Liberal motion fails because Liberals could not whip vote

If you can't see the partisan attacks that all three of those morons make you need to rethink how objective you are.

Right....it's obvious you don't watch Stewart or Colbert. They are nothing lie Beck...it isn't even the same kind of program. Both lean left...but opposites of Beck they are not.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right....it's obvious you don't watch Stewart or Colbert.

I watched colbert and Stewart on a daily basis for 2 years.. They were what was on during lunch hour on the comedy network. Over the coarse of those two years they became less and less funny, as the presidential primaries wore on, i could no longer stand to watch them.

They are all garbage shows that seem to think they know how to blend entertainment with the news.

Wow I didn't realize that they had become so devoid braincells that they need to spoof each other. Thanks for reminding why I don't watch this putz. Hell there was enough of glenn beck in jon stewarts program to even remind me why I don't watch glenn beck.

Colbert and Stewart are pure entertainment. Glenn Beck is bat shit crazy commentary.

Glen beck is a mix between theatric and news commentary. Jon stewart is a mix between satirist and news commentator.

what is unfortunate is that many people go to both for news.

Glen beck is a mix between theatric and news commentary. Jon stewart is a mix between satirist and news commentator.

what is unfortunate is that many people go to both for news.

Beck is a carnival barker...Stewart does'nt try to be serious.I know of no one who goes to Stewart,or Colbert for that matter,for news.I know of a few who actually believe the tripe that Beck spews...

Edited by Jack Weber

Beck is a carnival barker...Stewart does'nt try to be serious.I know of no one who goes to Stewart,or Colbert for that matter,for news.I know of a few who actually believe the tripe that Beck spews...

As a news source

Television ratings show that the program generally has 1.45 to 1.6 million viewers nightly, a high figure for cable television.[72] In demographic terms, the viewership is skewed to a relatively young audience compared to traditional news shows. A 2004 Nielsen Media Research study commissioned by Comedy Central put the median age at 35. During the 2004 U.S. presidential election, the show received more male viewers in the 18-34 year old age demographic than Nightline, Meet the Press, Hannity & Colmes and all of the evening news broadcasts.[73] Because of this, commentators such as Howard Dean and Ted Koppel posit that Stewart serves as a real source of news for young people, regardless of his intentions.[74][75]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Are you finished visually inspecting your prostate yet?

Edited by Alta4ever

As a news source

Television ratings show that the program generally has 1.45 to 1.6 million viewers nightly, a high figure for cable television.[72] In demographic terms, the viewership is skewed to a relatively young audience compared to traditional news shows. A 2004 Nielsen Media Research study commissioned by Comedy Central put the median age at 35. During the 2004 U.S. presidential election, the show received more male viewers in the 18-34 year old age demographic than Nightline, Meet the Press, Hannity & Colmes and all of the evening news broadcasts.[73] Because of this, commentators such as Howard Dean and Ted Koppel posit that Stewart serves as a real source of news for young people, regardless of his intentions.[74][75]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Show

Are you finished visually inspecting your prostate yet?

You realize Stewart is clowning people,don't you? :blink:

And once you've stopped performing your very own personal colonoscopy,you can figure out the difference between the two genre's... :o:lol:

And once you've stopped performing your very own personal colonoscopy,you can figure out the difference between the two genre's... :o:lol:

Funny that you were incapable of realizing your point was refuted. Polls were listed in that wiki piece that show that people go to Jon steward as a news source and in some cases as their main news source.

Stewart is as full of excrement as Glen Beck.

Stewart is as full of excrement as Glen Beck.

Oh come on. Stewart ain't perfect, but he's considerably more non-partisan and fair than Beck (I mean, he even mocks the Democrats frequently). Stewart is also a lot funnier. Beck's just going over the same ground that Coulter and Limbaugh have already done to death. Besides, I've rarely ever seen Stewart say something insanely outrageous, and yet Beck pretty much makes his living saying completely outrageous things.

And what does this have to do with "Liberal motion fails because Liberals could not whip vote"?

Perhaps your head is performing the colonoscopy.

Sadly,those swing voters will mostly bleed off to the Cons instead of the Dips.

And so confused were the Liberals after losing their own motion that on the following vote, Chief Opposition Whip Rodger Cuzner mistakenly told some of his MPs to vote with the government. They ended up supporting the Conservatives’ spending plans, which led to much glee and gloating from the government bench.

“Libs lose Mat Health vote, then accidentally vote for Budget Estimates. It's raining frogs across the aisle,” Industry Minister Tony Clement gleefully tweeted.

Wow. I hadn't heard that one. That's freaking hilarious.