Stimulus Worked!

Let’s say this bill had started spending money within a matter of weeks and had rapidly helped the economy. Let’s also imagine it was large enough to have had a huge impact on jobs — employing something like two million people who would otherwise be unemployed right now.

If that had happened, what would the economy look like today?

Well, it would look almost exactly as it does now. Because those nice descriptions of the stimulus that I just gave aren’t hypothetical. They are descriptions of the actual bill.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/business/economy/17leonhardt.html

Good thing Republicans supported recovery for America right? Wait they didn't. Now Dems have to own saving America from record unemployment. Ohhhhh no what will they do.

Nice little video too round this post out.

Edited by punked

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money is a belief system- a religion... confidence in that god might be restored by artificaly stimulating the idol into action- depends on what the crafty high priests do with the public sacrifice of the public purse. This might just be a temporary reprieve..unless those high priests show respect and grant power where it is deserved..and are thankful to the contributors of the bailouts then it is back to jail for them..and there will not be a second rescue..for us or them.

LOL! :lol:

CERTAINLY! I believe! - but I just do not feel the magic..all I see on my daily walks along Queen Street east and west is poverty working up into our proud middle class who are vainly attempting to carry themselves in pride as they suffer the pains and thoughts of up and coming poverty--they had better stimulate the unwashed mass or the whole body will lose faith and we all be damned.

Without the stimulus, they saw the unemployment rate — then 7.2 percent — rising above 8 percent in 2009 and peaking at 9 percent next year. With the stimulus, the advisers said, unemployment would probably peak at 8 percent late this year.

NYT

Current unemployment rate - 10.1%

Since 10.1 > 8

Stimulus = epic failure.

Current unemployment rate - 10.1%

Since 10.1 > 8

Stimulus = epic failure.

Actually Shady the unemployment rate fell too 9.7% in Jan from 10.1 in Dec. Unlike Reagan Obama's unemployment has already started too fall it didn't take two years, and a rate of 11% too stop the bleeding. STIMULUS WORKED!

Try to keep up to date on your talking points or you look foolish again.

Edited by punked

I think this pretty much sums it up! :lol:

Last time I checked Evan Byah was a private citizen, and not the President. Yep again your facts are weeks old, you refuse to live in the present. Maybe if you are lucky you can freeze time too a month ago when Brown won and live in that Glory. The rest of us in the real world will keep moving with time. 1,6 MILLION JOBS CREATED TO SAVE THE PEOPLE OF THE US.

It's sad that when faced with irrefutable data and a consensus among every major economic research firm, you are reduced to increasing your font size.

Sad, but very, very amusing.

:)

"every major economic research firm" May like the banks were reduced to increasing their financial font size also..which lead to all the problems to begin with- making something out of nothing for to long was not sustainable..and simply stating that something has worked does not make it so..it maybe helpful to those research firms which are the banks in their desire to continue to survive.. but like I said- it's a religion and a belief system and I just don't believe in the people who screwed up and now say that all is well...show me!

They still have 80% of the stimulus unspent. It worked already? Then why are they working on a job bill, punked?

It's logical and clear that all we did was shore up the privledged few who would suffer trama if they ended up at the frinking food bank. Heaven forbid they would have to do without those 20 thousand dollar bathroom make overs.Here are the American facts-- a company gets a million bucks and two jobs are created- so who is getting the bulk and for what?

And only in the pathetic Obama Administration does the unemployment rate drop when the economy sheds 30,000 jobs. Looks like they're using the same type of creating accounting as AIG and Lehman Brothers! :lol:

Great points sharkman! It worked so well that they're desperately trying to pass a new jobs bill (simtulus 2.0) and only a portion of the first stimulus (1.0) has even been spent, but apparently it only took a fraction of the $800 billion to restore the economy! Who knew? :lol:

T

The rich, privledged have one rule of thumb..that they are groomed and trained with..Take everything and give nothing back...it is simple but it works and it does not take a lot of brains to maintain power..as long as you have this rule down pat. Getting the stimulus money out of their hands and back into the system will be like pulling teeth when it comes to these poor managers of the world.

And only in the pathetic Obama Administration does the unemployment rate drop when the economy sheds 30,000 jobs. Looks like they're using the same type of creating accounting as AIG and Lehman Brothers! :lol:

Great points sharkman! It worked so well that they're desperately trying to pass a new jobs bill (simtulus 2.0) and only a portion of the first stimulus (1.0) has even been spent, but apparently it only took a fraction of the $800 billion to restore the economy! Who knew? :lol:

Nope they are using the accounting of Employment the Reagan Adminstation set up. You might not know this but after Reagan hit 11% unemployment the Department of Labour changed the way the Unemployment rate was calculated.

Although the same thing happened to Reagan Here is a whole newspaper article from 1980 showing the exact same thing Shady. So I guess it wouldn't only be "the pathetic Obama Administration does the unemployment rate drop when the economy sheds 30,000 jobs". Because according too that article when Reagan had 580,000 jobs Shed in Dec of 1981 and yet unemployment went down. Shady

facts really escape you on your double speak don't they?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1908&dat=19820207&id=jkIrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TdQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2837,2930318

ORRRRRRR get this Shady, they created MORE jobs then were lost. WHAT AN IDEA.

As for the Jobs bill there should be one, regardless of if the unemployment rate went down 9.7% is not good more jobs are needed.

Sharkman according to this BBC article 272 billion have been spent or around 35-40% I know it is hard when you are using September number of 20% but people seem too live in the past on this board too suit their needs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8520866.stm

Citations and facts Republicans get use too it cause from now on I am calling you a liar with out them.

Okay punked, let's say they've spent a further 20% of the stimulus since then and have at this date spent 40%. They have 60% left, which is 472 billion of 787 billion originally. The job bill I heard described is in the neighborhood of 80 billion. Again, if the stimulus worked and they have 472 billion left, why do they need a job bill?(Although I find it odd you had to reference a BBC source)

They shouldn't need to. But it's not working very well or they wouldn't be trying to pass another bill. It's a good strategy though for the Obama administration to come out guns blazing on the one year anniversary of the stimulus bill. You can tell they were lining up economic research firms and the like to trot out to a friendly media. Let's take another look at this in May when the job rate has climbed upwards again and California, Florida and others are screaming for help.

ORRRRRRR get this Shady, they created MORE jobs then were lost. WHAT AN IDEA.

That's a great idea, but it's not reality. In January, the economy lost 30,000 net jobs. That number comes from combining the number of jobs added, with the number of jobs lost. That came to 30,000. Yet the unemployment rate drops. Creative Obama accounting. :lol:

It's caused by people giving up on finding a job, because they can't find any. Stimulus worked! :lol:

The ratio of money sent too jobs created does not make sense. I could see a ten million dollars being shoved into a company and a thousand new jobs being created. It does not make sense that ten million arrives and ten jobs are being created. It sure looks like they are simply shoring up some failed upper class that really does not do a good job at being the upper class...aristocrat means best to rule...evidently those that think they are aristocrats are not.

That's a great idea, but it's not reality. In January, the economy lost 30,000 net jobs. That number comes from combining the number of jobs added, with the number of jobs lost. That came to 30,000. Yet the unemployment rate drops. Creative Obama accounting. :lol:

It's caused by people giving up on finding a job, because they can't find any. Stimulus worked! :lol:

Again Reagan set up how the depart of labour calculates the numbers NOT OBAMA.

January's report offers hope that employers may start adding jobs soon. Excluding the beleaguered construction industry, the private sector as a whole added 63,000 positions.

John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo, said the drop in the unemployment rate wasn't a result of a shrinking labor force, which has held the rate down in previous months.

"It simply was, people found jobs," he said. The report is "consistent with continued improvement in the labor market."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35254011/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

Edited by punked