Palin Slams Obama!

Palin, the former vice presidential candidate, has not been shy about criticizing Obama’s policies and this week weighed in on his revamped nuclear strategy, saying it was like a child in a playground who says ‘punch me in the face, I’m not going to retaliate.’

Link

That was friggin beautiful! :lol:

But America's young, smart President didn't seem to like it very much. He felt the need to respond...

"I really have no response to that. The last I checked, Sarah Palin is not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

Link

To which Palin very accurately pointed out...

Now, the president, with all the vast nuclear experience that he acquired as a community organizer, and as a part time senator, and as a full-time candidate, all that experience.

Link

Obama owned by Palin. I love it! :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But America's young, smart President didn't seem to like it very much. He felt the need to respond...

"I really have no response. Because last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos......... "If the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff are comfortable with it, I'm probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin"

Here Shady I fixed it for you. See the part I highlighted? You didn't must have been to much reading for you.

Than Palin Responded "I DON'T CARE ABOUT Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff I AM AN EXPERT ON A WORD I CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE." If she didn't say that, that what she meant when she shot back at the president who actually has experienced people to refer too. Here she is being an expert.

Good to know your post makes you look dumb as usual Shady.

Edited by punked

That's even funnier, punked. Obama says he's got no response, then goes on with a defensive response! Palin's rebuttal to this is to quite accurately point out that Obama has little experience with nuclear issues.

Which was quite obvious when he prefaced his big ole treaty signin' with a what-the-hell declaration that the U.S. of A. will never resort to a nuclear response unless blah blah blah. He didn't need to say anything let alone something that shows your cards to your enemies. Sigh.

BTW, didn't Bush sign a nuke treaty in 2002? There goes Obama, copy catting again.

That's even funnier, punked. Obama says he's got no response, then goes on with a defensive response! Palin's rebuttal to this is to quite accurately point out that Obama has little experience with nuclear issues.

Which was quite obvious when he prefaced his big ole treaty signin' with a what-the-hell declaration that the U.S. of A. will never resort to a nuclear response unless blah blah blah. He didn't need to say anything let alone something that shows your cards to your enemies. Sigh.

BTW, didn't Bush sign a nuke treaty in 2002? There goes Obama, copy catting again.

You haven't read the treaty have you? Nope didn't think so. As for Palin, she doesn't know anything as the video shows you. Although as you clearly don't know about Obama HE AUTHORED A BILL IN THE SENATE, with Lugar which was signed into law in 2007. The Lugar-Obama Nonproliferation Legislation maybe you can read it with Shady. Neither of you will because Neither you, Shady, or Palin care about the facts.

Here you want some facts about Obama ACTUAL experience over Palin's rambling BS.

Obama took fact-finding trip to former USSR to examine WMD stockpiles.

With Lugar, Obama co-authored non-proliferation initiative signed into law by President Bush.

Lugar praised Obama's "productive" work on nonproliferation that took "next critical step" on the issue.

Obama introduced Nuclear Weapons Threat Reduction Act of 2007

Obama's college thesis was on "Soviet nuclear disarmament."

I wish we could actually have a discussion with facts for once. That seems like to much work for the right wing, who look to a Governor or couldn't even finish one term. I am tired of the "I know you are but what am argument" even when it doesn't apply.

Edited by punked

ya, ya... like punked says - don't let facts get in your way? BTW, how's that 2012 Palin/Bachmann ticket shaping up for ya :lol:

The Nuclear Posture Review shifts the focus away from a cold war strategy that saw the main threat as coming from Russia or China, recognising the major threat now is from nuclear proliferation or from a terrorist organisation. It also regards having a huge nuclear stockpile as redundant.

The biggest change is recognition that the circumstances in which nuclear weapons could be used had to be narrowed. The key passage in the review says that the strategic situation has changed since the end of the cold war and the US has a strong enough conventional capability to deter a biological or chemical warfare attack.

As a result, the review says: "The United States will not use or threaten to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear weapons states that are party to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and in compliance with their nuclear non-proliferation obligations." This contrasts with the Bush administration, which in 2001 declared that nuclear weapons would be used to deter a wide range of threats, including weapons of mass destruction and large-scale conventional military force.

I'm sorry, but a trumped up resume does not experience make. One lone trip to Russia to view only what the Russian government will let you hardly amounts to anything. And why the hell was a junior senator allowed to leave the country on government business? Most of the senators and congressmen have more nuclear experience than Obama. And probably many clerks in both houses if they've been there for several years or more.

College essays? Good grief, that's even worse than 'community organizer'! When the left has to stoop so low to try to defend what is so obviously not worth defending, that's when you know they really are worried about the 2010 midterms.

I'm sorry, but a trumped up resume does not experience make. One lone trip to Russia to view only what the Russian government will let you hardly amounts to anything. And why the hell was a junior senator allowed to leave the country on government business? Most of the senators and congressmen have more nuclear experience than Obama. And probably many clerks in both houses if they've been there for several years or more.

College essays? Good grief, that's even worse than 'community organizer'! When the left has to stoop so low to try to defend what is so obviously not worth defending, that's when you know they really are worried about the 2010 midterms.

Apparently Bush thought him an expert considering he signed three Bills Obama wrote on the subject of Nuclear power, and Weapons into law. Seriously this isn't an argument the right wants to have, because you are wrong. Obama not only did all these things but he has people like Defense, and Joints chiefs staff advising him. CAN WE PLEASE AN ARGUMENT ON THE MERITS OF THE TREATY AND NOT OBAMA. He was good enough for Bush to sign his bills into law so either pick up your ball and go home or tell me what is wrong with the treaty. Sharkman, your strawman has already crumbled.

BTW Chuck Hagel (R-NE) was a co-sponsor of Obama's Threat Reduction Act he clearly thinks he has enough experience too. You ignore the facts.

"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... But, strangely enough, my friends, this road has been a lonely road because I never meet anybody coming the other way."-Stevenson about his race with Eisenhower.

Edited by punked

don't be deceived by Obama's deference to his Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff... clearly, Obama needed that personal touchy-feely trip... obviously... he couldn't see Russia from his backyard like Caribou Barbie could.

Apparently Bush thought him an expert considering he signed three Bills Obama wrote on the subject of Nuclear power, and Weapons into law. Seriously this isn't an argument the right wants to have, because you are wrong. Obama not only did all these things but he has people like Defense, and Joints chiefs staff advising him. CAN WE PLEASE AN ARGUMENT ON THE MERITS OF THE TREATY AND NOT OBAMA. He was good enough for Bush to sign his bills into law so either pick up your ball and go home or tell me what is wrong with the treaty. Sharkman, your strawman has already crumbled.

BTW Chuck Hagel (R-NE) was a co-sponsor of Obama's Threat Reduction Act he clearly thinks he has enough experience too. You ignore the facts.

"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... But, strangely enough, my friends, this road has been a lonely road because I never meet anybody coming the other way."-Stevenson about his race with Eisenhower.

Come on punked, now you are using Bush's signings as a benchmark! So now if Bush approves of somebody, that's all you need to know?! :unsure:

Obama's experience was that he was a one term senator. Period. And his time in the senate was cut short when he decided to run for the president. These are simple undisputable facts. You don't become a nuclear expert in one shortened term. Junior senator to boot.

This thread is not about the merits or lack thereof of the treaty. Read the title. Palin slams Obama. I am agreeing that Obama characterizing Palin as having no experience in these matters is funny (like the pot calling the kettle black) since his only experience is that of a college student writing essays and a junior senator on a field trip. McCain has more experience on this matter in his little finger than Obama.

Edited by sharkman

McCain has more experience on this matter in his little finger than Obama.

as my favourite MLW one-quip artist is prone to say... "Ding Dong, McCain is dead!"

please continue to push the magnitude of Caribou Barbie's imaginary relevance to anything other than Tea Baggers. Carry On!

Come on punked, now you are using Bush's signings as a benchmark!

Obama's experience was that he was a one term senator. Period. And his time in the senate was cut short when he decided to run for the president. These are simple undisputable facts. You don't become a nuclear expert in one shortened term. Junior senator to boot.

This thread is not about the merits or lack thereof of the treaty. Read the title. Palin slams Obama. I am agreeing that Obama characterizing Palin as having no experience in these matters is funny (like the pot calling the kettle black) since his only experience is that of a college student writing essays and a junior senator on a field trip. McCain has more experience on this matter in his little finger than Obama.

Did you know there are people out in the world who are NOT SENATORS and HAVE NO Senate experience that know things? Did you know many of the past Presidents didn't even have a Senate seat at all? OMG how could they ever govern if they didn't have a Senate seat or spend time there. You can have opinions on things and be educated on them with out being a Senator Sharkman might be a surprise to you but you can.

As for this statement "since his only experience is that of a college student writing essays and a junior senator on a field trip...." YOU SEEM TO BE FORGETTING AUTHORING THREE BILLS. One for which was cosponsored by a Republican an all three McCain voted for. McCain seems to think he has the experience Sharkman so I guess after talking up McCain you now agree Obama has the experience. No that is because your statements make NO SENSE.

Actually McCain wanted to get rid of United States nuclear Weapons. You actually know nothing and just blindy follow whoever wheres a red shirt don't you? Policy be damned.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/27/mccain.speech/

Oh and for experience you might not know this but Obama has Been President for 1 and half years please tell me how long Palin or McCain have been president?

Edited by punked

...This thread is not about the merits or lack thereof of the treaty. Read the title. Palin slams Obama. I am agreeing that Obama characterizing Palin as having no experience in these matters is funny (like the pot calling the kettle black) since his only experience is that of a college student writing essays and a junior senator on a field trip. McCain has more experience on this matter in his little finger than Obama.

Indeed...but the real change on this landsacpe is the absence of former Democratic Senator Sam Nunn, who is now quietly influencing policy in a different role. Twenty years ago any such treaty would have been DOA, but now that the United States enjoys a huge conventional military advantage and nuclear proliferation is a terrorism risk, the worm may turn quite differently.

http://www.ajc.com/news/ex-senator-nunn-warns-306063.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Indeed...but the real change on this landsacpe is the absence of former Democratic Senator Sam Nunn, who is now quietly influencing policy in a different role. Twenty years ago any such treaty would have been DOA, but now that the United States enjoys a huge conventional military advantage and nuclear proliferation is a terrorism risk, the worm may turn quite differently.

http://www.ajc.com/news/ex-senator-nunn-warns-306063.html

You really do like Obama's foreign policy don't you?

Did you know there are people out in the world who are NOT SENATORS and HAVE NO Senate experience that know things? Did you know many of the past Presidents didn't even have a Senate seat at all? OMG how could they ever govern if they didn't have a Senate seat or spend time there. You can have opinions on things and be educated on them with out being a Senator Sharkman might be a surprise to you but you can.

As for this statement "since his only experience is that of a college student writing essays and a junior senator on a field trip...." YOU SEEM TO BE FORGETTING AUTHORING THREE BILLS. One for which was cosponsored by a Republican an all three McCain voted for. McCain seems to think he has the experience Sharkman so I guess after talking up McCain you now agree Obama has the experience. No that is because your statements make NO SENSE.

Actually McCain wanted to get rid of United States nuclear Weapons. You actually know nothing and just blindy follow whoever wheres a red shirt don't you? Policy be damned.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/27/mccain.speech/

Oh and for experience you might not know this but Obama has Been President for 1 and half years please tell me how long Palin or McCain have been president?

The only reason I am using senate experience is because that's what Obama's experience consists of. One could be a governor or many other things, the point being that you have more than 2 or 3 years at it, which is all Obama had before he decided to run. He doesn't have much experience punked. You need to have peace with this fact and quit deluding yourself.

So did he author these bills? Come on, you're not really saying that these bills are kept intact and not argued, debated and changed time and time again until the vote, are you? Because you would be wrong. As for McCain's vote now constituting approval as Bush's signings did in your previous post, you are intellectually bankrupt here.

But so what, so he took part in three bills. What does that prove? Is three bills the benchmark for experience in the senate? Throw in a field trip, some college essays and time spent as community organizer and you've got someone who could compete with anybody, I guess, as long as he's a democrat.

The only reason I am using senate experience is because that's what Obama's experience consists of. One could be a governor or many other things, the point being that you have more than 2 or 3 years at it, which is all Obama had before he decided to run. He doesn't have much experience punked. You need to have peace with this fact and quit deluding yourself.

So did he author these bills? Come on, you're not really saying that these bills are kept intact and not argued, debated and changed time and time again until the vote, are you? Because you would be wrong. As for McCain's vote now constituting approval as Bush's signings did in your previous post, you are intellectually bankrupt here.

But so what, so he took part in three bills. What does that prove? Is three bills the benchmark for experience in the senate? Throw in a field trip, some college essays and time spent as community organizer and you've got someone who could compete with anybody, I guess, as long as he's a democrat.

When you look at it all together he has some pretty ringing endorsements. Republicans worked with him when he was a Senator to write bills, they also voted for, and the Leader of the Republican Party and President signed them. He traveled to other nations (specifically the one who he signed the treaty with) to get a better understanding of the facts. He has many smart people around him specially Michael Mullen who has approved this move might interest you to know that all Republicans voted to confirm this man.

So right now Obama 1 you nothing. Seriously he has experience, and the people advising him have experience. Unless you think McCain, Bush and other Republicans knowingly put us endanger voting for Bills he authored, and voting for Michael Mullen as Obama's chairman of the joint cheifs of staff.

I know Republicans like with the Health care bill like it one minute and hate it as soon as Obama listens to them but your flip flopping is out of control.

Endorsements do not experience make. Voting affirmative on a bill that Obama authored does not constitute endorsement. The american people did not vote for Obama because of his experience.

They voted for him because:

He was not Bush.

He was the Dem nomination.

He was black.

He has great charisma when he talks.

I'm afraid that's about it. And now the (hehe) chickens are coming home to roost. It turns out he has no experience and is getting exposed in the international community. He has a dismal approval rating and as the economy continues to stumble along shedding jobs(latest report in the last couple of days affirms this) he is going to get pummeled in the mid-terms.

His administration's response? Attack the tea partiers, a group made up of 40% dem and independents. Smooth move.

Carry on punked, carry the torch for Obama and defend him on as many forums as you can, but at least be realistic, he's going to take a bloodbath in the midterms.

Endorsements do not experience make. Voting affirmative on a bill that Obama authored does not constitute endorsement. The american people did not vote for Obama because of his experience.

They voted for him because:

He was not Bush.

He was the Dem nomination.

He was black.

He has great charisma when he talks.

I'm afraid that's about it. And now the (hehe) chickens are coming home to roost. It turns out he has no experience and is getting exposed in the international community. He has a dismal approval rating and as the economy continues to stumble along shedding jobs(latest report in the last couple of days affirms this) he is going to get pummeled in the mid-terms.

His administration's response? Attack the tea partiers, a group made up of 40% dem and independents. Smooth move.

Carry on punked, carry the torch for Obama and defend him on as many forums as you can, but at least be realistic, he's going to take a bloodbath in the midterms.

Actually the Tea Party is made up of 90% Republicans and Republican Leaners (traditionally actually vote more party line those who belong to a party). You really have shown time and time again in this thread you know nothing but talking points.

BTW keep upping expectations on the midterms now you have to win back the house and the Senate to not demoralize you base. 2012 is going to be a good one after you don't win back either.

Edited by punked

Reminds you of what? Or remind who or...oh wait, you want me to remind you when I get an educated opinion. Which is a copy cat statement, albeit more catty, to mine asking about your rose coloured glasses. No I don't think I'll remind you, or to be more accurate, inform you of anything. I'll keep my new found education to myself, Ha!

Reminds you of what? Or remind who or...oh wait, you want me to remind you when I get an educated opinion. Which is a copy cat statement, albeit more catty, to mine asking about your rose coloured glasses. No I don't think I'll remind you, or to be more accurate, inform you of anything. I'll keep my new found education to myself, Ha!

Seriously you came into this tread to tell me that Obama had no experience in this subject. You were shown he did then asked what was wrong with Obama's treaty. All you can come back with is twisting the facts on Obama's record to the point of lying, then move to yelling SCOREBOARD over an election which hasn't happened yet. Again can we please for once have a debate on the facts and not "Obama is stupid" or "We made the biggest mistake EVA!!!! Voting for him". These are statements never backed up with anything.

Again I quote Steveson.

"There are worse things than losing an election; the worst thing is to lose one's convictions and not tell the people the truth." I will live if an election is lost. I wont be able to live with myself if I can't form a real opinion on a subject based on the facts of that subject.

Actually the Tea Party is made up of 90% Republicans

That's a complete lie. Stop lying you lying liar.

The Tea Party adherents broke down 28% independent, 17% Democrat and only 57% Republican

Link

Anyways, it looks like Democrats are gonna be the ones worrying about 3rd parties ruining their chances.

SEIU starts third party in North Carolina

In a shot across the bow of Dems, the labor powerhouse SEIU is starting a new third party in North Carolina that hopes to field its own slate of candidates, part of an effort to make the Democratic Party more reliable on issues important to labor

Link

The SEIU are the union thugs that support Obama. Apparently they have the same mindset as punked. Any Democrat that doesn't completely follow the party line needs to be replaced. The only thing this will accomplish is more elected Republicans.