Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

If we look at it that way, then not all the terrorists are Muslim anymore.

Nobody has ever said that all terrorists are Muslim. Or that all Muslims are terrorists. That's part of the many strawman arguments you and your ilk like to perpetuate ad nausem. But facts are facts. At the present time, if you're a terrorist, you're more likely to be Muslim. The statistics prove that point. You can post 6 or 7 incidents WORLD WIDE all you want. It doesn't discount reality.

If the perpetrators of these attacks on Muslims and firebombings were directly motivated by the 9/11 attacks

Are you a mind reader? Perhaps they were motivated by the train bombings in Madrid in 2004, or the bus bombings in London 2005. Or the murder of Theo Van Gogh. Or the rise of radical Muslim extremists immigrating to European countries.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has ever said that all terrorists are Muslim. Or that all Muslims are terrorists. That's part of the many strawman arguments you and your ilk like to perpetuate ad nausem. But facts are facts. At the present time, if you're a terrorist, you're more likely to be Muslim. The statistics prove that point. You can post 6 or 7 incidents WORLD WIDE all you want. It doesn't discount reality.

The facts also say that if you a MUSLIM IN NEW YORK you are less likely to be a terrorist then a southern white Christan Hmmmmmmm. Convenient you forgot mention that Shady.

Guest American Woman

I see. So they all have to be doctors and be killed all at once or it doesn't count.

Yes, that's what I said. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, I guess the KKK is OK then, since they'd never killed 3,000 doctors at once.

They were a group, an organized group, who declared the desire to terrorize and go after Blacks! Unlike the murderers who killed abortion doctors, who were acting on their own; they were individual, independent acts. Unlike the terrorist attacks and the KKK. Are you starting to get the difference yet?

They killed off regular folk over time, kind of like the anti-Muslim attacks today.

Who is supporting those attacks? You think *I* am? I think Bush, by saying this is NOT a war against Muslims, NOT to take it out on Muslims, WAS being "empathetic" towards them. And the vast majority of Americans reacted accordingly. At a time when were were hurting over what had happened. All I'm asking is the same. Because it should be a two way street.

Are you starting to get it yet?

So, should we not be sensitive towards Muslims in return? Were are the anti-Mosque burning and anti-murder protesters? Oh yes, Molotov and baseball bat experts are likely among the protesters' main funders. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

What, exactly, are we supposed to be protesting??

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

I don't know. Islam or terrorism? Personally I'd rather protest for friendlier relations rather than against a religious community claiming that it's nothing personal but they share the same religion. :lol:

Well, if you don't know either, I'm afraid you can hardly blame the rest of us for not protesting. :P

Well, if you don't know either, I'm afraid you can hardly blame the rest of us for not protesting. :P

You're not protesting? So you do not associate the local Muslim community with the events of 9/11 in any way beyond the fact that thy'd lost members like many others on that fateful day and have no problem with a religious community centre being built on that site regardless of tis religious affiliation any more than the other religious centres in that area?

Guest TrueMetis

So with all the mosque burnings, murders after 9/11, and still today, could we just not call it even and let the local NYC community build their mosque near Ground Zero? After all, they're not calling for a ban on the building of Christian churches near where their mosques have been firebombed or their members murdered now are they? Likewise with abortion doctors. I'm not aware of any call for a ban on Christian churches near where abortion doctors are killed (then again, one was killed in a church). So why the double standard?

As Churchill once said, though I may be paraphrasing here:

When one person dies, it's a tragedy. When a million die, it's statistics.

I thought that was Stalin?

Guest American Woman

He's right. One person dying doesn't mean anything, it's an anecdote. Thousands or millions dying is statistically significant.

This is what he said: "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Sounds to me as if he's saying the opposite. That one death is a tragedy, while millions is nothing more than a statistic. I don't understand how you could interpret "one person dying doesn't mean anything" from "a single death is a tragedy." And of course you added the "significant" to it, which completely changes the meaning of that part of the quote.

Guest American Woman

I thought this was about the Mosque... did you notice that it's no longer called Cordoba it's now Park 51 wonder why :)-

Because they want to focus on the community part of it, not the religious.

This is what he said: "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Sounds to me as if he's saying the opposite. That one death is a tragedy, while millions is nothing more than a statistic. I don't understand how you could interpret "one person dying doesn't mean anything" from "a single death is a tragedy." And of course you added the "significant" to it, which completely changes the meaning of that part of the quote.

Your interpretation of this supposed Stalin quote is correct. A million deaths means nothing.

Sounds to me as if he's saying the opposite. That one death is a tragedy, while millions is nothing more than a statistic.

Yeah that's the correct interpretation.