Liberal motion fails because Liberals could not whip vote

Nope they have gained the most votes as a percentage from 2000 then any other party.

Considering the CPC didn't exist in 2000......hmmm that is debatable.

The CPC when from nothing in 2003 to forming gov. in 2006, how long has the federal NDP been around?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope they have gained the most votes as a percentage from 2000 then any other party.

True..the % difference going from 100 to 102 is far less that going from 10 to 12...

I like to think of the NDP as th fringe party that can actually get some elected....If they get 25 next time round I will be shocked I they get 39, I will be gobstruck....32 is the magic number

Give me a break adjust the goal posts much?

Who's adjusting you put the result out I challenged the measurement.

The CPC was a new party in 03 nobody have voted for them. In 2006 they formed government with the plurality of vote in the nation. Please show me where the NDP gained 30% from 2000 to the last election.

The CPC has on the other hand gone from 0%in 2000 to 37% as of the last election.

Who's adjusting you put the result out I challenged the measurement.

The CPC was a new party in 03 nobody have voted for them. In 2006 they formed government with the plurality of vote in the nation. Please show me where the NDP gained 30% from 2000 to the last election.

The CPC has on the other hand gone from 0%in 2000 to 37% as of the last election.

The NDP actually gained 150% vote from 2000 till now. 2000 votes 1,093,868 2008 votes 2,515,561. Stop playing games the CPC were the merging of two parties who had 5,000,000 votes together in 2000.

Edited by punked

The NDP actually gained 150% vote from 2000 till now. 2000 votes 1,093,868 2008 votes 2,515,561. Stop playing games the CPC were the merging of two parties who had 5,000,000 votes together in 2000.

If I Understand you correctly you are saying the NDP share of the vote has dramatically fallen since 1988...even as the voter pool has increased?

Boy....I bet in hind sight some wish that had Alexa mcDonnagh and Audrey Mcwhathername been able to get prostate cancer....

If I Understand you correctly you are saying the NDP share of the vote has dramatically fallen since 1988...even as the voter pool has increased?

Boy....I bet in hind sight some wish that had Alexa mcDonnagh and Audrey Mcwhathername been able to get prostate cancer....

Yep it fell then went back up, so sense 2000 unlike the claim voters haven't been leaving the NDP which is what we were talking about.

Apparently not only did 3 Liberals vote against it but 5 Liberals voted for the motion then voted against it. Seriously these are the guys who you want running the country? They can't even vote right. News Liberals you can only vote once not twice no matter how much of a bunch of flip floppers you are.

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/insidepolitics/2010/03/apparently-not-exactly-a-motherhood-issue-liveblogging-the-opposition-day-maternal-and-infant-health.html

Was this a staged loss since a victory would constitute a lack of confidence?

Because and I know how history escapes you so I will go slow, the CPC was the combination of two previous political parties who existed and got votes.

I know that this escapes you so I will type slow, when they came together they be came a new party no one had voted for the CPC. The name had not appeared on the ballot before. Now of the NDP why so impressed with less then mediocrity, they have never formed government, they have been around for more then 40 years. It didn't take that long for their brethren across the pond (in the labour movement) to gain power.

Increasing a vote by a 150% woo hoo they didn't even make official opposition status. The CPC did that in their very first election.

I know that this escapes you so I will type slow, when they came together they be came a new party no one had voted for the CPC. The name had not appeared on the ballot before. Now of the NDP why so impressed with less then mediocrity, they have never formed government, they have been around for more then 40 years. It didn't take that long for their brethren across the pond (in the labour movement) to gain power.

Increasing a vote by a 150% woo hoo they didn't even make official opposition status. The CPC did that in their very first election.

It might escape a conservative who has lost their heart and their way, but it isn't about winning it is about what the party believes in. I would rather vote for a party that has supported things like a national housing program, incentives for small business, taking care of our old, and so on and has an unwavering commitment to those things then one who promises to be a right wing political party and never delivers. Great you moved to the center and won the heart of no one awesome.

Sorry my support isn't about winning I was just pointing out from 2000 until now people haven't been moving from the NDP like claimed. We could lose every election from here until eternity, but as long we push the country too where it needs too be (Medicare, Old age security, increased EI) I will be ok with my position Alta.

It might escape a conservative who has lost their heart and their way, but it isn't about winning it is about what the party believes in. I would rather vote for a party that has supported things like a national housing program, incentives for small business, taking care of our old, and so on and has an unwavering commitment to those things then one who promises to be a right wing political party and never delivers. Great you moved to the center and won the heart of no one awesome.

Sorry my support isn't about winning I was just pointing out from 2000 until now people haven't been moving from the NDP like claimed. We could lose every election from here until eternity, but as long we push the country too where it needs too be (Medicare, Old age security, increased EI) I will be ok with my position Alta.

In other words you happy as a part of the lunatic fringe.

In other words you happy as a part of the lunatic fringe.

I am happy too be part of party which had the ideas for some of the most popular Canadian intuitiveness ever. The party which looks out for all Canadians and that is not scared of progress. Unlike you and the NDP I don't hold a hate for the Conservatives I think we both want the same things, A better Canada, we just have different priorities and a different way too get there.

I am happy too be part of party which had the ideas for some of the most popular Canadian intuitiveness ever. The party which looks out for all Canadians and that is not scared of progress. Unlike you and the NDP I don't hold a hate for the Conservatives I think we both want the same things, A better Canada, we just have different priorities and a different way too get there.

You certainly aren't looking out for me or my family, if you people got to impliment your agenda you would very much huinder and hamper, my family and my life far more then the government of canada already does.

You are part of the social justice crowd and you don't know what is best for everyone. A better Canada would be one were the government is not involved in Canadians lives.

A better Canada would be one were the government is not involved in Canadians lives.

Yes, anarchy for everyone. Fortunately, it seems that most Canadians (and even Albertans) disagree with you when it comes to many of their public institutions.

Edited by Smallc