Liberal motion fails because Liberals could not whip vote

You certainly aren't looking out for me or my family, if you people got to impliment your agenda you would very much huinder and hamper, my family and my life far more then the government of canada already does.

You are part of the social justice crowd and you don't know what is best for everyone. A better Canada would be one were the government is not involved in Canadians lives.

See those aren't real benefits Alta. Remember when the NDP have been in power they have balanced more budgets then any other party that is a real benefit, they have done that with out increasing taxes too the lower or middle class and offering services which have provided economic spin off. You talk in platitudes while I talk in facts.

I am not for or against "big government" as conservatives like your self rail, I am for good government and against bad government in whatever form it comes. That is the difference between you and I. Yes I am civil Libertarian, I am socially conscious, and I am for good fiscal management. The party that has offered that too me (while many NDP policy are out of line with my feelings) is the NDP.

Now I don't know if the NDP would be better for family, I know they serve a purpose in Canada and I will continue too vote for them as long they keep showing they can govern effectively which they have.

Again though if that is what you believe Alta then you aren't voting with your heart or your head the Conservatives are not removing government from your life you know and I know it.

Edited by punked

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, anarchy for everyone. Fortunately, it seems that most Canadians (and even Albertans) disagree with you when it comes to many of their public institutions.

A government not taking an active role in its citizens lives is not defined as anarchy.

See those aren't real benefits Alta. Remember when the NDP have been in power they have balanced more budgets then any other party that is a real benefit, they have done that with out increasing taxes too the lower or middle class and offering services which have provided economic spin off. You talk in platitudes while I talk in facts.

I am not for or against "big government" as conservatives like your self rail, I for good government and against bad government. That is the difference between you and I. Yes I am civil Libertarian, I am socially conscious, and I am for good fiscal management. The party that has offered that too me (while many NDP policy are out of line with my feelings) is the NDP.

Now I don't know if the NDP would be better for family, I know they serve a purpose in Canada and I will continue too vote for them as long they keep showing they can govern effectively which they have.

Again though if that is what you believe Alta then you aren't voting with your heart or your head the Conservatives are not removing government from your life you know and I know it.

Most of my family is from Manitoba and I would beg to differ, NDP governments and their incentives have cost our working class family a lot of money. Gary Doer was an anomaly.

A government not taking an active role in its citizens lives is not defined as anarchy.

That is fine if that is what you believe however that is not what the CPC deliver or do Alta. Like I said before I vote for the party because they don't run for the centrem, right now that is where your party is. Government for all.

Most of my family is from Manitoba and I would beg to differ, NDP governments and their incentives have cost our working class family a lot of money. Gary Doer was an anomaly.

Considering the Doer years make up half of all NDP governments in Manitoba you are saying Half the time they offered you good governance? That is a pretty good leg to stand on when we look at other parties.

Edited by punked

That is fine if that is what you believe however that is not what the CPC deliver or do Alta. Like I said before I vote for the party because they don't run for the centrem, right now that is where your party is. Government for all.

You cannot govern for all from a far left position.

No it doesn't. It does not need to be involved in any citizens lives.

Yes, it does. Government must have influence over and be influenced by people. Everything they do affects your life in some way. You simply want it to be done your way...you on your own, don't get to pick.

You cannot govern for all from a far left position.

It is only far left because you say it is. If the country was further too the left the NDP would be the center Alta that is a poor argument. Yes right the country is centered where the NDP isn't that might change in the future (it has in many places during different times) it might not. However again I don't vote for them cause I think they will win I vote for them because the represent my views better then the Conservatives.

It is only far left because you say it is. If the country was further too the left the NDP would be the center Alta that is a poor argument. Yes right the country is centered where the NDP isn't that might change in the future (it has in many places during different times) it might not. However again I don't vote for them cause I think they will win I vote for them because the represent my views better then the Conservatives.

I hope it doesn't slide further to the left. My taxes are high enough, i pay enough business taxes whenever I go out a purchase something. Citizens need to take more responsibility for their choices not less. Please don't scare me.

Good thing manning thinks the country is starting to slide right.

I hope it doesn't slide further to the left. My taxes are high enough, i pay enough business taxes whenever I go out a purchase something. Citizens need to take more responsibility for their choices not less. Please don't scare me.

Great that is your choice however I hope we treat in a more progressive position and change with the world. We have different priorities, and a different way of measuring a better Canada. We still want the same thing a better more prosperous country.

I have noticed their poll numbers haven't gone up in 4 years but maybe we are sliding too the right.

Edited by punked

Slide right is pretty accurate. Immigration to Canada is dominated by Asian and East Indian countries - all of which are culturally Conservative. When the Libs cranked up immigation under Trudeau and Chretien, it's no secret that they made immigrants feel beholding to Liberal governments. The Conservative outreach to these communities has allowed them to give serious consideration to returning to what is their natural political leaning.....and new immigrants are no longer fooled at all. It's happening in droves and it will continue to build with each new wave of immigration. As several community groups have said - the Liberals have taken the immigrant vote for granted.

Slide right is pretty accurate. Immigration to Canada is dominated by Asian and East Indian countries - all of which are culturally Conservative. When the Libs cranked up immigation under Trudeau and Chretien, it's no secret that they made immigrants feel beholding to Liberal governments. The Conservative outreach to these communities has allowed them to give serious consideration to returning to what is their natural political leaning.....and new immigrants are no longer fooled at all. It's happening in droves and it will continue to build with each new wave of immigration. As several community groups have said - the Liberals have taken the immigrant vote for granted.

And many immigrants are from highly entreprenurial cultures with a high value on leadership and eductation. Look at any of the top 10 law firms and their lawyers...or any of the big 5 accountancies...the bastions of white power have always placed great value on intellectual prowess, race be damned...and their enlistments show origins from India, Pakistan, Hong Kong..in greater and greater percentages....these people are not the NDP's natural contituency.

And many immigrants are from highly entreprenurial cultures with a high value on leadership and eductation. Look at any of the top 10 law firms and their lawyers...or any of the big 5 accountancies...the bastions of white power have always placed great value on intellectual prowess, race be damned...and their enlistments show origins from India, Pakistan, Hong Kong..in greater and greater percentages....these people are not the NDP's natural contituency.

I am an attorney, albeit a non-immigrant one, and a proud "dipper".

True..the % difference going from 100 to 102 is far less that going from 10 to 12...

I like to think of the NDP as th fringe party that can actually get some elected....If they get 25 next time round I will be shocked I they get 39, I will be gobstruck....32 is the magic number

They've pretty much hit the cieling...Nowhere to go but down.

You certainly aren't looking out for me or my family, if you people got to impliment your agenda you would very much huinder and hamper, my family and my life far more then the government of canada already does.

You are part of the social justice crowd and you don't know what is best for everyone. A better Canada would be one were the government is not involved in Canadians lives.

I give you Glen Beck,Ladies and Gentlemen...

What's next...Death Panels???

And neither can the extreme right...

I read the WRAP constitution...One phrase sums it up...

Cuckoo for cocoa puffs!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

You can have that type of "sanity"...

Thank god dalton, ignatieff and the like have people like you to rule, otherwise you might have an individual thought or idea, and be able to live your live without having the government to live it for you.

BTW Glen Beck is a clown, he is the fox equivalent of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

They are all cut from the same cloth.

If you think that two comedians who point out the idiocy of people from all sides are the same as Glenn Beck, you need to work on your perception.

Edited by Smallc

If you think that two comedians who point out the idiocy of people from all sides are the same as Glenn Beck, you need to work on your perception.

If you can't see the partisan attacks that all three of those morons make you need to rethink how objective you are.