Obama's Terrorism Failure

The Fort Hood terrorist attack is by far the worst attack on American soil since 9/11. Since that course altering day, the Bush Administration, under unbelievably vile attack and misrepresention of their tools put in place to fight terrorism, kept the country safe for 8 straight years.

Since his inauguration, President Obama has been chipping away at many Bush era intelligence tools, that were used successfully over the last several years, to prevent such attacks from taking place.

Obama has eroded such powers, and it seems to me, has failed to protect the American people. Instead, he's implemented the same failed policy of categorizing these actions to fall under law enforcement activity, despite that being one of the failures of the pre-9/11 mindset and operations and procedures.

If, and it's a big if. But if another, even just similar type terrorist attack takes place over the next year or tow, Obama's time as a political leader is over. He will look weak, and impotent, and American voters will send him out of office faster than his politically and ideological equivalent, Jimmy Carter.

Mr. President. One more failing like the incident in Fort Hood, and you're finished.

Bush kept America safe for 8 years. Obama gets into office and does things like strike the phrase war on terrorism from the white house, down size border security efforts, and neuter the CIA. These efforts have brought hope to terrorists everywhere.

7 years Sharkman you don't get to pretend when 9/11 happened Bush wasn't office like you and Shady often do.

Imagine if Obama got a memo outlining a plan to attack the U.S. that even included an accurate description how they planned to do it, and then failed to do anything whatsoever in response. Bush had a chance to prevent 9/11 but chose to ignore it. No one can say Obama could have foreseen Fort Hood (other than, perhaps, the jokers in this forum who seem to enjoy being wrong all the time).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/

Funny, nothing in the memo about flying planes into office towers...

I guess you weren't paying very close attention in 2001 either.

And, while administration officials have said repeatedly that intelligence analysts never imagined that terrorists would use planes in a suicide attack, a 1999 report for the National Intelligence Council warned that fanatics loyal to bin Laden might try to hijack a jetliner and fly it into the Pentagon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/may/19/terrorism.september11

I guess you weren't paying very close attention in 2001 either.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/may/19/terrorism.september11

Nice of you to dig out the info from that report, now maybe you could dig out Clinton's response to it in '99, or did he figure he'd solved the problem by lobbing a few cruise missles into tents? But then again, we all know how that worked out for him...

At any rate, Obama's reshaping of the terrorist threat has done nothing but encourage them, and make lefties everywhere feel better about themselves.

Nice of you to dig out the info from that report, now maybe you could dig out Clinton's response to it in '99, or did he figure he'd solved the problem by lobbing a few cruise missles into tents? But then again, we all know how that worked out for him...

At any rate, Obama's reshaping of the terrorist threat has done nothing but encourage them, and make lefties everywhere feel better about themselves.

Good thing he hasn't let terrorist fly planes into buildings and kill thousands. That happened under Bush's watch Sharkman and this silly argument only forces to compare the two. Right now Bush's body count of Americans on American soil is much much higher at this point in his presidency.

Good thing he hasn't let terrorist fly planes into buildings and kill thousands. That happened under Bush's watch Sharkman and this silly argument only forces to compare the two. Right now Bush's body count of Americans on American soil is much much higher at this point in his presidency.

Okay punked, I'll give you that Bush kept America safe for 7 not 8 years if you can figure out that the 9/11 attack and this one were intelligence failures. You're going to have to correct Bubber. He gives Obama a pass for this latest attack, but blames Bush entirely for the other one. At least you can tell that the buck stops with the president whether he's a dem or a rep.

I'm still waiting for Clinton's response to the report, Bubber, but I'm not holding my breath.

Okay punked, I'll give you that Bush kept America safe for 7 not 8 years if you can figure out that the 9/11 attack and this one were intelligence failures. You're going to have to correct Bubber. He gives Obama a pass for this latest attack, but blames Bush entirely for the other one. At least you can tell that the buck stops with the president whether he's a dem or a rep.

I'm still waiting for Clinton's response to the report, Bubber, but I'm not holding my breath.

Until I see evidence that this attack could have been stopped I can't really blame Obama. Would wire tapping this guy help? How about watching his internet traffic? I mean honestly unless you can read someones thought I fail too see how Obama could have stopped this one.

Even Bush's failures I understand and don't really blame him for. Crazy people do crazy shit and sometimes those crazy people are ignored for being crazy and that is a mistake. However it is better then alternative of camera's in our homes right?

I don't defend Clinton because I'm not a mindless partisan. But if you can show me where Obama was briefed about Hasan watshisname before the shooting, I will concede he failed to act appropriately.

How could the Fort Hood murders be considered in anyway, shape or form either a terrorist attack or a failure on the part of Obama?

It was simply a case of a person going off the deep end and going postal. Had the person been white, or Christian or Jewish, no one here would even utter the word "Terrorism", but because the murder is a Muslim, righteous indignation and naked racism rear their equally ugly heads. Shame on you.

A man simply snapped and in a time honoured American tradition, went postal....Postal, yet another wonderful term and concept brought to us by our Southern Cousins.

But really, if one lone guy going off the deep end qualifies as terrorism (and we all know the right desperately want there to be terrorism on U.S. soil while Obama is president), then the D.C. snipers would be terrorists too (even more so, because that involved a conspiracy between more than one person), and they were under Bush's watch---right under Bush's nose actually.

Edited by BubberMiley

But really, if one lone guy going off the deep end qualifies as terrorism (and we all know the right desperately want there to be terrorism on U.S. soil while Obama is president), then the D.C. snipers would be terrorists too (even more so, because that involved a conspiracy between more than one person), and they were under Bush's watch---right under Bush's nose actually.

Yes indeed. Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting There were about 30 separate school shooting in the US under Bush;s watch. We even had a few under Clinton's watch, and some under Bush SRs watch.

And I don't think this was the only homeland US military base that has had a shooting. Anyone know of other incidents at a US military base IN the US?

And I don't think this was the only homeland US military base that has had a shooting. Anyone know of other incidents at a US military base IN the US?

Yep, Fort Dix.

6 held on terror conspiracy charges in N.J.

Feds: We dodged a bullet by infiltrating group plotting to attack Fort Dix

Link

However, Homeland Security under Bush was able to stop the attack before people were hurt. Unfortunately, Obama dropped the ball.

Edited by Shady

Yep, Fort Dix.

6 held on terror conspiracy charges in N.J.

Feds: ‘We dodged a bullet’ by infiltrating group plotting to attack Fort Dix

Link

However, Homeland Security under Bush was able to stop the attack before people were hurt. Unfortunately, Obama dropped the ball.

Guess what Shady. The people that missed the warning signs on 9/11 are the same people missing the signs today. No matter if it is Bush or Obama, or Clinton or Reagan, it is all those people hiding in the shadows that are to blame for the intelligence failures.

The Fort Hood terrorist attack is by far the worst attack on American soil since 9/11. Since that course altering day, the Bush Administration, under unbelievably vile attack and misrepresention of their tools put in place to fight terrorism, kept the country safe for 8 straight years.

Since his inauguration, President Obama has been chipping away at many Bush era intelligence tools, that were used successfully over the last several years, to prevent such attacks from taking place.

Obama has eroded such powers, and it seems to me, has failed to protect the American people. Instead, he's implemented the same failed policy of categorizing these actions to fall under law enforcement activity, despite that being one of the failures of the pre-9/11 mindset and operations and procedures.

If, and it's a big if. But if another, even just similar type terrorist attack takes place over the next year or tow, Obama's time as a political leader is over. He will look weak, and impotent, and American voters will send him out of office faster than his politically and ideological equivalent, Jimmy Carter.

Mr. President. One more failing like the incident in Fort Hood, and you're finished.

How can he do what is right when evil is tolerated? When a culture has formed where you get punished for doing the right thing? At this point Obama knows if he committs 40 thousand young people to possibly be maimed or die fighthing so-called terrorism..He understands that after all is said and done- nothing will change - I don't think he will make a "good" president because he is not willing to commit evil..so he is in a bind. I don't believe he really understood that being a good president entailed killing people indirectly and under the guise of goodness...He's stuck...I hope to God that he survives and does what is right..but the empire is just that - and empire - and Rome showed no mercy, not even to their own.