Racism on the reserve

At least posters like Mr. Canada and g_bambino don't try and hide their bigotry and are at least honest about it.

I can't believe you just put these two people in the same though. Bambino is nothing like Mr. Canada, and I don't think he's a bigot....of course, I'm probably a bigot too.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you just put these two people in the same though. Bambino is nothing like Mr. Canada, and I don't think he's a bigot....of course, I'm probably a bigot too.

You have to understand Shwa and CR's definition of bigotry. It's quite simple, really. Anyone who disagrees with any native or native position in any way or at any time is a bigot.

More simply, anyone who disagrees with Shwa or CR is a bigot.

To these two, what any and all natives believe is Gospel and any difference or criticism is always wrong and springs not from any evidence, reasoning or history but simply from racism.

If you remember that at all times it will make debating with them much simpler.

You have to understand Shwa and CR's definition of bigotry. It's quite simple, really. Anyone who disagrees with any native or native position in any way or at any time is a bigot.

To these two, what any and all natives believe is Gospel and any difference or criticism is always wrong and springs not from any evidence, reasoning or history but simply from racism.

Wrong.

Guest TrueMetis

Welcome to a political internet forum.

Thanks for posting anyways. That was really helpful.

Most threads on other things tend to get somewhere the only ones that don't tend to be ones on First Nations and Global Warming.

Most threads on other things tend to get somewhere the only ones that don't tend to be ones on First Nations and Global Warming.

It's pretty standard no matter what we're talking about. I'm here for the discussion. Some posters just stonewall and troll for the sake of it and that's probably why First Nations threads end up the way they do. Here we have CR.

Guest TrueMetis

It's pretty standard no matter what we're talking about. I'm here for the discussion. Some posters just stonewall and troll for the sake of it and that's probably why First Nations threads end up the way they do. Here we have CR.

Ya I geuss.

Maybe the whole thing needs to be renegotiated, but I really don't care it will have no effect on me either way.

Edited by TrueMetis

Not at all. In fact there are many things "native" that need correction or redirection. The problem is, people with little or no knowledge of the 'facts of life' insofar as it relates to Canada and immigrants/natives/minorities/Americans (take your pick) tend towards bigotry because instead of careful and thoughtful investigation they reel back on their preconceived ideas when confronted with facts that are contrary to their reasoning. Sometimes those preconceived ideas are based upon sterotypes that are not only innapropriate for discussion, but they are simply wrong. And then, of course, using derogatory language about another group of people doesn't help does it?

Actually, while not a compliment by any means, at least bigots show some form of honesty and, when given the opportunity and information, I have seen more than a few change their tune. As well, I have known a few that play the bigot card to fit in - like some macho bravado they use to gain access to social groups. I suspect some posters here are just like that. They are likely thoughtful people who would never behave that way in mixed company.

You haven't posted a single point/fact in this entire thread...clown.

How would you know Nancy? The only thing you can fall back on is a mildly retarded and highly ineffectual opinion. You wouldn't know a 'fact' from shinola. Go back to your tinkertoys.

You wouldn't know a 'fact' from shinola. Go back to your tinkertoys.

What about Section 1 of the Charter? I posted that. I also posted what the SCoC decided needed to be proven to recognize aboriginal Title. Those are both FACTS which you ignored in favor of ranting and carrying on...

Shwa you're a joke. Keep it up with the lame insults. Maybe eventually you'll break me down and hurt my feelings :(

Edited by Moonbox

What about Section 1 of the Charter? I posted that. I also posted what the SCoC decided needed to be proven to recognize aboriginal Title. Those are both FACTS which you ignored in favor of ranting and carrying on...

Shwa you're a joke. Keep it up with the lame insults. Maybe eventually you'll break me down and hurt my feelings :(

You keep coming back for more there Nancy. Perhaps you are revealing a weird twist to your personal psychological make-up? Because, remember, you posted this already:

Shwa you're a joke. You've said nothing constructive in the whole thread and you're just here trolling and insulting people. I know you think you're really clever and smart, but your lame insults and infantile wit wouldn't impress a five year old. Grow up, and when you have something worthwhile to say maybe people will bother responding to you.

And yet you keep bothering.