Question for Ottawa residents.

Gabriel

Lowell Green is so absurd that he's really quite funny to listen to. Michael Harris is one of the more reasonable voices I've heard on talk radio anywhere. I'm not a huge fan of rob snow, but I do like his monday and tuesday political panels, more to hear the individual party's particular spin.

They do have a webstream if the issue is reception in your workplace.

Lowell Green is still going? Wow. I went to school with his daughter and her grandfather, Lowell's dad, gave a very inspirational commencement speech. They are an excellent family.

I have another question for Ottawa residents.

If you could live anywhere else in the world..

..wouldn't you?

Yes. As a former Ottawa resident, I moved. The last year I was there it went down to -49C on Boxing Day and snowed May 15th. One can only take so much. Love to visit the place though. In the summer.

You folks like CFRA? Lowell Green, Michael Harris, Rob Snow, Jon Counsel, etc? I usually am unable to listen to it when working, but I think Ottawa's got a good station going on.

I do tend to listen to CFRA quite a bit when driving, partly because their frequent traffic/weather updates during rush hours, partly because there doesn't seem to be a radio station that features music I like, partly because I like to keep up to date with news from different sources. Keep in mind that CFRA does tend to feature commentators that sit on the right of the political spectrum. (Perhaps not all, but the main ones do.) I do tend to hold libertarian views on many things, so sometimes I agree with the commentators, sometimes I disagree.

The best commentator (although he doesn't have a show on the station) is John Robson.

Frankly, I find John Consel to be one of the biggest idiots that ever came down the turnpike.

I do tend to listen to CFRA quite a bit when driving, partly because their frequent traffic/weather updates during rush hours, partly because there doesn't seem to be a radio station that features music I like, partly because I like to keep up to date with news from different sources. Keep in mind that CFRA does tend to feature commentators that sit on the right of the political spectrum. (Perhaps not all, but the main ones do.) I do tend to hold libertarian views on many things, so sometimes I agree with the commentators, sometimes I disagree.

The best commentator (although he doesn't have a show on the station) is John Robson.

Frankly, I find John Consel to be one of the biggest idiots that ever came down the turnpike.

Ya, CFRA has a vibe about it calling for less government and less regulation, generally speaking. At least most of the commentators can be safely described as sitting to the right of the Canadian middle. And yeah, John Counsel is pretty out there. Rabbi Bulka has a show on Sunday, he's pretty cool.

Edited by Gabriel

I listen to it all the time. Lowell is lowell but has done so much good work thru the 50 or so years on the radio. Lowell researches everything he gets into, and the left hates him with a passion becasue he does his homework. No other station like it in north america and no other lowell either he is opne of a kind. Mike harris ,like him to but he can a little pompous at time like lowell. Nick at nite he good to listen to also. That station is one of a kind. Lowell wrote some good books and again so has harris.

I listen to CFRA in the mornings and on my way home.I generally like the station,it's a nice change from work where CHEZ 106 is always on(too much idiot dj talk,Bryan Adams,Tom Cochrane,ACDC...pretty much sums up CHEZ).Did you know Lowell Green was once in the Liberal camp many years ago?I wonder what made him see the light? B)

I think their reputation as being right wing radio is unfair,as they always have guests from all sides of the political spectrum.Conservatives get drilled by CFRA too.

CFRA is ok. My conservatives parents have always listened to it a ton, especially Lowell Green. At least it airs different view point from people like Lowell, yet also lets more moderate voices like Michael Harris have a show. So in that sense, its a good station. Good for liberty and free speech (as Green has been harassed by the CRTC a gazillion times yet CFRA still backs him up)

Edited by Moonlight Graham

You folks like CFRA? Lowell Green, Michael Harris, Rob Snow, Jon Counsel, etc? I usually am unable to listen to it when working, but I think Ottawa's got a good station going on.

I don't listen to the radio unless we are in the car driving. Lowell Green reminds me of Lou Dobbs somewhat. Both try to let People know about the crap that is happening in each country and they suggest changes that they feel should be made for the better.

Lou Dobbs is off CNN of course and Lowell Green, I only see occasionally on tv.

I have another question for Ottawa residents.

If you could live anywhere else in the world..

..wouldn't you?

I noticed a good percentage of People in the world would like to live somewhere else, other than where they live. The grass is always greener.

We live in Ottawa because it is our favourite city out of all the cities that we have lived in. Otherwise, Australia peaks my interest.