Anne Coulter comes to Canada

What can I say? Check her website. Its under the menu item "My Life"

Coulter is the legal correspondent for Human Events and writes a popular syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate.

I stand vindicated....

http://www.humanevents.com/search.php?author_name=Ann+Coulter

Not a legal story in the lot. At least, not where Lexpert will be asking her for a submission.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should ask her if she herself will be leading the solution for Canada....will she be at the head of the invasion, or someone else?

Why the cracks about Anne's looks?How would you like it if we made jokes about two prominent female icons of the left,like Judy Rebick or Sunera Thobani? :lol:

Guest American Woman

Pretty much...Anne is about Anne and she plays to a certain ideological audience that gets off on hearing basic inflammatory things...I'll say this...She knows her audience.

She definitely has an audience, which really doesn't mean much of anything at all .... expect that she does have an audience. It seems all kinds of people manage to find an audience; some of the conservative religious leaders who say the most bizarre things have millions of viewers. They, like Ann, will have their faithful followers while no one else pays any mind to what they say. None of them will ever sway, convince anyone of anything. They are simply preaching to the choir.

Why the cracks about Anne's looks? How would you like it if we made jokes about two prominent female icons of the left,like Judy Rebick or Sunera Thobani? :lol:

Judy Rebick...they use her image at diet centres

Coulter is not an entertainer. She's an author, a legal correspondent and a columnist

One can be an author, correspondent, columnist, and also an entertainer. I'm unaware of an entertainer's license or entertainer's degree that somebody needs to have in order to be described as such.

...There is a bit of a difference...

No there isn't...speech is speech...and this is why it's so damn funny to sit back and read the exceptions, qualifications, and mental gymnastics just to isolate Ann Coulter. A television show like All in the Family would be illegal in Canada!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

A television show like All in the Family would be illegal in Canada!

No of course not.....in Canada we had a show almost exactly like All in the Family; it was called "King of Kensington".

He was exactly like Bunker except all of his friends were one colour or another and they all worked together to make a better neighbourhood where everyone not only shared each others multicultural values, they respected each other as the comically tried to take the mickey play jokes on each other.

Ironically Kensington now (wouldn't know about then, didn't live here) is a rat infested garbage strewn hole known for heroin, crack and illegal gambling.

Edited by M.Dancer

...but no hate speech laws? That was then...this is now.

....my sarcasm was missed....no, even before the hate laws, we wouldn't have made a show like till death do us part or All in the Family. Both were popular here....but in the context of a foreign show. No one would believe a Canadian living in the worlds largest most diverse city could be as boorish as Bunker....instead we get King...multiculturalism goes back a long time with us...I remember my aunt and mother talking....one said to the other "I know the Eye Ties are our friends now, but.." that was almnost 50 years ago...when two old weary women start to acknowledge that Italians could be friends....the end was near.

Americans make good TV. Canadians do again make some good TV too, but, I love House, NCIS (both) and Law and Order SVU.

Moreover, American TV can satisy the desire for politically incorrect content, making hate speech laws moot, at least in media. Al Gore's internet makes it even easier to be "offended".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Moreover, American TV can satisy the desire for politically incorrect content, making hate speech laws moot, at least in media. Al Gore's internet makes it even easier to be "offended".

I don't see American TV as any more brash than Canadian TV.

Canada also has brash programming on many different networks, including the Comedy Network....and HBO Canada. All of the programming from the US is rebroadcast as well. The laws don't go nearly as far as you'd like to make out.

Canada also has brash programming on many different networks, including the Comedy Network....and HBO Canada. All of the programming from the US is rebroadcast as well. The laws don't go nearly as far as you'd like to make out.

Then what good are they? I can promote hate in the performing arts and it is perfectly OK?

Then what good are they? I can promote hate in the performing arts and it is perfectly OK?

Probably...there are so many different exceptions and excusions that art, academia and the House places where you can say "Some gays lisp" without getting stoned.

Judy Rebick and Sonara Thobani are former heads of the National Action Committee on the Status of Women...

Neither of whom are terribly easy on the eyes...

I'm still not sure why his comment was directed at me.... :lol:

Judy Rebick and Sonara Thobani are former heads of the National Action Committee on the Status of Women...

Neither of whom are terribly easy on the eyes...

Actually, Thobani sort of works for me....not employed or anything like that....just, you know....works.