One GOP member Holding up all of Obama's nominations

Good let the Senate approve them then! One Senator does not approve nominees. System is broken.
The Democrats had a filibuster-proof majority for a year and what have they done with it?

Now, they are back to the real world of "bi-partisan" politics. Pelosi and the others cannot do it their way.

BTW, I happen to think that Obama is better at compromise than he is at one-party rule. With the way things are going, I think Obama will be a more productive president after 2010.

The Democrats had a filibuster-proof majority for a year and what have they done with it?

Now, they are back to the real world of "bi-partisan" politics. Pelosi and the others cannot do it their way.

BTW, I happen to think that Obama is better at compromise than he is at one-party rule. With the way things are going, I think Obama will be a more productive president after 2010.

Doesn't have anything to do with 1 guy holding up 70 departments in the governments who haven't been led for 8 months because he hates democracy, just let them vote on it.

One Republican Senator has put a hold on 70 Obama nominations, I think someone needs to remind this guy he isn't the president Obama is.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/report-shelby-blocks-all-obama-nominations-in-the-senate-over-al-earmarks.php

Time to pull out that ol' constitution there. The President does not have the power to simply appoint, that durned ol' Senate's got a say. Maybe you should pose that question in reverse.

Welcome to the checks and balances of the American constitution. A beauty to behold.

Obama wouldn't be the first Democratic president who had more problems when both houses were controlled by his fellow party members than when the GOP was running the show.

Time to pull out that ol' constitution there. The President does not have the power to simply appoint, that durned ol' Senate's got a say. Maybe you should pose that question in reverse.

Welcome to the checks and balances of the American constitution. A beauty to behold.

He isn't appointing I would love for the Senate to vote and approve or disapprove of these nominees, the problem is they can't. He could nominate Karl Marx, Jesus, or Reagan none of them would get a vote right now because ONE MAN is holding them up. LET THE SENATE VOTE ON THIS!!!! Fine by me if they disapprove them then the President could nominate someone else, and these departments could GET TO WORK. Let the Government get to work that is all I am asking. Have the vote and let the government get to work.

I would also point out one nominees hold was dropped two days ago and they were approved 90-0 it only took 8 months for a nominee who was approved unanimously to get a vote because that is democracy to Republicans. Now one guy is holding up 70 departments.

Edited by punked

Ah, punked. I'm sure many liberal types like you across the fruited plain are outraged how this could happen to your president. Imagine, Obama has a majority in both houses and his nominations sit at the whim of the other party. Ring a bell, anyone?

Sounds like a broken record, right? Like when the Dems held up Bush's nominations in his first term? Now liberals in the states are no doubt outraged that this could happen to them. Personally, I think it's kind of delicious.

Ah, punked. I'm sure many liberal types like you across the fruited plain are outraged how this could happen to your president. Imagine, Obama has a majority in both houses and his nominations sit at the whim of the other party. Ring a bell, anyone?

Sounds like a broken record, right? Like when the Dems held up Bush's nominations in his first term? Now liberals in the states are no doubt outraged that this could happen to them. Personally, I think it's kind of delicious.

But it isn't a party, it isn't all 39 Republicans like I said two days ago a hold was dropped and no one voted against the guy. It is one person hold America hostage to get some pork from the president and the president is holding his ground. I am sure you love the fact that the American government is running at half what it could be at a critic time. I just want the system too work. If the republicans want to filibuster then fine whatever but when one Senator can hold up the whole government with out having to do a thing the system is broken.

Keep loving it though maybe America will wake to crazies like yourself who love that nominees who are being voted on unanimously take a year or two to get appointed too posts no one objects too them holding.

But it isn't a party, it isn't all 39 Republicans like I said two days ago a hold was dropped and no one voted against the guy. It is one person hold America hostage to get some pork from the president and the president is holding his ground.

So what? Go back and count the number of Bush nominees who couldn't get a straight up or down vote in the US Senate. You have a very short memory.

I am sure you love the fact that the American government is running at half what it could be at a critic time. I just want the system too work. If the republicans want to filibuster then fine whatever but when one Senator can hold up the whole government with out having to do a thing the system is broken.

Well hell, at least it's running, which is more than we can see in Canada right now. Enjoy the Olympics! :lol:

Keep loving it though maybe America will wake to crazies like yourself who love that nominees who are being voted on unanimously take a year or two to get appointed too posts no one objects too them holding.

Nope....it's all part of the same game. We don't change the rules for Obama, especially after he pissed away a rare Senate super-majority.

So what? Go back and count the number of Bush nominees who couldn't get a straight up or down vote in the US Senate. You have a very short memory.

Well hell, at least it's running, which is more than we can see in Canada right now. Enjoy the Olympics! :lol:

Nope....it's all part of the same game. We don't change the rules for Obama, especially after he pissed away a rare Senate super-majority.

Were all of them held up by one person? I don't remembering that happening, sometimes when the Dems held them up they were grandstanding but at least they had courage to say they were going to do it. Putting a blanket on democracy and abusing the system is not right no matter what party does it. If the Republicans want to hold these people up they should vote against them like the Dems did not 90-0 for approval AFTER 8 MONTHS.

I think Obama's nominations might be held up because of the way he skirted the rules during the previous year. Obama's appointed something like 40 czars to various positions within the federal government, in one year. All without senate confirmation. He may now be paying for that.

I think Obama's nominations might be held up because of the way he skirted the rules during the previous year. Obama's appointed something like 40 czars to various positions within the federal government, in one year. All without senate confirmation. He may now be paying for that.

Ummmmm those same have been appointed with out Senate nominations by every president since Nixon you know that right? So your theory is wrong as always. The problem is the this one GOP Senator is being ridiculous and trying to hold the country hostage for some pork.

That's completely false. Obama has created several new czar positions. He has more czars now than Bush had in 8 years! And it's only been 1 year.

Again you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Obama has appointed 8 czars much less then the 47 Bush appointed while he has 38 czars 3 more then Bush's 35 most of them are just Carry overs from Bush. So if you have a problem 15 of Obama czars you might want too take it up with Bush who appointed them, unless you have a problem with the 8 Obama appointed. 9 of them were confirmed and the last 8 were appointed NOT by Obama but by outside organizations like the special advisor to the EPA overseeing its Great Lakes restoration plan ("Great Lakes czar") is EPA-appointed.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/09/czar-search/

Do you do research on this stuff Shady or just listen to talk radio all day and just repeat what they say?

And the news is out it is Republican Shelby from Alabama who has placed the holds. He has placed because he wants the whitehouse or Senate to Award a 35 billion dollar contract to a company which has given him over 100,000 in donations over the past 10 year, instead of it going to another company. He wont lift the hold until his favorite company gets the contract. Wowzer I don't even think this is a Dem vs Rep thing I think it is a corruption vs. the American people thing here. I am glade the Democrats have held out for 9 months caving too this guy so this stuff could be found out.

http://www.publicintegrity.org/blog/entry/1932/

Shady please tell me more about how this is about the Czars now that the shit has hit the fan?

Edited by punked

Obama has appointed 8.

Yeah, in his first day! :lol:

Afghanistan-Pakistan (Af-Pak) czar, Richard Holbrooke

AIDS czar, Jeffrey Crowley

Auto recovery czar, Ed Montgomery

Behavioral science czar, position not yet filled

Bailout czar, Herbert Allison Jr.,

Border czar, Alan Bersin

Car czar, Ron Bloom

Climate change czar, Todd Stern

Copyright czar, not appointed yet

Counterterrorism czar, John Brennan

Cybersecurity czar Melissa Hathaway

Disinformation czar, Linda Douglass

Domestic violence czar, Lynn Rosenthal

Drug czar, Gil Kerlikowske

Economic czar, Larry Summers

Economic czar number two, Paul Volcker

Education czar, Arne Duncan

Energy czar, Carol Browner

Food czar, Michael Taylor

Government performance czar, Jeffrey Zients

Great Lakes czar, Cameron Davis

Green jobs czar, Van Jones

Guantanamo closure czar, Daniel Fried

Health czar, Nancy-Ann DeParle

Infotech czar, Vivek Kundra

Intelligence czar, Dennis Blair

Latin-American czar, Arturo Valenzuela Mideast peace czar, George Mitchell

Mideast policy czar, Dennis Ross

Pay czar, Kenneth Feinberg

Regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein

Religion czar, aka God czar Joshua DuBois

Safe schools czar, Kevin Jennings

Science czar, John Holdren

Stimulus oversight czar, Earl Devaney

Sudan czar, J. Scott Gration

TARP czar, Elizabeth Warren

Technology czar, Aneesh Chopra

Trade czar, Ron Kirk

Urban affairs czar, Adolfo Carrion

War czar, Douglas Lute

Water czar, David J. Hayes

Weapons czar, Ashton Carter

Weapons of mass destruction czar, Gary Samore

Positions being planned:

Income redistribution czar

Land-use czar

Mortgage czar, formally "consumer financial protection czar" (source)

Radio-internet fairness czar

Student loan czar, to oversee a program of mandatory service in return for college money (source)

Voter list czar

Zoning czar

Edited by Shady

Yeah, in his first day! :lol:

Afghanistan-Pakistan (Af-Pak) czar, Richard Holbrooke

AIDS czar, Jeffrey Crowley

Auto recovery czar, Ed Montgomery

Behavioral science czar, position not yet filled

Bailout czar, Herbert Allison Jr.,

Border czar, Alan Bersin

Car czar, Ron Bloom

Climate change czar, Todd Stern

Copyright czar, not appointed yet

Counterterrorism czar, John Brennan

Cybersecurity czar Melissa Hathaway

Disinformation czar, Linda Douglass

Domestic violence czar, Lynn Rosenthal

Drug czar, Gil Kerlikowske

Economic czar, Larry Summers

Economic czar number two, Paul Volcker

Education czar, Arne Duncan

Energy czar, Carol Browner

Food czar, Michael Taylor

Government performance czar, Jeffrey Zients

Great Lakes czar, Cameron Davis

Green jobs czar, Van Jones

Guantanamo closure czar, Daniel Fried

Health czar, Nancy-Ann DeParle

Infotech czar, Vivek Kundra

Intelligence czar, Dennis Blair

Latin-American czar, Arturo Valenzuela Mideast peace czar, George Mitchell

Mideast policy czar, Dennis Ross

Pay czar, Kenneth Feinberg

Regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein

Religion czar, aka God czar Joshua DuBois

Safe schools czar, Kevin Jennings

Science czar, John Holdren

Stimulus oversight czar, Earl Devaney

Sudan czar, J. Scott Gration

TARP czar, Elizabeth Warren

Technology czar, Aneesh Chopra

Trade czar, Ron Kirk

Urban affairs czar, Adolfo Carrion

War czar, Douglas Lute

Water czar, David J. Hayes

Weapons czar, Ashton Carter

Weapons of mass destruction czar, Gary Samore

Positions being planned:

Income redistribution czar

Land-use czar

Mortgage czar, formally "consumer financial protection czar" (source)

Radio-internet fairness czar

Student loan czar, to oversee a program of mandatory service in return for college money (source)

Voter list czar

Zoning czar

How come you can't read?

Obama appointed 8 of those, 15 were Bush holdovers WHO BUSH APPOINTED, 9 were voted on by the senate, and another 8 were appointed by outside organizations.

SO OBAMA APPOINTED 8!

How come you can't read?

Obama appointed 8 of those, 15 were Bush holdovers WHO BUSH APPOINTED, 9 were voted on by the senate, and another 8 were appointed by outside organizations.

SO OBAMA APPOINTED 8!

Why must you lie?

Afghanistan Czar - Richard Holbrooke

Title: Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan

Appointed: January 2009

Auto Recovery Czar - Ed Montgomery

Title: Director of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers

Appointed: March 2009

California Water Czar - David J. Hayes

Title: Deputy Interior Secretary

Appointed: June 2009

Car Czar - Ron Bloom

Title: Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury

Appointed: July 2009

Central Region Czar - Dennis Ross

Title: Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region

Reports to: National Security Adviser Gen. James L. Jones

Climate Czar - Todd Stern

Title: Special Envoy for Climate Change

Domestic Violence Czar - Lynn Rosenthal

Title: White House adviser on Violence Against Women

Energy and Environment Czar - Carol Browner

Title: Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change

Government Performance Czar - Jeffrey Zients

Title: Chief Performance Officer

Appointed: April 2009

Great Lakes Czar - Cameron Davis

Title: Special advisor to the U.S. EPA overseeing its Great Lakes restoration plan

Green Jobs Czar - Van Jones

Title: Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality

Guantanamo Closure Czar - Daniel Fried

Title: Special envoy to oversee the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay

Information Czar - Vivek Kundra

Title: Federal Chief Information Officer

Mideast Peace Czar - George Mitchell

Title: Special Envoy for Middle East Peace

Pay Czar - Kenneth R. Feinberg

Title: Special Master on executive pay

Science Czar - John Holdren

Title: Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and

Appointed: December 2008

Stimulus Accountability Czar - Earl Devaney

Title: Chair of the Recovery Act Transparency and Accountability Board

Appointed: February 2009

Sudan Czar - J. Scott Gration

Title: Special Envoy to Sudan

TARP Czar - Herb Allison

Title: Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability

Technology Czar - Aneesh Chopra

Title: Chief Technology Officer

Terrorism Czar - John Brennan

Title: Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

Urban Affairs Czar - Adolfo Carrion Jr.

Title: White House Director of Urban Affairs

Weapons Czar - Ashton Carter

Title: Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

WMD Policy Czar - Gary Samore

Title: White House Coordinator for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Security and Arms Control

Why do you have to resort to blatant lying? I don't understand it. Especially when it's so provable. All of these Czar positions didn't even exist in the prior administration. They're all new creations of Obama.

And that doesn't even include the normal set of Czars that have existed over the last couple of decades, such as Drug Czar, etc.

Why must you lie?

Afghanistan Czar - Richard Holbrooke

Title: Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan

Auto Recovery Czar - Ed Montgomery

Title: Director of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers

California Water Czar - David J. Hayes

Title: Deputy Interior Secretary

Car Czar - Ron Bloom

Title: Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury

Appointed: July 2009

Central Region Czar - Dennis Ross

Title: Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region

Reports to: National Security Adviser Gen. James L. Jones

Climate Czar - Todd Stern

Title: Special Envoy for Climate Change

Domestic Violence Czar - Lynn Rosenthal

Title: White House adviser on Violence Against Women

Energy and Environment Czar - Carol Browner

Title: Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change

Government Performance Czar - Jeffrey Zients

Title: Chief Performance Officer

Title: Special advisor to the U.S. EPA overseeing its Great Lakes restoration plan

Green Jobs Czar - Van Jones

Title: Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality

Guantanamo Closure Czar - Daniel Fried

Title: Special envoy to oversee the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay

Information Czar - Vivek Kundra

Title: Federal Chief Information Officer

Mideast Peace Czar - George Mitchell

Title: Special Envoy for Middle East Peace

Pay Czar - Kenneth R. Feinberg

Title: Special Master on executive pay

Science Czar - John Holdren

Title: Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and

Appointed: December 2008

Stimulus Accountability Czar - Earl Devaney

Title: Chair of the Recovery Act Transparency and Accountability Board

Sudan Czar - J. Scott Gration

Title: Special Envoy to Sudan

TARP Czar - Herb Allison

Title: Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability

Technology Czar - Aneesh Chopra

Title: Chief Technology Officer

Terrorism Czar - John Brennan

Title: Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

Urban Affairs Czar - Adolfo Carrion Jr.

Title: White House Director of Urban Affairs

Weapons Czar - Ashton Carter

Title: Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

WMD Policy Czar - Gary Samore

Title: White House Coordinator for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Security and Arms Control

Why do you have to resort to blatant lying? I don't understand it. Especially when it's so provable. All of these Czar positions didn't even exist in the prior administration. They're all new creations of Obama.

And that doesn't even include the normal set of Czars that have existed over the last couple of decades, such as Drug Czar, etc.

PLEASE LEARN HOW TO READ. You cited one of my own examples I GAVE YOU of how the president doesn't appoint many of these czars.

That title is appointed by the EPA the president has nothing to do with along with many of the czars you point out.

So you prove again you don't know how to read and you don't know how the system works. AGAIN the president has appointed 8 czars, 15 were Bush carry overs, 9 were approved by the Senate, and 8 were were appointed by outside organizations such as the EPA. No matter how many times you list the czars it doesn't change the FACTS Shady. Obama has appointed 8 so far to Bushes 45, Bush had 8 years to appoint all those and when vacancies come up on matter that concern only the whitehouse I understand it is proper place o fill them. I don't fault Bush for doing so, in 8 years (god willing) I am sure Obama will have appointed just as many. Nice List from Glen Beck though too bad you didn't actually fact check anything or didn't read anything I posted. Do all republicans have trouble reading or just you Shady?

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/09/czar-search/

You also haven't addressed the fact that Shelby is holding the country hostage for a 35 billion dollar contract, that he wants given too someone who has filled his pockets. Corruption!

Edited by punked

You're being purposely dishonest. It's fun to catch you in a blatant lie.

9 were approved by the Senate

The 9 that were approved by the Senate aren't on the list I provided. I provided only new Obama created Czar positions. LEARN HOW TO READ.

24 newly created Czar positions by the Obama administration. That's a fact.

Edited by Shady