Stimulus Worked!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says a lot about the people surveyed not about the facts. Did you know less then half of republicans think he President wasn't born in the US. Says a lot about them, very little about where the president was born.

He was probably born outside the states..but what does it matter- no one down their respects the constitution or do we respect our charter...so let it slide baby let it slide to hell...

Feeling like a rock being stroked by a cold loveless lover- I don't feel the stimulus..cos it is not there. Forget lag as far as jobs are concerned..human nature has it that the money will be made to rot through hording- there are no laws in place that force the receivers of the money to actually spend the money through hiring.

I guess you could say this global trading agreements aren't working for North America. If both, Canada and the US had kept the Auto Pact or had a rules, you build it here, to sell it here, more N. Americans would have jobs. The only ones getting ahead of the shareholders, ceo and the Third World countries taking away the jobs!!!

I guess you could say this global trading agreements aren't working for North America. If both, Canada and the US had kept the Auto Pact or had a rules, you build it here, to sell it here, more N. Americans would have jobs. The only ones getting ahead of the shareholders, ceo and the Third World countries taking away the jobs!!!

The largest car market right now is China.

Proper and moderate protectionism works. CEOs are rarely in charge..usually it is some old back ground lawyer running a few shows at the same time..these ego maniacal legalists are not loyal to there base nation..and that is a problem..social economic Darwinists are a crazy bunch of cruel pricks...they do not heed the suffering of nations that gave them their start- nor are they thankful-prime example and I hate to sound like a repeating old fool - is the case of that disloyal sob...Conrad Black - he is not unique..he is typical.

It's not about jobs! The program has returned the economy to growth. The job increases lag that. Quit trying to spin everything.

You can't have a jobless recovery.

USA needs to start producing more and stop consuming.

That is the only way they can fix the problem they have.

They aren't doing that, they are just consuming more.

Once the stimulus is gone, reality will hit and they will be in a bigger mess then they would of been if they had let the Too Big Too Fails fail in the first place.

The Bailout bubble will dwarf the real estate bubble.

Digging themselves a deeper hole.

You can't have a jobless recovery.

USA needs to start producing more and stop consuming.

That is the only way they can fix the problem they have.

They aren't doing that, they are just consuming more.

Once the stimulus is gone, reality will hit and they will be in a bigger mess then they would of been if they had let the Too Big Too Fails fail in the first place.

The Bailout bubble will dwarf the real estate bubble.

Digging themselves a deeper hole.

Please use some more generalities and less facts, wait that is what you did.

January's report offers hope that employers may start adding jobs soon. Excluding the beleaguered construction industry, the private sector as a whole added 63,000 positions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35254011/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

1. Construction is a large part of the economy, so to exclude that is pointless.

2. Wasn't the stimulus suppose to be designed specifically for constructions projects? Epic failure.

3. The only jobs the stimulus has helped create or save, is government and public sector jobs. It's saved a number of states from having to trim their payrolls until later this year. That's all it's done.

Again, in January a net loss of 20,000 jobs occured, when the experts were expecting a net increase of 5,000 jobs. The stimulus has been an epic failure. Obama said it would keep unemployment from going above 8%. Is the unemployment rate higher than 8%? Yep, a lot higher. And the more people see this chump proclaiming success, the more the public will see him as detached and delusional.

When it comes to jobs, Obama says MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! :blink: Yikes!

Yep try to got one of the 1.6 million jobs it made only 40% of the way though.

I love working at something useful..always approached things in a vigorous and dutiful manner- the feds are not big on dreamers and human dynamos looking for a place to happen. They made short work in assisting to destroy my aspirations. SOME of us need specific types of employment..some of us are hard wired design wise..if the strict and cruel conservative notion still exists out there that unless you serve the agenda of some powerful person operating out of the public and private sphere...and are compliant to that will - they have no use for you and no matter how diligent you are they dispose of you..so - A PERSON of my ability and experience does not need to using up the last of his precious life standing beside some immigrant in a plastic apron cutting off fish heads. So I guess I am at the end of the employment road...unless something pops up...then back to work I go- rich or poor it does not matter to me at this time.

1. Construction is a large part of the economy, so to exclude that is pointless.

2. Wasn't the stimulus suppose to be designed specifically for constructions projects? Epic failure.

3. The only jobs the stimulus has helped create or save, is government and public sector jobs. It's saved a number of states from having to trim their payrolls until later this year. That's all it's done.

Again, in January a net loss of 20,000 jobs occured, when the experts were expecting a net increase of 5,000 jobs. The stimulus has been an epic failure. Obama said it would keep unemployment from going above 8%. Is the unemployment rate higher than 8%? Yep, a lot higher. And the more people see this chump proclaiming success, the more the public will see him as detached and delusional.

Spin Spin Spin fact is you didn't even know what the unemployment rate was Shady.

Take a feather pillow and cut it open atop of the CN Tower..those feathers flying are jobs that do not exist in North America..pumping money into the job market will never bring those jobs back- what took decades to destroy can not be repaired in a month...I wonder how much of this stimulus money will end up in India and China- our industrialist are habitualists and getting to break the habit of relentlessly seeking cheap labor is a hard habit to break.

Behold! Obama's epic failure of a stimulus package at work!

Stimulus funds going to slashed programs

WASHINGTON — More than $3.5 billion in economic stimulus funds are going to programs that President Obama wants to eliminate or trim in his new budget.

The president's budget released this month recommends getting rid of Army Corps of Engineers' drinking-water projects, which got $200 million in stimulus funds, and a U.S. Department of Agriculture flood-prevention program, which received $290 million from the stimulus, a USA TODAY review of stimulus spending reports show.

The administration's budget plan says the corps and USDA programs are inefficient and duplicate similar, more effective work by other agencies. The proposed cuts indicate the programs shouldn't have gotten money from the $862 billion stimulus package

Link

Stimulus spending so far

Not only that, of the $250 - $300 billion dollars spent from the stimulus so far, $135 billion of it has been spent on non-stimulus programs. $33 billion to states for education and $104 billion to states for medicare, food stamps, and unemployment insurance. That leaves only $150 billion dollars for the so-called saving of the economy. Nevermind the trillion dollar TARP program, nevermind all of the several hundred billion dollars to the banks and car companies, it's Obama's small slice of money from the stimulus that prevented the economy from going over the cliff! :rolleyes:

I know the stimulus is creating jobs, I am not denying that. What would you expect when you pump billions into the economy.

But the jobs that are being created are only there because of the stimulus and will disappear as soon as the stimulus does.

America needs to stop buying everything from China and start producing/manufacture goods. They aren't doing that.

You have to realize that the entire problem is over consumption.

What caused the real estate market to collapse? over consumption.

People buying houses they couldn't afford with money they didn't have.

Nothing has changed, the government is encouraging people to buy more with money they don't have.

They can't spend their way out of this one.

What got them out of the Great Depression, WW2, a productive capacity.

And if they just continue to prop up their economy by printing money, they will just continue to inflate their dollar and that will lead to even bigger problems.

I know it would of been bad had they not had the stimulus.

The problem is they are making things worse and it will last even longer now.

Not only that, of the $250 - $300 billion dollars spent from the stimulus so far, $135 billion of it has been spent on non-stimulus programs. $33 billion to states for education and $104 billion to states for medicare, food stamps, and unemployment insurance.

You don't think that helps people get through the recession? You're completely economically clueless.

The rich and powerful making these decisions are not gods. They make historic mistakes over and over again. History repeats itself. Look at gold prices..and look at the way that gold is being sucked away from the population and sent to the refinery- "we will gladly except your gold for cash- even your broken gold" That in a nut shell shows deception..gold does not break..something is going on here that reminds me of what took place prior the great depression..Gold almost became illegal to own privately and someone is stock piling it AGAIN.

Normally I would think that's another one of your lies, but it seems you've sourced it with a blinky face. The link is broken though. Can you provide the citation?

And should I just include "didn't think so" now?

You're so right, Oleg.

When the stimulus/porkulus bill was being debated ... was it debated??? ... Obama triumphantly promised it would create over three million jobs. Now they are saying that it 'saved' 2 million. What a joke. The jobs they have saved are the SEIU employees overpaid jobs with municipal and state governments. The states are broke. You think Greece is bad?

To be justified, a stimulus is supposed to create more jobs than the people it directly hires. They should be in the private sector, because that is where the wealth is created. So, if it saved 2 million public sector jobs, it should have created at least that many in the private sector ... and the private sector is still shedding jobs.

Whoever this 'punked' punk is ... he's been punked.

The rich and powerful making these decisions are not gods. They make historic mistakes over and over again. History repeats itself. Look at gold prices..and look at the way that gold is being sucked away from the population and sent to the refinery- "we will gladly except your gold for cash- even your broken gold" That in a nut shell shows deception..gold does not break..something is going on here that reminds me of what took place prior the great depression..Gold almost became illegal to own privately and someone is stock piling it AGAIN.

I don't think they've made a mistake, I'm pretty sure everything is going to plan.

You're so right, Oleg.

When the stimulus/porkulus bill was being debated ... was it debated??? ... Obama triumphantly promised it would create over three million jobs. Now they are saying that it 'saved' 2 million. What a joke. The jobs they have saved are the SEIU employees overpaid jobs with municipal and state governments. The states are broke. You think Greece is bad?

To be justified, a stimulus is supposed to create more jobs than the people it directly hires. They should be in the private sector, because that is where the wealth is created. So, if it saved 2 million public sector jobs, it should have created at least that many in the private sector ... and the private sector is still shedding jobs.

Whoever this 'punked' punk is ... he's been punked.

I am glade you showed you can't read. Please go read the article which tears apart your whole post, it is the one in the first post.