Liberal motion fails because Liberals could not whip vote

The common statement made by anyone against abortion is, "Am against it unless its incest" or medical danger to the woman. The danger for the woman I can understand but abortion is abortion. We hear about women over in Third World countries being raped and pregancy follows and abortion is the only solution if the woman has already 12 kids. Of course ,there is the morning-after pill, would the Tories be against that too.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably...Mainly because this NDP is so far removed from Tommy Douglas NDP that it would turn off almost everyone outside of most urban settings.It would be an interesting debate,nonetheless.

I assume Jack would have us turn in our Man Cards at tax time,as well?

You do know the NDP has more rural seats then Urban ones right and they have some of the most rural seats in Canada right now.

You do know the NDP has more rural seats then Urban ones right and they have some of the most rural seats in Canada right now.

I find that hard to believe...given that 17 of 37 their seats are urban...I would think that even the Bloc has more rural presence....

I find that hard to believe...given that 17 of 37 their seats are urban...I would think that even the Bloc has more rural presence....

This map isn't quarter orange because they won a lot of seats, it is because they won some very large areas with very spread out populations. Many in the North you don't get much more rural then that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/map/2008/

Edited by punked

This map isn't half orange because they won a lot of seats, it is because they won some very large areas with very spread out populations. Many in the North you don't get much more rural then that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/map/2008/

So that fact is the the Conservatives have more rural seats in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta than the NDP seats...in fact, the Bloc has nore rural seats...

Edited by M.Dancer

So that fact is the the Conservatives have more rural seats in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta than the NDP seats...in fact, the Bloc has nore rural seats...

MY WORDS WERE "You do know the NDP has more rural seats then Urban ones right and they have some of the most rural seats in Canada right now." which part of that don't you understand? Acting like they are an Urban party when 60-65% of their seats are rural is stupid.

MY WORDS WERE "You do know the NDP has more rural seats then Urban ones right and they have some of the most rural seats in Canada right now." which part of that don't you understand? Acting like they are an Urban party when 60-65% of their seats are rural is stupid.

Maybe I misunderstood...

and they have some of the most rural seats in Canada right now

I took it to read they have the most...although I don't know how abitibi can be less rural than another...

Maybe I misunderstood...

I took it to read they have the most...although I don't know how abitibi can be less rural than another...

If you were to break it down by the population numbers per squared kilometer, or by ridding size you would find the NDP has 4 of 10 or 5 of 11.

17 seats does not make a majority in the NDP caucus since 20 are urban. The Majority are urban.

Look...The Dips have lost most their former rural support because they've given themselves over to urban "progressiveness" and have given up on Tommy Douglas' more rural "all for one and one for all" quasi-populist message.In fact,they gave that populist message over to the Conservatives...I don't see that changing under the current leadership of the NDP.

Look...The Dips have lost most their former rural support because they've given themselves over to urban "progressiveness" and have given up on Tommy Douglas' more rural "all for one and one for all" quasi-populist message.In fact,they gave that populist message over to the Conservatives...I don't see that changing under the current leadership of the NDP.

They have also alienated some of their rural support over the long gun registry....

They have also alienated some of their rural support over the long gun registry....

What are talking about many of their rural Caucus voted against it Niki Aston in Churchill for one. You clearly have been reading too many 10 percenters and not enough news Dancer.

17 of their seats are urban, 20 of their seats are rural which is a much higher percentage then the Cons seats, Liberals, or Bloc.

Edited by punked

What are talking about many of their rural Caucus voted against it Niki Aston in Churchill for one. You clearly have been reading too many 10 percenters and not enough news Dancer.

Since when is a half a dozen "many"? It was a paltry handful.

Since when is a half a dozen "many"? It was a paltry handful.

What a bunch of hypocrites you guys are remember the only reform member to vote for the long gun registry? No I do. It was Harper get over yourselves. Maybe he alienated rural Canada being for it.

By the way half a dozen is a third of the sitting NDP. So it is a large amount of the caucus I can see math escapes you, so Let me put this way, as many NDP members voted for it as Canadians voting in the Conservatives.

Edited by punked

17 of their seats are urban, 20 of their seats are rural which is a much higher percentage then the Cons seats, Liberals, or Bloc.

Yes I know it divided the party...Jack (fighting bravely) Layton voted for it.

What a bunch of hypocrites you guys are remember the only reform member to vote for the long gun registry? No I do. It was Harper get over yourselves. Maybe he alienated rural Canada being for it.

Harper is but one man in a caucus a large caucus....something he NDP know nothing about have they ever broke 38 members?

By the way half a dozen is a third of the sitting NDP. So it is a large amount of the caucus I can see math escapes you, so Let me put this way, as many NDP members voted for it as Canadians voting in the Conservatives.

When your caucus is so small 1/3 is nothing to brag about. How about we look at it in this light how many rural citizens are represented by the CPC compaired to the NDP

When your caucus is so small 1/3 is nothing to brag about. How about we look at it in this light how many rural citizens are represented by the CPC compaired to the NDP

Still wont fit your point they are a urban party when they clearly aren't. You have too remember in a lot of rural Canada it is either a race between the NDP and Conservatives in the west, or the Liberals and the NDP in the east. Seriously you are wrong.

Edited by punked

Still wont fit your point they are a urban party when they clearly aren't.

If they are'nt,they're as strong as they will ever get because they've lost the popular vote to the Conservatives.That shift has been happening for a long time...

Edited by Jack Weber