Racism on the reserve

The charter of rights doomed this country, IMO it has made it impossible to govern,no matter what the govermnet or anyone does offends someone somewhere. Biligualism is creeping into eastern ont and deviding towns that never had a problem before.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious how the Charter's scope only includes First Nations when it protects them from discrimination, and not, apparently, others from being discriminated against by First Nations.

It's protection's don't seem to apply on the Kahnawake reserve which suggests it really isn't part of Canada after all.

It's interesting that the government argues the Charter shouldn't protect Omar Khadr because he was outside Canada when arrested.

Well slap me silly...a consistent policy...who would a thunk it?

It's protection's don't seem to apply on the Kahnawake reserve which suggests it really isn't part of Canada after all.

It's interesting that the government argues the Charter shouldn't protect Omar Khadr because he was outside Canada when arrested.

Well slap me silly...a consistent policy...who would a thunk it?

Well, it's clear Afghanistan is not part of Canada. A whole raft of evidence would seem to prove that First Nations reserves, however, are, including the existence of the Indian Act and First Nations use of the Canadian Charter of Rights when it suits them.

Trudeau's government (Chretien actually) issued a policy in 1969 (The White Paper) about extending equality to aboriginal peoples across Canada:

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/ai/arp/ls/pubs/cp1969/cp1969-eng.asp

Equality, however, meant giving up any claims First Nations would have to treaty rights, so they rejected the White Paper policy with a response known as Citizen Plus (The Red Paper):

(key points) http://www.canadiana.org/citm/_textpopups/aboriginals/doc75_e.html

The federal government soon dropped the idea of dropping Native services overnight and an era of corrupt band politics began, which we're still in. True, whites oppressed the Natives, but now it's Band Councils and Natives oppressing Natives, as well as whites. The only way First Nations will be better off in Canada is if they find a way to live within Canada as other cultures do. They need to embrace cultural syncretism and move into the heterogeneous society that has been built here.

Edited by cybercoma

Trudeau's government (Chretien actually) issued a policy in 1969 (The White Paper) about extending equality to aboriginal peoples across Canada:

http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/ai/arp/ls/pubs/cp1969/cp1969-eng.asp

Equality, however, meant giving up any claims First Nations would have to treaty rights, so they rejected the White Paper policy with a response known as Citizen Plus (The Red Paper):

(key points) http://www.canadiana.org/citm/_textpopups/aboriginals/doc75_e.html

The federal government soon dropped the idea of dropping Native services overnight and an era of corrupt band politics began, which we're still in. True, whites oppressed the Natives, but now it's Band Councils and Natives oppressing Natives, as well as whites. The only way First Nations will be better off in Canada is if they find a way to live within Canada as other cultures do. They need to embrace cultural syncretism and move into the heterogeneous society that has been built here.

Nah.

Myth. Fiction. And propaganda.

Hear, hear! And the criminal race is such a noble breed, their robbery, raping, and murder a way of getting in touch with the gentle spirit of Mother Earth. Only a barbarian would opress these people merely because of the colour of their bandanas.

[c/e]

"gentle Mother Earth?" Most of them are Catholics or some other Christian Sect. Hence the words "Hell" and "Angels"

Edited by Shwa

Hear, hear! And the criminal race is such a noble breed, their robbery, raping, and murder a way of getting in touch with the gentle spirit of Mother Earth. Only a barbarian would opress these people merely because of the colour of their bandanas.

[c/e]

poverty tends to do that to people.

You're right. What was I thinking? There's no correlation between poverty and crime.

Uh huh....no correlation between poverty and some crime.

Is their a correlation between poverty and insider trading?

How about rape?

Arson?

What ever.....the notion that the Angels sprung from poverty is without merit. Now had you said that the Angels make there money from the impoverished, you would be closer to the truth...

No...as mentioned, the 303rd Bomb Group from WW2. At least according to Sonny Barger. http://www.303rdbg.com/

No. I think you are referring to the phrase "Hell's Angels.' I was referring to the unmarked words 'hell' and 'angel.' They sound like Christian words to me, at least in the most common modern usage on this side of the world, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Shwa

No. I think you are referring to the phrase "Hell's Angels.' I was referring to the unmarked words 'hell' and 'angel.' They sound like Christian words to me, at least in the most common modern usage on this side of the world, wouldn't you agree?

Which of course has all the relevance of the sound of a fart in space.

Hell is also a town in Missouri, a place in Switzerland and a street in holland.

Angels are investors on broadway, detectives on TV and a baseball team in Anaheim.

BTW, how many angels can you parse on a pinhead?

Edited by M.Dancer