Obama's census choice: simply African-American

....The reality is that the descendants of people who immigrated to America from Europe and had children with other people who immigrated from Europe can be classified unambiguously as "white". People who just immigrated over from China and many other places in Asia can be classified unambiguously as "Asian".

Nope....the process of "classification" is quite flawed, so much so, that some people from the Caucusus area are not considered "white" by some despite the root of the word "Caucasian". There are other absurdities stemming from this "social construct" and foil for "white purity".

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope....the process of "classification" is quite flawed, so much so, that some people from the Caucusus area are not considered "white" by some despite the root of the word "Caucasian".

That is to be expected, since the term "Caucasion" is simply a poorly thought up politically correct replacement for "white". Just as "African-American" seems to be the politically correct term for "black" even though not all black people in America are from Africa.

That is to be expected, since the term "Caucasion" is simply a poorly thought up politically correct replacement for "white". Just as "African-American" seems to be the politically correct term for "black" even though not all black people in America are from Africa.

Nor are all Africans "black". That is my point...it is hopelessly flawed and contaminated with social agendas.

"Caucasian" was originally about skull shapes (craniotemy)...not "color".

Nor are all Africans "black". That is my point...it is hopelessly flawed and contaminated with social agendas.

The hijacking of certain terminology for certain "social agendas" does not mean that the things described by those terms, in the absence of hijacking, have no meaning.

"Caucasian" was originally about skull shapes (craniotemy)...not "color".

Shrug, that may be the origin of the term, but its use today is precisely what I said. It is a term used by those who want to refer to the "white" racial group but are too afraid to use the term "white" for fear of being called a "white-supremacist".

The hijacking of certain terminology for certain "social agendas" does not mean that the things described by those terms, in the absence of hijacking, have no meaning.

They have meaning allright, but it is not consistent, and is often conflicting.

Shrug, that may be the origin of the term, but its use today is precisely what I said. It is a term used by those who want to refer to the "white" racial group but are too afraid to use the term "white" for fear of being called a "white-supremacist".

But in the end, that's what this entire game has always been about. "White" is "white" until "diluted" by something else. It is very important to the "supremacists".

But in the end, that's what this entire game has always been about. "White" is "white" until "diluted" by something else. It is very important to the "supremacists".

It's hard to see why how Obama fills out his census form is such a serious issue. Makes one think that Shady doesn't like that there's a black president.

It's hard to see why how Obama fills out his census form is such a serious issue. Makes one think that Shady doesn't like that there's a black president.

No, it is still fair game as long as President Obama keeps "race" in play. I don't know why he disclosed census form responses in the first place. He who lives by the sword.....

Guest American Woman

No, it is still fair game as long as President Obama keeps "race" in play. I don't know why he disclosed census form responses in the first place. He who lives by the sword.....

I found it puzzling that the White House revealed Obama's Census information, too. Can't help but wonder why.

I think they did it because the census is getting a bad wrap this year and the census bureau is trying to up responses in both conservative areas of the country and in black areas. Karl Rove is doing a PSA for them and they have a list in a news release of all kinds of prominent Americas including Obama in their press release to get people to return the forums. I think has more to do with the constitution which Obama very much believes in than anything else. Showing people it isn't a scary form and they should fill it out. Even the President does and he is not scared to share the info with you.

Civil rights legend Dorothy Height and former presidential senior adviser Karl Rove are the newest additions to a growing list of well-known Americans who have recorded public service announcements (PSAs) for the 2010 Census. The list includes President Obama, Miss America Caressa Cameron, Donny Osmond, Olympic athletes, major league baseball players, mayors and members of Congress. The Rove and Height PSAs are released today to remind residents that they still have a little more than two weeks to mail back their census forms and avoid having a census taker visit in early May.

http://2010.census.gov/news/releases/operations/message-height-rove.html

I think they did it because the census is getting a bad wrap this year and the census bureau is trying to up responses in both conservative areas of the country and in black areas. Karl Rove is doing a PSA for them and they have a list in a news release of all kinds of prominent Americas including Obama in their press release to get people to return the forums. I think has more to do with the constitution which Obama very much believes in than anything else. Showing people it isn't a scary form and they should fill it out. Even the President does and he is not scared to share the info with you.

Apparently what it's done is bothered a lot of racists. They'd be so much happier if he declare himself white.