explained myself over and over again.

You made an asinine response to my post, the one you quoted, and when I pointed out that it had nothing to do with what I said, your response is "which one? which post?" as if I'm the one with the problem.

I'm more than willing to have a civil discussion about this topic with anyone who responds to what I actually say/think. It's what I hoped for when I started this thread. I'm not looking for agreement; you have as much a right to your opinion as I do. But that's the bottom line. I have a right to my opinion about this ONE ISSUE too, and it would be nice if people recognized and responded to what I actually write.

So you might want to look into your own behavior before you go judging mine.

:lol::lol:

Not into the dudes...

I was called homophobic for saying that at Rabble...Apparently being straight is the equivalent to being a homophobe there...

If you recall...Richard would kiss ANYTHING. Part of the contract...lol.

:lol:

Good answer!! Was the usual Family Fued response no matter the answer given.

Guest TrueMetis

Could you be more wrong? Since there are 100 mosques in NYC, it's hardly "fear" that's behind the objection to this property. Not this mosque, this property. Put it elsewhere and all will be fine. You do get that, don't you??

But keep talking as if your claim is the reality. Even though it couldn't be farther from the reality. <_<

You talk as though they will be honest about it. Most news sources in America haven't been honest about this mosque and you expect groups like Al-qaeda to be? :blink: That's the nature of propaganda and fear mongering.

Though I have a single question why should anything anyone does change based on how a bunch of fanatics across the ocean perceive it? This is no different from changing something or not doing something because they might get mad, and if your going to start doing that then this "war on terror" has been lost already. WTF is wrong with you people? Specifically Shady because he was the one that made the point that these extremist nuts could view it as a victory.

If it's found to have Saudi ties, then ax the whole project and deport the Imam.

Can we ax Fox News and deport them, cause they definitely have Saudi ties.

Edited by TrueMetis

No, but if you let your dislike of the IRA or ETA cause you to become anti-catholic like many westerners have allowed their dislike of Alqeada to make the Islamiphobic then you would be a bigot.

As if only Al Qaeda is involved in Muslim terrorism. :rolleyes:

Yah it was pretty nice of the Right wing to pick up every extreem Muslim in the world and put them all in one place.

Yeah, they travelled the globe asking each Muslim if they were extremists. And anyone who said yes, they parachuted them into Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they travelled the globe asking each Muslim if they were extremists. And anyone who said yes, they parachuted them into Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

You do realize that the Mujahideen was made up of many Saudi's like Osama Bin Laden???

You do realize that they were also being funded and manned by the Wahhabites with the tacit approval of the CIA???

Al CIAda is an apt term...

You must know nothing about anything Shady. The ISI which was funded by the CIA started their recruiting extremist Muslims in 81. This included Osama Bin Ladin Shady. As well as extremists from Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other countries. Aren't you glad the US supported the policy to put them all in one place so they could help turn into their extremist wonderland. I mean alone they would just be crack pots but put them altogether in one place and give them guns and they can run the place.

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

You talk as though they will be honest about it. Most news sources in America haven't been honest about this mosque and you expect groups like Al-qaeda to be? :blink: That's the nature of propaganda and fear mongering.

How do you know the news sources haven't been honest about it?? Just because you don't accept what people think doesn't mean it's not really the way they feel.

Look at the polls. They show the majority of Americans don't have a high opinion of Islam, yet polls also show that the majority of Americans believe Muslims should have the same rights as every other religious group. If that's not proof of "tolerance," I don't know what is.

As for my expecting al Qaeda to be honest about it .... huh??? Where did I ever say anything to even remotely indicate that I expect groups like al Qaeda to be honest about it? I've never said any such thing and I have no such expectations.

Though I have a single question why should anything anyone does change based on how a bunch of fanatics across the ocean perceive it? This is no different from changing something or not doing something because they might get mad, and if your going to start doing that then this "war on terror" has been lost already. WTF is wrong with you people? Specifically Shady because he was the one that made the point that these extremist nuts could view it as a victory.

My views are based on what I, and other Americans, think/feel, and if some feel as if this would be seen as a victory by some fanatics, I respect that. And I agree. So do some American Muslims. Furthermore, all the "fanatics" aren't across the ocean. Just thought I'd throw that in there, because it's true.

You do realize that the Mujahideen was made up of many Saudi's like Osama Bin Laden???

You do realize that they were also being funded and manned by the Wahhabites with the tacit approval of the CIA???

Most definitely. In fact, I think it was also the CIA that was responsible for the resistance in which the British encountered in Afghanistan too. Not only that, I'm pretty sure it was the CIA that was responsible for putting the whole concept of the holy warrior in the Koran in the first place. :rolleyes:

Most definitely. In fact, I think it was also the CIA that was responsible for the resistance in which the British encountered in Afghanistan too. Not only that, I'm pretty sure it was the CIA that was responsible for putting the whole concept of the holy warrior in the Koran in the first place. :rolleyes:

They sure did a good job of getting every crazy extreemist they could, moving them into the country, arming them, and showing them how to make weapons and shoot down planes with very little. They sure did a good job of providing them with upwards of 40 billion to fight anyone who would come into the country. That is for sure.

My views are based on what I, and other Americans, think/feel, and if some feel as if this would be seen as a victory by some fanatics, I respect that. And I agree. So do some American Muslims. Furthermore, all the "fanatics" aren't across the ocean. Just thought I'd throw that in there, because it's true.

Thats not the only mosque being protested. Theres 3 mosques (at least) encountering this kind of opposition. NONE of them are at ground zero. One is a few blocks away, one is a few states away, and the other is at the opposite end of the country.

Since NONE of the mosques being protested are at ground zero it seems sort of silly to blame the recent anti mosque hysteria on the WTC site. Clearly theres something else going on in America (lots of Americans dont like muslims ***cough cough) thats behind this trend... which I expect to keep growing.

It seems as if there's a really mixed reaction to having a Mosque so close to Ground Zero.

Why don't they build a hundred-story mosque INSTEAD of the WTC, as a monument to millions of muslims killed by USA and Israel?

Would seem totally appropriate...

Edited by PoliticalCitizen

Why don't they build a hundred-story mosque INSTEAD of the WTC, as a monument to millions of muslims killed by USA and Israel?

Would seem totally appropriate...

How many millions exactly? Could you break the numbers down by conflict?

Guest TrueMetis

How do you know the news sources haven't been honest about it?? Just because you don't accept what people think doesn't mean it's not really the way they feel.

Three words Ground Zero Mosque.

Look at the polls. They show the majority of Americans don't have a high opinion of Islam, yet polls also show that the majority of Americans believe Muslims should have the same rights as every other religious group. If that's not proof of "tolerance," I don't know what is.

Clearly we have different views of what tolerance is then, because to me a poll saying X amount of people don't like Islam is the say as X amount of people are bigots. Of course the polls aren't exactly a great source of information after all the fear mongering the media has done.

As for my expecting al Qaeda to be honest about it .... huh??? Where did I ever say anything to even remotely indicate that I expect groups like al Qaeda to be honest about it? I've never said any such thing and I have no such expectations.

Then you agree that they could use either event it staying or going as a victory. So why did you comment disagreeing?

The question is why should people care? Asking for it to be changed because it could be seen as a victory is the same as asking it to be changed because it would piss them off. Excuse me If I think not caring what terrorists think is a good idea.

Clearly we have different views of what tolerance is then, because to me a poll saying X amount of people don't like Islam is the say as X amount of people are bigots. Of course the polls aren't exactly a great source of information after all the fear mongering the media has done.

Your definition of a bigot is hopelessly warped, then. There is no obligation to "like" something. We have every right to dislike Islam, and other silly, baseless, beliefs.

Guest TrueMetis

Your definition of a bigot is hopelessly warped, then. There is no obligation to "like" something. We have every right to dislike Islam, and other silly, baseless, beliefs.

And you have the right to say that you don't like Jews doesn't make it not bigoted. People not liking Muslims because they're Muslims is the definition of bigotry.

definition of bigot.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern American English refers to persons hostile to those of differing race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.

My link

And you have the right to say that you don't like Jews doesn't make it not bigoted. People not liking Muslims because they're Muslims is the definition of bigotry.

definition of bigot.

My link

Bonam said Islam as do I...you're the one bringing it down to the individual worshiper. You just want a world where you can yell bigot at folks who do not agree with your PC view.

Edited by DogOnPorch